SGGCX2PRO intermittent beeping sound when loop recording a new file + long delay after pressing save (middle) button

lefizzet

Reaction score
Country
United States
Purchased my cam in November of 2018 and has been working flawlessly since then. Just recently, I noticed that randomly when the camera starts a new loop file, it also plays an audible beep, but everything is still captured just fine. This happens maybe once every couple of hours, no rhyme or reason why.

Also, now when I press the save (middle) button to lock the current file, there is a delay of about 5-6 seconds from when I press the button and the camera actually saving the file. Previously, I would instantly hear the camera capture sound and see the ! icon on the screen.

Currently running a SGGCX2PRO with SGR291 rear camera with PROPLUS firmware (to support rear camera) X2PRO+190321V1.22

Thanks.

Beeping (Audible warning) usually means a card issue. What brand card is it? Check out this post.

Beeping (Audible warning) usually means a card issue. What brand card is it? Check out this post.

Sandisk 128gb card

Use the "SD Formatter" app and select the "overwrite" option.
See if it completes without errors. Format in-camera afterward and start testing again.
You should format the card in-camera on a regular basis to keep it healthy as well. I format any time I remove the card to review footage etc.

Formatted the SD card and it seems like the card itself is corrupt. Noticed there were a ton of video clips that were only 45 seconds and a bunch that were unviewable once I loaded them up on my computer. Got a new card to see if that fixes it. Is it normal for cards to only last ~1 year? This is the card that came with my bundle
1577578375680.png

not typical, depends how much use though, the high endurance cards are a better choice, they weren't available in the larger sizes at that time though, check your date of purchase with @Street Guardian USA in case that card is still within warranty

Back