SGGCX2PRO+ beeps occasionally and repeatedly when switching to parking mode

I’d avoid transcend. We had a LOT of customers report the beeping problem as soon as the Transcend card is full. Their older cards were ok not sure what they changed. We switched to Sandisk High Endurance U3 and Samsung EVO U3 a few years back and had very good results long term so far. Any brand card can fail early though.

A few reasons to format cards in camera more often is especially for Mac users. Mac OS leaves a bunch of hidden files on the card that can potentially trip things up. As good practice, It’s always recommended to format the card any time you’ve accessed the card via Mac or Windows. Some cards slow down over time and running the SD Formatter app (“overwrite” option) can get it going again. There are other reasons to format often Rick (Jokiin) has posted about many times but don’t have a historical link handy to it. I tell customers to put it in their calendar to format in-camera at least twice a year if you completely set it and forget it long term.

On an aside note: I use a Sandisk A2 Extreme (128GB and 256GB) in in two of my Dash Cams and never once had a failure. I use a Sandisk High Endurance 256GB and first one failed in a few months. I did an overwrite / low level format and it kept developing sectors. I even attempted to put other things on the card and they'd randomly wind up corrupted. Had Sandisk RMA the card and the new one works fine.

So any card can definitely fail. Even the most reliable. I also have a spare Samsung Evo Select 128GB in case I ever need a spare card.

If it won't format (try letting it run overnight), it's likely the card failed.
I would consider failed to be inoperable. It’s not inoperable. It’s just slow. Had the cam not beeped at me every once in a while, I’d never even know. And since a new replacement arrived today, I don’t have much incentive to let it run for hours or days to see what happens.

My last memory card the Adata endurance, at first it was only 10 - 20 % of its rated speed, i had to run it over with sdformatter before the speeds was acceptable.
And that was brand new.

It still do not work in the viofo T130, but also the only dash camera i have tested it in so far, but in my osmo action camera it are flawless getting hit with 4K/60 at 100 mbit,,,, far harder than the T130 would hit any card.

I would consider failed to be inoperable. It’s not inoperable. It’s just slow. Had the cam not beeped at me every once in a while, I’d never even know. And since a new replacement arrived today, I don’t have much incentive to let it run for hours or days to see what happens.

Well there could be a bad controller where it can't read and get past a certain spot on the card. I've had memory cards go bad, and if you try to pull off an item in the "Bad Sector" the card attempts to read and read, but never does. Eventually, card dies.

I would let the process continue and if it completes, run the process and second time, and see if the card formats much faster. If not, it's very likely the card has developed a problem with the controller.

My last memory card the Adata endurance, at first it was only 10 - 20 % of its rated speed, i had to run it over with sdformatter before the speeds was acceptable.
And that was brand new.

It still do not work in the viofo T130, but also the only dash camera i have tested it in so far, but in my osmo action camera it are flawless getting hit with 4K/60 at 100 mbit,,,, far harder than the T130 would hit any card.

Brand compatibility is definitely a real issue with Dashcams. Some Sd cards work fine in one brand and not in another.

That’s why we bundle memory cards with our dashcam products so customers aren’t left buying an inferior non-standard controller based card or even a fake card.

Indeed, i have not tried the Adata in the A139, but that model liked most cards i threw at it.
SG in general i have also had a hard time finding memory cards that they do not like.

That’s why we bundle memory cards with our dashcam products so customers aren’t left buying an inferior non-standard controller based card or even a fake card.

Tell me about it! I have lost very personal trip photos. So I say this with extreme bitterness. I bought my first Samsung Phone and they were shipped with a Samsung Branded SD card. I also bought a 16GB samsung branded SD card. POS cards DIED and like an IDIOT i didn't have backups. I lost probably 1/3rd o my photos. The controller was going bad and I pulled off some before it completely died.

They do offer data recovery services and I've seen youtube videos where people can hook wires to try and read direct from memory, but it isn't cheap. No one but me cares about my trip photos, so I can't muster the justification to spend a small fortune to recover them.

