(SGRCWPC) SPECIAL Waterproof / External Camera for SGZC12RC - series

Anyone ever seen a micro usb selector switch i.e. two cameras as inputs with a switch for which one to use as output (input to head unit)?

The few USB device switch boxes I've seen out there usually only work with printers and other basic input devices.
https://www.google.com/search?q=usb+device+switch+box
They also don't support microUSB but could possibly with adapters. You're in uncharted waters experimental territory. I think it's a long shot.

Anyone ever seen a micro usb selector switch i.e. two cameras as inputs with a switch for which one to use as output (input to head unit)?

I have not seen selector switch / devices so far to be suitable for SGZC12RC.

pier 28..

For over a year I have been using a rear external camera (and advocating its benefits to deaf ears), which gives a much better image due to no reflection or tinted glass.. depending on mounting point and weather a wipe every

couple of months or weekly is all the maintenance it needs... Fact is rear windows spend far more time misted up with no image than any dirty external camera does ...

I have a switchable USB suitable for the sgzc12rc and have been itching to start testing a front external camera ...

I was going to make a start with a Mobius, but

Am open to offers ..

I have a switchable USB suitable for the sgzc12rc and have been itching to start testing a front external camera ...

Is is stock or DIY MicroUSB switch that has been tested working with SGZC12RC ?

It will work with any USB you want to switch ..

I do have in stock different MicroUSB extentions / adapters which works perfectly for SGZC12RC ( all tested / re-tested ). Recently one UK customer bought 3 different types for his Thinkware F750 to be used with rear cam and only one out of 3 worked on his rear cam.
This colcudes that not all pinouts are universal over all microusb range ( not compatible ) and its only test n try but at least now I know which of microusb adapters suit F750.

Please do tell on your micro USB switch. It's the season of giving!
I started to make one of those switches ( DIY ), but later realised there is no point, at least for me personally. I never know when something happens behind / in front to react at the right moment to flip the switch. Best ( for me personally ) to have both channels ( front and rear ) active all the time.

Niko, I park in underground garages all the time and sometimes I don't back in to the spot. It would be great to choose which camera to use in parking mode.

This is why the Mustang has 2 SGZC12RC (one front, one rear) Set it and forget it no switch needed. The switch in theory is interesting but the time/cost/unknown risk factor is something to consider. Even if you had two SGZC12RC it might be cool to switch the rear one from internal to external or something like that.

Niko, I park in underground garages all the time and sometimes I don't back in to the spot. It would be great to choose which camera to use in parking mode.
That make sense in your case.
I park quite often in shopping centre and back + front are "exposed", so for me personally back must be covered as well at the same time.

Good excuse to cover my car with dozens of external cameras to protect every view angle in triplicate.

Just like my radio antennas, I listen to CHP all the time:
AntennaCar.jpg

ham-radio-car.jpg

Cops don't dare pull me over with all my antenna-might, now they'll even look away for fear of my triplicate dashcam recording system. MUAHAHAHAHAHA :D

My next car is going to be even better: :cool:
If there's something strange in your neighborhood
Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!
If there's something weird and it don't look good
Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!
Ghost-Busters-II-Ecto-1.jpg

This is why the Mustang has 2 SGZC12RC (one front, one rear) Set it and forget it no switch needed. The switch in theory is interesting but the time/cost/unknown risk factor is something to consider. Even if you had two SGZC12RC it might be cool to switch the rear one from internal to external or something like that.
you're running one in front and back now? do you have a GC up front still too?

Hello team,

Ever since I first opened the housing of my windshield mirror and noticed that there is some free space in it - I could not give up the idea to put dash camera in it for a discreet install.

The original SGZC12RC lens had too wide board and it would not fit in.
When I saw this SGRCWPC lens - it was a perfect fit the project and thus it has started.

I have ordered a spare mirror housing plastic part for my car, so that I could keep original part and being able to go back to stock anytime.
I have also came up with a custom CPL filter from a pair of 3D glasses.

Below are few photos to show you the process and the result.
Still considering to get hold of pure black 3M dual side tape and redo the CPL as the grey square is the last imperfection part in this project.
So far I am very happy with the result anyway.

What do you think guys?

IMG_4986_1600.png IMG_4988_1600.png IMG_4989_1600.png IMG_4981_1600.png IMG_5011_1600.png IMG_5013_1600.png IMG_5019_1600.png

Hello team,

Ever since I first opened the housing of my windshield mirror and noticed that there is some free space in it - I could not give up the idea to put dash camera in it for a discreet install.

When I saw this SGRCWPC lens - it was a perfect fit the project and thus it has started.

I have ordered a spare mirror housing plastic part for my car, so that I could keep original part and being able to go back to stock anytime.

Still considering to get hold of pure black 3M dual side tape and redo the CPL as the grey square is the last imperfection part in this project.

What do you think guys?

View attachment 20338 View attachment 20339 View attachment 20340 View attachment 20341 View attachment 20342 View attachment 20343 View attachment 20344
Great job. Looks like factory dedicated dashcsm system.

Hello team,

What do you think guys?

View attachment 20338 View attachment 20339 View attachment 20340 View attachment 20341 View attachment 20342 View attachment 20343 View attachment 20344
thats sweet as, about the sort of thing i would do if i had to, like i did with the mobius for the rear cam i did a while back, remove lens and mount remotely for stealth.

Back