sggcx2 vs SG9665GC V3 vs A119s

AcTSX97

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hey guys,

I am looking to buy a new dash camera to replace/supplement my existing one. I narrowed my search down to one of the three cameras listed in the title. It is my understanding that the SGGCX2 is an upgrade to the SG96655GC-V3. Upon my side by side comparison the only difference was the sony image processor they use (323 vs 322). I have no idea how much of a discernible difference it would make to justify the $20 difference in price on amazon.ca ; also, how good of quality is the memory card that comes with the camera compared to some of the well recommended ones on this site. I am leaning toward buying the camera with the 32gb card but if the quality of the cards are good, i'll opt for the 64.

Now with that said, the viofo A119s looks like a good deal compared to the street guardian. The street guardian from what I have seen has better night visibility which is very important to me as well as day time but the viofo honestly looks very comparable.

I am just trying to figure out what camera would be the best overall, since all three are in my price range so money isn't a deal breaker for these models (I just don't want to spend $100 extra if it is not necessary). I am looking for good quality, decent long term reliability, and relative temperature endurance for the variable Canadian weather.

Thanks.

From what i understand the SGGCX2 is the successor to the GC line of cameras, so it should be a 1 up on the GC, but not having studied them up close yet i dont think the difference between them just jump out at you.
I think the chipset are the same so its just the sensor and housing, lens might also be a upgraded one, but if that's not the case i would not be surprised.

The A119S are much the same but it do pack the IMX 291 sensor that on paper at least beat the IMX 323.

While Vifo and SG are both brands supporting their products i have yet to see Vifo do it to the same level SG do, those guys almost jump onto each others shoulders to help customers with product problems.

I cant recall if Vifo sell their cameras with memory cards, i would think retailers might make a bundle of some sort, SG do sell their cameras with memory cards and its cards that have undergone a long time testing with the brand / model, so if you trade with a certified SG retailer you should be fine.

The vifo cameras you can get at a lower prize, reviews of them dont seem bad, but i cant help but think there must be a reason why they can prize them lower.

I am somewhat affiliated with SG, but i do my best to keep a open mind.

SGGCX2 (unofficially SG9665GC V4) has new tooling/custom housing.
Lens now swings a full 90 degrees for true vertical windows.
PCB is at a new angle so the cables plugged into the top ports no longer hit the window when you plug in the cables.
The same lens found in the new SG9663DC is also used in the SGGCX2.
Maximum Heat and Cold tolerances have been increased.
Ventilation has been enhanced.
SGGCX2 has 323 Sensor, SG9665GCV3 has 322.
The SGGCX2 warranty can be extended to 24 months for free if you register online.
Enough things changed that it was time to give the new 2018 product a new model number rather than call it SG9665GC V4.
We are marketing it as GC V4 on Amazon temporarily until people are aware of the change and the last of the @Street Guardian USA / @Street Guardian Canada SG9665GC stock sells out. (now at clearance prices)

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT @AcTSX97

thank you!
SGGCX2 (unofficially SG9665GC V4) has new tooling/custom housing.
Lens now swings a full 90 degrees for true vertical windows.
PCB is at a new angle so the cables plugged into the top ports no longer hit the window when you plug in the cables.
The same lens found in the new SG9663DC is also used in the SGGCX2.
Maximum Heat and Cold tolerances have been increased.
Ventilation has been enhanced.
SGGCX2 has 323 Sensor, SG9665GCV3 has 322.
The SGGCX2 warranty can be extended to 24 months for free if you register online.
Enough things changed that it was time to give the new 2018 product a new model number rather than call it SG9665GC V4.
We are marketing it as GC V4 on Amazon temporarily until people are aware of the change and the last of the @Street Guardian USA / @Street Guardian Canada SG9665GC stock sells out. (now at clearance prices)

great, thanks for the information. I think I know which one I will be purchasing.

Back