jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited:
While on the subject of F/W updates I have a couple of 'wish list' items.

1 - When doing an 'in camera' format of the SD card would it be possible to retain the volume label that's on the card rather than resetting it to a default value? I have multiple cards and use the label as a means of keeping track of them and in which cameras they're being used. Not a big deal but would be a 'nice to have' thing.

2 - Probably not at all possible but is there any chance that some/all the user settings could be preserved when doing a F/W update? Again, not a big deal but a nice to have.

Not sure it would even be possible to retain the volume label when formatting like you can when doing a quick format in a PC

Retaining the settings isn't something we can do with the current way the firmware/hardware is done, we do have another method to quickly load user settings but still testing that at the moment

I don't know if it's already been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed that the directional indicators (^v) at the bottom of the menu are no longer accurate. To go up or down through the menu, we press the 2 buttons on the right. However, the indicators now show that you are to use the 2nd button to go up and the 4th button to go down. I haven't updated since 1.17, so I don't know when this popped up.

I'll try to get a picture of it if it helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just rolled back to the release version, it was different, but it wasn't above the corresponding buttons either, in saying that though I'll have a look at changing the layout and adjusting them to match the buttons so it's more obvious, thanks for the feedback :)

I just rolled back to the release version, it was different, but it wasn't above the corresponding buttons either, in saying that though I'll have a look at changing the layout and adjusting them to match the buttons so it's more obvious, thanks for the feedback :)
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited:
Hello all ... first time poster here. I bought the SGGCX2PRO+ a few weeks back and absolutely love it. I have owned 3 other dashcams and this one blows all the others away (even my Opia2).

My question is ... does anyone have an update on the V.1-23 beta firmware? Has there been any issues with it? I was thinking about trying it out.

Thanks in advance!

No SG firmware's are pretty safe to use, they have been around the block with the boss and a few others before we get to give them a spin too, i also think it said somewhere that beta firmware's do not void warranty or something to that degree.
Just be sure to follow the included "how to" install a new firmware.

Last edited:
Back