(SGRCWPC) SPECIAL Waterproof / External Camera for SGZC12RC - series

This requires a separate SGZC12RC main unit, yes (it replaces the camera that normal would stick to your front windshield)? Is the main unit available separately from the normal camera?

Seems like a good option for a convertible rear-cam, mount by the plate like a back-up cam and you don't have to worry about the top being up/down. Is the quality the same as the camera normally included with the SGZC12RC since it's the same sensor (with the lens kept clean)? I see someone is using it as a front cam, so I take it the quality is good enough to read plates and be more than just a back-up cam.

Does SG offer any options to use a small remote mounted camera like this or the normal SGZC12RC camera, without a main unit with a screen? Seems silly to have two units and two screens to have to hide/mount somewhere. I know there are 2-ch systems, but I would still prefer two 1-ch cameras (but just one main unit with a screen).

Looks promising!

cheers

This requires a separate SGZC12RC main unit, yes (it replaces the camera that normal would stick to your front windshield)? Is the main unit available separately from the normal camera?

Seems like a good option for a convertible rear-cam, mount by the plate like a back-up cam and you don't have to worry about the top being up/down. Is the quality the same as the camera normally included with the SGZC12RC since it's the same sensor (with the lens kept clean)? I see someone is using it as a front cam, so I take it the quality is good enough to read plates and be more than just a back-up cam.

Does SG offer any options to use a small remote mounted camera like this or the normal SGZC12RC camera, without a main unit with a screen? Seems silly to have two units and two screens to have to hide/mount somewhere. I know there are 2-ch systems, but I would still prefer two 1-ch cameras (but just one main unit with a screen).

Looks promising!

cheers

My current North America SGZC12RC stock all have the internal (non water proof) regular camera in the box. The SGRCWPC camera is an add on option to replace that camera. Video Quality is the same.

The Screen is where the CPU/Memory Card is, so no way to cram that all into the tiny remote camera alone. Each system is a single channel Full-HD solution as that's what the Zoran chipset supports. I have many customers that have 2 systems powered via one Vico Power-Plus hard wire kit.

Thanks for the info.

Will the external waterproof camera eventually be available with the main unit, rather than as an add-on (and having an extra camera sitting around)? Or main units without any camera?

cheers

Thanks for the info.

Will the external waterproof camera eventually be available with the main unit, rather than as an add-on (and having an extra camera sitting around)? Or main units without any camera?

cheers
For UK / EU / EEA customers I do have that set available ( limited stock ).
Edit: For other regions need to contact local distributors.

SGZC12RC + SGRCWPC (1) 32GB v2 sm.jpg

SGZC12RC + SGRCWPC sm.jpg

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

cheers

I'll see what I can do in the near future for North America stock. I actually won't have any SGRCWPC stock for a few weeks and the current remaining SGRCWPC stock is in Amazon.com FBA warehouse sold by Pier28.

Thanks for the info.

cheers

I'll see what I can do in the near future for North America stock. I actually won't have any SGRCWPC stock for a few weeks and the current remaining SGRCWPC stock is in Amazon.com FBA warehouse sold by Pier28.

Good news, I was able to buy out the remaining SGRCWPC stock from Pier28 today and have it available for sale on my direct site. (Amazon.com soon as well)
Search my direct site for SGZC12RCWPC but the database might not be refreshed yet so manually search the dashcam offerings. (I can export to Canada no problem)

n94RunE.png

BX6YWcL.png

Last edited:
Well that will teach me to do my research. Ever since buying my Panorama X1 (MG600 unbranded version from eBay) a year or so ago I was under the impression that it was dual channel. I bought one of these external cameras last week with the intention of fitting it to the back of my Land Rover for rear recording but I now after reading this thread and the main X1 prototype thread understand that it isn't the case. I'd like to thank Niko for the quick response though and the camera itself works perfectly, as does the long extension cable (for the main camera) I ordered with it.

I'm not worried about the camera not working as a rear unit as I always intended to fit an external camera to my off road Land Rover and this fits the bill perfectly, I will just transfer the recorder unit between the two when required.

As others have mentioned here I'm interesting in the possibility of switching USB cameras, I may get some USB sockets with tails and I already have a universal switch box with rotary selector so may give this a try.

Back