SGZC12RC External Microphone DIY mod

ive tried them extensions as well when I had a mobius, don't work very well.

That's interesting about the extensions. I wonder what cause the reliability issues. Electrical interference maybe?

Interference and timing issues.

the dual channel remote lens product we are working on will have a built in mic and the ability to plug in an external mic
Hey Jokiin, when do you estimate you will have something like that available? Will both cams be small remote cams, or will one be a large cam and the other a small remote cam?

@TaylorN as i undestand it the SG ppl are working hard to be able to relase this year, but it will proberly be towards the end of the year.

There will be 2 new dual systems, one will be much like the X2 and Lukas cameras with a "large" front camera / main unit and the little rear camera on a wire.

The other model will be both cameras on a wire and the mainunit will allso have a screen on it, and i do belive both will have a remote control too ( bluetooth or wifi i asume )

These cameras will feature a improved ( in regard to night performance ) Sony sensor in the front camera, and the rear camera will be based on the trusty Sony IMX322 thats in the current products.

And there will allso be new singla cameras :) i think its fair to say all the "ovens" at the SG factory is cooking full blast.

@jokiin can verify and confirm

thanks for sharing! I'd definitely be interested in more detail from @jokiin

There will be 2 new dual systems, one will be much like the X2 and Lukas cameras with a "large" front camera / main unit and the little rear camera on a wire.

The other model will be both cameras on a wire and the mainunit will allso have a screen on it, and i do belive both will have a remote control too ( bluetooth or wifi i asume )

don't want to release all the details yet but the first model will be front camera on window, not in the Lukas/X2 size though, will be just a bit bigger than the SG9665GC and the same sort of mounting style plus remote rear cam

the second model will be two remote cams, that will be later in the year though

WiFi and Bluetooth may feature in some upcoming products

don't want to release all the details yet but the first model will be front camera on window, not in the Lukas/X2 size though, will be just a bit bigger than the SG9665GC and the same sort of mounting style plus remote rear cam

the second model will be two remote cams, that will be later in the year though

WiFi and Bluetooth may feature in some upcoming products

Thanks! the first option of having a SG9665GC mount style with a remote camera would be awesome. Just need to be able to swap the lens on the remote camera for 6mm/8mm lens instead of wide angle :)

Thanks! the first option of having a SG9665GC mount style with a remote camera would be awesome. Just need to be able to swap the lens on the remote camera for 6mm/8mm lens instead of wide angle :)

lenses won't be too wide

Hehe TaylorN you are dialed in on those narrow lenses, and to be honest i am in no hurry to take the 8 mm lens of the X camera i have in my windscreen.
Do compliment the wider angled cameras thats there too.

Great job Mikk36,

Your revision has indeed a bigger heat sink - you chopped it really nice.
Thanks for posting pictures.

A note to those also thinking of this: You need a stereo socket for this, mono doesn't cut it.

As for the heatsink: nothing a little work with a dremel can't fix :)
But the main unit really does need good cooling, it gets quite warm during the summer inside the glove box.

Seems the noise is back :confused:

A bad ground? This is DC after all, isn't every ground is the same no matter where you measure it from?

Anyway, slightly more testing:
00:33 Key to ACC
00:46 Key to ON
00:56 Engine start
01:25 Engine stop
01:31 Key to OFF
01:36 Radio panel removal notification beeps

From the same wires as the radio.
Will have to check if I turn the key to ACC and then turn the radio back off.
This doesn't explain why the alternator noise is back though.

Back