SGZC12RC - How is parking mode engaged

246Z4

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

How does the SGZC12RC know when to enter parking mode? Does it use the G-sensor? Voltage on 12V supply?

Just want to make sure I can use the Cellink B6 to power the SGZC12RC and still have it switch between continuous (driving) and parking mode (motion/g detect)

(I understand some dash cams have a three-wire power supply - ground, power and acc power - that's not the case with SGZC12RC?)

Welcome yo forum.
There is no so called auto-parking mode.
Select from menu "Motion detection ON" and use it at all the time. You can use Cellink B6 to always power a sgzc12rc, it's about 6400 mAh. Or you can get any other external battery pack with higher capacity.

Hi,

How does the SGZC12RC know when to enter parking mode? Does it use the G-sensor? Voltage on 12V supply?

Just want to make sure I can use the Cellink B6 to power the SGZC12RC and still have it switch between continuous (driving) and parking mode (motion/g detect)

(I understand some dash cams have a three-wire power supply - ground, power and acc power - that's not the case with SGZC12RC?)
Welcome!
Im using the Cellink B6 with 2 x SGZC12RC and it works really well.
Im using a switch between the cameras and the Cellink B6. So every time getting into the car on the morning I turn ON the switch. The cameras then records all the time until I turn it off. I have in each SGZC12RC 128gb which gives me about 17 hours recording time. I also have G-sensor on High so in case something triggers g-sensor it saves the video.
Cellink fully charges in just 60min and provides you with 2 x SGZC12RC about 25h battery life. With only one would give you about 48h.

Cellink fully charges in just 60min and provides you with 2 x SGZC12RC about 25h battery life. With only one would give you about 48h.

Are you using 1 Cellink B or Celllink B + battery expansion pack?

Are you getting a lot of false positives for G-sensor = high?

Are you using 1 Cellink B or Celllink B + battery expansion pack?

Are you getting a lot of false positives for G-sensor = high?

I have for now only Cellink B6 without the battery expansion pack. Today I received actually a false positive for G-sensor when my DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) was activated. The road was very bumpy and icy so it's not at all surprising. G-senorn in high is best when you have your car parked otherwise have it on normal.

I have for now only Cellink B6 without the battery expansion pack.

You said it charges in 60 mins, I assume you have it hardwired and the B6 toggle switch set to 7A? (As the manufacturer claims 60 min charge @ 7A and 80 mins @ 5A).

If the Cellink battery goes completely flat and you start the car, does it instantly provide power to the dashcams?

I assume if you get the battery expansion pack, the charge time will double to 2 hours?

Perhaps it's better to get 2 x B6, instead of 1 x B6 + expansion pack if you want longer times and less charging time (60 mins still to charge 2 x B6 instead of 2 hours). I don't travel 2 hours a day, so it wouldn't have enough time to fully charge.

Cellink B seems expensive for what it is. Am I missing something?

You said it charges in 60 mins, I assume you have it hardwired and the B6 toggle switch set to 7A? (As the manufacturer claims 60 min charge @ 7A and 80 mins @ 5A).

If the Cellink battery goes completely flat and you start the car, does it instantly provide power to the dashcams?

I assume if you get the battery expansion pack, the charge time will double to 2 hours?

Perhaps it's better to get 2 x B6, instead of 1 x B6 + expansion pack if you want longer times and less charging time (60 mins still to charge 2 x B6 instead of 2 hours). I don't travel 2 hours a day, so it wouldn't have enough time to fully charge.

You get twice as many hours. If you have two cameras and they provide 20 hours batteri life the extension will double it to 40 hours. My Cellink is hardwired with the switch on A7. If you have it on a cigarette lighter it will take 1,2h or more to fully charge.
After the battery runs out and you start the car the cameras starts to work almost immediately, so that is no problem at all.
It's lot of money for a battery but I think it is worth the money. You can purchase a power bank but you do not get the flexibility you get with cellink b6. And I do not think you can connect two Cellink B6 with each other.

