SGGCX2PRO rear cameras and parking mode kit

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any info on rear camera choices and availability and the timeline for availability of the SGX2HW hardwire kit to provide parking mode? I’m also curious how the hardwire kit differs from the SGDCHW.

Only difference as i understand it is the plug that go into the camera. ( strait Vs angled on the DCHW )

Last edited:
yes plug is different, have a small shipment of the cables that the tracking details say should be in the Nevada office later today, larger quantity will follow

rear camera is same style as used with the SG9663DC, some other models coming soon

While I wait patiently to see what the new DR offering will be, I’m interested in adding a rear camera and hardwire kit to the fiancée’s car where I’ve installed the X2PRO. I look forward to seeing pricing and availability info at some point.

Now, she may not want either, but that doesn’t mean I’m not interested ;)

Hi, first time user here. Still getting my bearings. This model seems to be very good but I don't quite understand parking mode. Does the time lapse end and go to max fps recording if someone bumps into your car?

I don't really like motion recording as it will yield too many false positives.

Hi, first time user here. Still getting my bearings. This model seems to be very good but I don't quite understand parking mode. Does the time lapse end and go to max fps recording if someone bumps into your car?
it's timelapse, it doesn't change modes while recording if it did it would lose a few seconds of video when that happened, not something you want to have happen right when you need it the most, there are some further changes to come, we're working on the next firmware now

I don't really like motion recording as it will yield too many false positives.

agree, it's very unreliable

@jokiin Could you elaborate on the firmware with regards to parking mode enhancements? Seeing my last 3 damages are parking related I'd like to catch the next person hitting my car:)

@jokiin Could you elaborate on the firmware with regards to parking mode enhancements? Seeing my last 3 damages are parking related I'd like to catch the next person hitting my car:)

will update when we're closer to release, need to test and confirm first, don't want to promise something and then have it not work out

For me it's the only area that needs attention. Catching one incident would be worth double its price (car repairs shops charge a lot over here). Looking forward to an update.

Why do the rear cameras USB cables have an angled connector, why not straight on both ends?

My install looks good except for that part. I'll live with it but it would have looked neater if the connector was straight

Why do the rear cameras USB cables have an angled connector, why not straight on both ends?

My install looks good except for that part. I'll live with it but it would have looked neater if the connector was straight

depends on your install, in some cases straight is better, in others angled is better, will depend on the vehicle as to which suits

depends on your install, in some cases straight is better, in others angled is better, will depend on the vehicle as to which suits

Fair enough, but I can't see for the rear camera how the angle is better than straight. Still, I'll take your word for it as you've seen more car installs than I have of course!

Fair enough but I can't see for the rear camera how the angle is better than straight. Still I'll take your word for it as you've seen more car installs than I have of course!

in a lot of case people want to butt the camera up at the top of the window, in most cars you can't do that with the straight connector

in a lot of case people want to butt the camera up at the top of the window, in most cars you can't do that with the straight connector

Basically if you have it against the top of the rear window then the straight makes sense. I have it further down so its below (inside) the arc of the rear wiper to ensure its looking out of clear glass so in my case its not ideal. I do however see why those who want it against the top of the glass would prefer an angled connector.

Back