SGGCX2PRO does not start automatically during the cold weather

Cold mornings are over and I am reporting about the results. I have not replaced the power supply with the one you've sent me so far.

The dashcam starts correctly now. Not a single failure since I heated up the power supply. But sometimes it does not go into the parking mode after the first engine shutdown in a cold morning.

I start the engine, the camera turns on.
I am driving, the camera is working fine.
I park and shut the engine off - the camera stops recording.
I start the car again, the camera is working fine.
I park and turn the engine off the next time - the camera correctly switches to the parking mode.

Seems like the power supply is still malfunctioning a little bit until it gets warmer.

I plan to keep using the camera with this power supply, but once it starts malfunctioning more seriously again, I will replace it.

Sounds like car battery might be culprit, too. I had erratic behavior on my cameras when the car battery started generating low battery warnings. Cold weather is definitely prone to causing a battery that may be weak to work much harder.

Sounds like car battery might be culprit, too. I had erratic behavior on my cameras when the car battery started generating low battery warnings. Cold weather is definitely prone to causing a battery that may be weak to work much harder.
I'd hope that his three month old battery is still healthy

I'd hope that his three month old battery is still healthy

Where did he say car battery was 3 months old? Also, wouldn't hurt to have it tested just to be sure. Things do go bad if there's manufacturer defect in production.

That post are marked Jan 3 here, post #18
But yeah, i am thinking maybe some component are a bit off spec. i have never hand any temperature related problems with a SG camera, but Denmark dont see that cold temperatures these days, if it sneak below -10 deg C it is now something to take note off, in the old days -20 would do that.

well i had problems with a SG camera last end spring/summer, and a new battery fixed that just fine
And the old / original 2012 battery did not appear bad in any way, but somehow it must have been

The guy should deffo use that replacement PSU he got with the slightest sign of problems,,,,,, i would do it before personally.

So basically either the NEW BATTERY or Lack of Cold weather fixed..... Guess he'll find out when it gets cold again if this is true.
Not the lack of cold weather, but the heat-up by a heat gun. I applied the heat gun to the power supply to check if cold temperature causes malfunction of the power supply or of the camera module itself. But it turned out that the heat gun fixed the problem "permanently". I believe it will start malfunctioning the same way again sooner or later, because the heat gun fix is not a real fix.

As I stated before, a bad battery could have caused his problem.
Check my post from Dec 12, 2020. The power module did not start the camera while the alternator was working and there was 14+ volts on both input lines. The battery could have been completely dead at this point, it should not have mattered. The power supply was definitely malfunctioning, it is only unclear how particularly.

A new power supply was sent, recommend replacing it right away before next winter.
Another one? I admire your customer service, but the one you've sent me in December is still waiting to be installed. Please cancel the delivery if it is possible.

@jokiin, @Street Guardian USA
Are you guys interested in getting my malfunctioning power supply? I can wait until it starts to malfunction seriously again (perhaps, the next winter) and then replace it and send it to you. If I was an SG engineer, I would have wanted to put my hands on a failed device and investigate the problem.

Back