SGGCX2Pro+ 2020 Video Skipping/freezing issues

vanxy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have purchased the upgraded (+) version from Amazon in October, I have had a few issues with the device skipping during video, audio still records normal. After my initial testing, trying to figure it out and upgrading the software I tested it again and thought it was good to go. Last video test was December. This morning I was in an accident, told the officer I have a dash camera to back up my claims, checking my camera just now, I have went through all of my data, only to find that there is a frozen frame, while still recording GPS, audio. It is well reasonably assured that I am screwed now, because I have no proof that I was in the clear, and the other driver was trying to blame me. Hopefully the GPS/audio will help my case with the incident. I am very least disappointed, and there is a great deal of certainty I will be moving on from this camera.

Notes: Using Samsung 128 PRO Endurance SD card, making mention of this as I saw another post regarding issues with the SD card included.
Vehicle was warmed up, prior to incident.
Was on recent firmware updated.

almost always a memory card problem with this issue, was a known issue with recent Transcend cards in particular, Samsung cards are usually ok but it would be worth testing the card anyway to be sure, start with h2testw to confirm that the card is good (post back a screenshot of the results if you're not sure what they mean), a full overwrite format using SDformatter can generally restore a card that has issues

Edit, before you run any tests go to the playback menu in the camera and try playing the file, the camera has a built in repair function that can fix damaged files, if you run the tests above you will lose that option

almost always a memory card problem with this issue, was a known issue with recent Transcend cards in particular, Samsung cards are usually ok but it would be worth testing the card anyway to be sure, start with h2testw to confirm that the card is good (post back a screenshot of the results if you're not sure what they mean), a full overwrite format using SDformatter can generally restore a card that has issues

Edit, before you run any tests go to the playback menu in the camera and try playing the file, the camera has a built in repair function that can fix damaged files, if you run the tests above you will lose that option
I will give that a try and get back to you. Thank you.

The Samsung Pro Endurance is a highly recommended card for dash cameras, but I see a lot users with issues who are using these cards. Could very well be a coincidence, who knows. I usually recommend the SanDisk High Endurance over the Samsung Pro Endurance due to this. Heck, I usually recommend the Samsung EVO Select over the Samsung Pro Endurance. Would be interesting to see if the card is the issue here as well.

Even the best cards can fail, my biggest memory card disappointments all hail from some of the most expensive and high end cards i have gotten ( at the time )
But those 2 cards i got replaced ASAP, one by Amazon and the other by the seller on Amazon, and that wasent the seller that sent me a new card, it came strait from PNY Europe ( which as i recall was in Holland )

You could also have been unlucky with your dashcam system, but then on this parameter you got the right brand for such things.

Unfortunately, I was not able to play back the file. The test is currently running on the disk and will update later. At this point I am 0/2 lol, next I will be seeing if I can still return this camera if it is not the disk. I am out of my warranty window with amazon, but thats just how these things go I guess.

Apologies, the camera was from amazon Street guardian store, the card itself was amazon actual.

Is the the sandisk card mentioned?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07NY23WBG
Apologies, the camera was from amazon Street guardian store, the card itself was amazon actual.
The USA Street Guardian store? Ah ok you clarified card was bought separately.
We only sold Samsung EVO Select U3 cards and now sell SanDisk High Endurance U3. Test with our original card if possible.

The USA Street Guardian store? Ah ok you clarified card was bought separately.
We only sold Samsung EVO Select U3 cards and now sell SanDisk High Endurance U3. Test with our original card if possible.
Actually the reason I got this samsung originally, was because the card it came with skipped occasionally. This was after a wipe/update.

if it turns out there's something wrong with the camera that can be replaced under warranty for you, have only ever seen this happen from bad memory cards before but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a camera fault, let us know how you get on

if it turns out there's something wrong with the camera that can be replaced under warranty for you, have only ever seen this happen from bad memory cards before but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a camera fault, let us know how you get on
It has about 20 minutes left, how should I go about posting the results?

you can post a screenshot of the results here

h2testw will identify if the card is real or not, but not a lot of useful info otherwise, if that test passes fine I would test with CrystalDiskMark and see what the card speeds look like

you can post a screenshot of the results here

h2testw will identify if the card is real or not, but not a lot of useful info otherwise, if that test passes fine I would test with CrystalDiskMark and see what the card speeds look like

Warning: Only 122102 of 122103 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 26.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 36.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

1615947192509.png

Back