I use this tale as a cautionary one. Don't buy or use crap SD cards. You'll come to regret it! I did have one Sandisk High Endurance 256GB dud that went back, but the other 3 Sandisk I have all work perfectly. 2 x A2 Extremes (128 and 256) for well over 2 years. And the replacement High Endurance Sandisk mailed me has been perfectly fine.

Between the litany of fakes and cheap cards, saving a bit of money will cost you a lot in the long run. Don't cheap out on SD cards people.

I don't think anyone is claiming the camera itself is creating errors, but that multiple writes and rewrites can cause errors to develop. I consider Transcend to be a reputable source as it's a global manufacturer of memory cards.

Dashcams usually perform read/write tasks extensively, which is why memory card errors occur after lots of use.

For the best recording performance, we suggest that you format the memory card quarterly

Aside Note: I've had cards act up every now and again after long term use, and doing an overwrite / low level format solves the issue.

I only used their link to explain to @DT MI that manufacturers recommend cards be formatted because after multiple reads and writes, errors can develop. By no means would I utilize their cards in a dash cam. But I wanted to show him a "reputable source".
Credible source - Yes, they are a manufacturer.

As to addressing my specific point ("a credible source explaining why and how errors are prevented") - Not even close.

Credible source - Yes, they are a manufacturer.

As to addressing my specific point ("a credible source explaining why and how errors are prevented") - Not even close.

Except the entire first part of your post was dedicated to "You not believing in the need for reformatting". Which is what my post and link answered. Explaining what you stated is hyperbole and against what manufacturers recommend (Transcend). Transcend further elaborated that the reason errors happens is due to continuous read and writes.

"Dashcams usually perform read/write tasks extensively, which is why memory card errors occur after lots of use.
For the best recording performance, we suggest that you format the memory card quarterly
Therefore, I answered your question in full with a factual and credible source per your request. You can't prevent errors with normal use, as constant read and writes create them, but you can "optimize a card" by reformatting it quarterly.

This is something I put in the category of 'urban legend'. I've been hearing and reading this for years now (long before I got my first dash cam) and have yet to see a single credible source explaining why or how - just the same dire warning regurgitated over and over ad nauseam.

I only reformat my dash cam cards when updating the F/W, and then only in case there's something in the new version that wouldn't like the 'leftovers' from the prior version. I've been using the same flash memory in my digital cameras for years now and have never reformatted and have not had a single problem.

If you, or anyone, has a link to a credible source explaining why and how errors are prevented I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
Except the entire first part of your post was dedicated to "You not believing in the need for reformatting". Which is what my post and link answered. Explaining what you stated is hyperbole and against what manufacturers recommend (Transcend). Transcend further elaborated that the reason errors happens is due to continuous read and writes.

"Dashcams usually perform read/write tasks extensively, which is why memory card errors occur after lots of use.
Therefore, I answered your question in full with a factual and credible source per your request. You can't prevent errors with normal use, as constant read and writes create them, but you can "optimize a card" by reformatting it quarterly.
:rolleyes: Interesting take on what you claim I said and asked for - wrong, but interesting.

First the 'entire first part' of my post, in fact the entire post, was in response to your claim that "After a while, we all know that the cards can develop errors if not formatted." which is factually incorrect as regular formatting will not prevent errors, as you yourself acknowledged (twice!) when quoting the Transcend site - "Dashcams usually perform read/write tasks extensively, which is why memory card errors occur after lots of use." - no mention by Transcend claiming, or even alluding to, regular formatting as a preventative measure.

Second what I asked for (versus your misinterpretation), and which your link did not provide, was a credible source "explaining why and how errors are prevented" by regular formatting.

Now, if you can provide a link to a credible source addressing what I actually asked for, versus your mistaken interpretation, I will be more than happy to read it and acknowledge your contribution. Lacking that there's no need for you to reply in any other manner.

:rolleyes: Interesting take on what you claim I said and asked for - wrong, but interesting.

Actually, I answered the first part of your question very succinctly. Your choice to never format is wrong based upon manufacturers recommendations.

