SGGCX2PRO from Amazon

ifarlow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO
Well, I was hoping to join the club this afternoon because I purchased a SGGCX2PRO and hardwire kit from Amazon (seller: Street Guardian), and it was scheduled to deliver today. Of course, Amazon's process has stalled and so not only is it not being delivered today, but who knows where it is at this point. One rep said it's local to me and will definitely be delivered today. The same rep even "escalated" the processing to ensure delivery by 5pm today. However, another rep just told me that the item is possibly in Illinois and definitely won't be delivered today.

Sigh.

What's the point of making purchase decisions based on a delivery date when that date has no value? The item was supposed to be delivered today because I won't be available for the next several days, but now... who knows. Of course, as I'm typing this I get an email from Amazon that my item shipped today... for delivery today. Um, nope. Not according to UPS who says they don't have the item.

I guess I should have just purchased directly from Street Guardian. It likely would have been here quicker at this point.

Hi Sorry the Amazon Fulfillment system let you down. We have no control over that, unfortunately. If you complain hard enough they might give you a partial refund.
(do a live chat/instant message session)

We ship via USPS Priority Mail for direct .CAM orders.

Thanks. I know it's not your fault, so I don't blame you. I'm just frustrated. I just made the purchase decision to go with Amazon because they offered next-day shipping with my Prime membership. This is not the first time Amazon has dropped the ball, unfortunately, but I was really looking forward to getting the camera today and installing it tonight before heading out for the weekend. Now, I don't know when the item will be delivered or if I will be around to receive them before they get returned.

UPS now shows that the item will be delivered to the office today. Unfortunately, I wasn't supposed to be there, so it looks like I'll be driving an hour and a half out of the way to pick up the delivery so it doesn't get misplaced or stolen. I suppose the silver lining is that I should be able to install the camera this evening, assuming that the hardwire kit comes with the necessary fuses for the camera, otherwise I'll have to track those down somewhere.

Anyway, for what it's worth, thanks for the opportunity to vent, and thanks for the response.

I just ran by the office to get it and, well... I had to open the box. My first reaction was, "Wow, this thing is teeny tiny." The Roav C1 Pro I had wasn't exactly huge, but compared to this one, the C1 Pro is massive. Now I've got to get back home and find some spare time to install it. Might not happen until tomorrow morning, unfortunately.

Nice you got your "toy"

Welcome the the family (y)

I had the same response to the size of my first X2 when I opened the box. They may be small, but they get the job done. And the SG team are great people to deal with.

As far as Amazon, they seem to be dropping the ball a lot lately. I am on my third attempt to buy the Silicon Power 256gb sd card. The first two ended up being returned by them and refunding me for non delivery. The third one was suppose to be here today with one day delivery and now they are saying tomorrow.

My dinner better be ready, I am starving.

As far as Amazon, they seem to be dropping the ball a lot lately. I am on my third attempt to buy the Silicon Power 256gb sd card. The first two ended up being returned by them and refunding me for non delivery. The third one was suppose to be here today with one day delivery and now they are saying tomorrow.
if you're buying that to use in your camera we've tested those and found they could be hit and miss

Silicon Power cards are not reliable, I would avoid.
Stick to Samsung EVO U3, or Sandisk Ultra A1. (or any of the "High Endurance" cards)
Always make sure it's shipped and sold by Amazon, not a 3rd party seller.

Not being used for dash cam, have other plans for it. I like the Ultra A1 cards. My Thinkware rejects every Samsung U3, but likes their U1.

Left my phone at work, don't miss it one bit.

My first 1080p dashcam the Lukas LK.7500 i ordered via eBay from spytec in NYC, but eBay stopped the parcel underway with the reason that such video recorders was not allowed to be imported into Denmark.
So i contacted eBay and told then that yes Denmark are indeed a weird little country, but we are not North Korea weird, and then i proceeded to order from their own shop instead.

I have no idea where eBay got that idea from.

Amazon Germany gladly send me stuff that are indeed illegal here in Denmark, and as its a EU country as long as it don't smell of drugs i get my parcels.

After pepper spray have gotten legal for home defense here, a great many Danes have been busted trying to import a pepper spray, which they cant but they can go to any Danish web page or i assume gun shop and buy all the cans of gas they like.
I assume cheap asses want to save a dime or two :rolleyes:

Quite a few have also already been busted with a pepper spray in the pocket,,,,, but that's not allowed.

Is the Samsung U3 micro SD card considered a high endurance card? Samsung seems to have a separate line for high endurance.

the U3 cards are reliable, they don't market them as High Endurance but performance is fine anyway

Some U3 cards are also OK ( warranty ) for dashcam use by the maker, i know my Trancend ultimate was, at least it had a dashcam on the packaging too.

U3 just refers to the read/write speeds the card is capable of providing, not necessarily the suitability for dashcam use. I like the Samsung PRO Endurance cards a lot, and their V-NAND configuration should stand up to the kind of abuse inherent to constant-write use (and their warranty does not exclude dashcam use!), but I do wish they were available in sizes larger than 128GB.

U3 just refers to the read/write speeds the card is capable of providing, not necessarily the suitability for dashcam use. I like the Samsung PRO Endurance cards a lot, and their V-NAND configuration should stand up to the kind of abuse inherent to constant-write use (and their warranty does not exclude dashcam use!), but I do wish they were available in sizes larger than 128GB.
Thanks. I have a 64GB Endurance card right now so good to know 128 is out now.

Back