SGRCCPL Circular Polarizing Lens for Street Guardian SGZC12RC

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
The hand crafted 3D printed SGRCCPL is now in stock on our main Pier28 site. (limited quantities) I'll try to create an Amazon listing shortly and we'll post some result videos when we get a chance.

That would be a similar hot spot reflection.

We have a new SGRCCPL (clip-on Circular Polarizing Lens) we are testing, it uses the same glass as the SGGCCPL for the SG9665GC
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ns-filter-for-street-guardian-sg9665gc.14256/
Let me know if you want to help test as I have 3 samples now in Nevada.
@niko will create a new thread about the SGRCCPL once it's confirmed ready for the public.
We haven't had a chance to do a side by side test yet since we all sold out of SGZC12RC (more on the way soon)
ZMAeUlY.png
O8Cwffe.png

Made In Germany CPL glass consists of 4 layers: protective glass + Circular Polarized glass + protective glass + UV glass.

CPL glass comes pre-adjusted for the correct polarization.

(no adjustment needed)
Buyers don't need to adjust anything, - just attach

Last edited:
Looks good. Will Niko be getting any for us Europeans?

The hand crafted 3D printed SGRCCPL is now in stock on our main Pier28 site. (limited quantities) I'll try to create an Amazon listing shortly and we'll post some result videos when we get a chance.

ZMAeUlY.png
O8Cwffe.png

Are those 3 separate pieces of glass? Is there any reason/benefit over a single lens with the multi layer coating?

Are those 3 separate pieces of glass? Is there any reason/benefit over a single lens with the multi layer coating?

Made In Germany CPL glass consists of 4 layers: protective glass + Circular Polarized glass + protective glass + UV glass.

CPL glass comes pre-adjusted for the correct polarization.

(no adjustment needed)
Buyers don't need to adjust anything, - just attach

That's great news!

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Looks good. Will Niko be getting any for us Europeans?

I should receive my stock today and over weekend add to mu online shop.

Any ideas on what they would cost Niko?

You may check from online shop. Packaging is 3 times bigger than on SG9665GC CPL filters, hence postage is also slightly higher, but I will keep same price as on SG9665GC CPL.

I got my cpl for the RC yesterday. Tested it out and it does cut down on glare significantly, but it's a little loose. At the end of a 30 minute ride to test the video quality with and without the cpl, it had shimmied almost off. I ended up putting some tape on the back to hold it on, but it's kinda ugly that way. I know there were fitment issues with the cpl for the GC at first, is this the same sort of thing?

There is still a margin of error/tollerance with the 3D printing unfortunately. We only produced a small batch of these. I'll have to test the few remaining ones I have in stock. If you want to send it back for an exchange it's no problem but first batch might all be this way, not sure yet. (And not getting more in for awhile). Hopefully your ok adding tape or maybe I can send you black VHB foam pads.

I like the less glare so not sending back. Was more of an FYI to the maker than anything else. I added a little bump to the back of the camera with some bondic, enough to keep it from shimmying, but not so much I can't take the cpl off if I want.

Back