I only reformat my dash cam cards when updating the F/W, and then only in case there's something in the new version that wouldn't like the 'leftovers' from the prior version. I've been using the same flash memory in my digital cameras for years now and have never reformatted and have not had a single problem.

Now the second part:

First the 'entire first part' of my post, in fact the entire post, was in response to your claim that "After a while, we all know that the cards can develop errors if not formatted." which is factually incorrect as regular formatting will not prevent errors, as you yourself acknowledged (twice!) when quoting the Transcend site - "Dashcams usually perform read/write tasks extensively, which is why memory card errors occur after lots of use." - no mention by Transcend claiming, or even alluding to, regular formatting as a preventative measure.

Second what I asked for (versus your misinterpretation), and which your link did not provide, was a credible source "explaining why and how errors are prevented" by regular formatting.

Now, if you can provide a link to a credible source addressing what I actually asked for, versus your mistaken interpretation, I will be more than happy to read it and acknowledge your contribution. Lacking that there's no need for you to reply in any other manner.

You need to periodically format an SD Card (quarterly according to Transcend). You are right: Errors can't be prevented. Multiple Writes and Rewrites create errors.

Your statement of never Formatting a Card, was erroneous. I answered that part. The Second Part "Errors". Formatting Helps keep an MicroSD card properly working since preventing errors isn't possible. Formatting MITIGATES the amount of errors created. Which could result in a failure to record.

Every dashcam manufacturer recommends formatting the card in -camera periodically at the very least. Some products I’ve seen even have a reminder in the settings menu asking you to do so.

Every dashcam manufacturer recommends formatting the card in -camera periodically at the very least. Some products I’ve seen even have a reminder in the settings menu asking you to do so.

I'd take it one step further and say sometimes formatting in SDCardFormatter (low level / overwrite) may be necessary if the card results in failures to record. As Quick Formats won't always resolve those issues (numerous errors resulting in poor write / read speeds).

For sure i would not rule out any memory card before i have hit it with a few tools, some times these little suckers can throw a curve ball at you.

For sure i would not rule out any memory card before i have hit it with a few tools, some times these little suckers can throw a curve ball at you.
The replacement tested at over 25MB/sec write, so I popped it into the dashcam, formatted it as prompted, and have gone on my merry way with nary a wayward beep. The old one is on its way back to the the Borg—err Amazon—returns.

Actually, I answered the first part of your question very succinctly. Your choice to never format is wrong based upon manufacturers recommendations.

Now the second part:

You need to periodically format an SD Card (quarterly according to Transcend). You are right: Errors can't be prevented. Multiple Writes and Rewrites create errors.

Your statement of never Formatting a Card, was erroneous. I answered that part. The Second Part "Errors". Formatting Helps keep an MicroSD card properly working since preventing errors isn't possible. Formatting MITIGATES the amount of errors created. Which could result in a failure to record.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK, have it your way if it makes you feel better. How could any mere mortal dispute this kind of logic?

...we all know that the cards can develop errors if not formatted....

...You are right: Errors can't be prevented. Multiple Writes and Rewrites create errors......
and
...Formatting Helps keep an MicroSD card properly working since preventing errors isn't possible....

I'm done with this foolishness. :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK, have it your way if it makes you feel better. How could any mere mortal dispute this kind of logic?

and

I'm done with this foolishness. :rolleyes:

Well considering those are your words about never formatting the MicroSD Card. And the fact a Manufacturer Disagrees with your "Logic".

It's pretty clear the only foolishness is your unwillingness to accept these recommendations and admit your methodology is flawed.

Because constant read and writes lead to errors, formatting the card, will ensure it keeps working without issue.

Not sure what else you want to know? It's all been answered for you by Transcend.

How to Prevent Errors?

Never use the SD Card......Otherwise constant and regular use generates errors over time. Period.

As long as I’ve known being in the biz all manufactures & dashcam developers recommend formatting the card on a regular basis. That’s the most important take away, don’t blindly go years without re-formatting the card ever.

Back