I can say that I'm very happy with the Cellink B6 and my SGZC12RC-V2. It's -20 here and everything works without any problems. Im planning to buy the expansion, then I will put my Mini 080X as side cameras, will need extra battery for them.
I have already caught one who opened his car door straight into my car and I did get dent :(.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the welcome!
Im using the Cellink B6 with 2 x SGZC12RC and it works really well.
Im using a switch between the cameras and the Cellink B6. So every time getting into the car on the morning I turn ON the switch. The cameras then records all the time until I turn it off. I have in each SGZC12RC 128gb which gives me about 17 hours recording time. I also have G-sensor on High so in case something triggers g-sensor it saves the video.

Can you elaborate on what exactly this switch does / how you hooked it up? Presumably it doesn't disconnect the cameras (otherwise why would you have the Cellink B6) - does it change the recording mode somehow?

Agreed, but I haven't been able to find a more reasonably priced alternative. Almost all battery banks I have seen that would otherwise be suitable have very slow charging times. Being able to charge at 12V/7A and get a full charge in 1 hour is important to me as I don't drive long distances. I would be happy to find a cheaper alternative that charges this quickly (and is set-and-forget, no having to turn the unit on, etc.)

I'm hoping Street Guardian will come out with the "perfect" camera system soon...
  • Capacitor, high/low temperature tolerance
  • Dual remote, discrete cameras (all black, no branding, not having the cable stick out the side, etc)
  • Wifi AP - For clients to connect and review/download video, etc
  • Wifi Client - When in range, connect and dump videos to \\server\share
  • Discreet remote button unit for driver (enabling wifi AP, "save this video", disable recording, etc.)
  • Remote microphone with ADC next to the mic (to avoid audio issues, see Koonlung K1S)
  • GPS - speed logging on video (optional)
  • Hardwire kit (detect accessory off, enter parking mode)
This would win the premium dashcam market hands down. Am I dreaming?

Can you elaborate on what exactly this switch does / how you hooked it up? Presumably it doesn't disconnect the cameras (otherwise why would you have the Cellink B6) - does it change the recording mode somehow?

The switch is connected to Cellink and the cameras are connected to the switch. The reason I use a switch is because I do not want the cameras to be on 24/7. The idea behind the switch is that I can turn off the cameras when I get home. It is because I have video surveillance at home. It does not change the recording mode automatically, but if you want to change it to something else you must do it manualy.

Agreed, but I haven't been able to find a more reasonably priced alternative. Almost all battery banks I have seen that would otherwise be suitable have very slow charging times. Being able to charge at 12V/7A and get a full charge in 1 hour is important to me as I don't drive long distances. I would be happy to find a cheaper alternative that charges this quickly (and is set-and-forget, no having to turn the unit on, etc.)

I'm hoping Street Guardian will come out with the "perfect" camera system soon...
  • Capacitor, high/low temperature tolerance
  • Dual remote, discrete cameras (all black, no branding, not having the cable stick out the side, etc)
  • Wifi AP - For clients to connect and review/download video, etc
  • Wifi Client - When in range, connect and dump videos to \\server\share
  • Discreet remote button unit for driver (enabling wifi AP, "save this video", disable recording, etc.)
  • Remote microphone with ADC next to the mic (to avoid audio issues, see Koonlung K1S)
  • GPS - speed logging on video (optional)
  • Hardwire kit (detect accessory off, enter parking mode)
This would win the premium dashcam market hands down. Am I dreaming?
A dual cam with Street Guardian quality, support and service would be outstanding, and I am looking forward to trying one of them.

You get twice as many hours. If you have two cameras and they provide 20 hours batteri life the extension will double it to 40 hours. My Cellink is hardwired with the switch on A7. If you have it on a cigarette lighter it will take 1,2h or more to fully charge.

If you add the battery expansion pack it will then take twice the time to fully charge right? Because it attaches to the main unit and there would be only 1 x 7A feed for both units to charge from. I'm thinking to support four cameras I could have 4 x Cellink B6, or at least 2 of them and not use the expansion packs at all. I would just need to steal 2 x 7A from the car, or 4 x 7A. Can I steal 28A of power without issue?

I was looking into auxiliary batteries for the boot but I'm not overly happy about the size, weight, depth of discharge (DOD) @ around 50% and having to get wiring from the front engine bay to the rear and installing a dual battery isolator. Perhaps it can be done, but I was hoping for a less intrusive solution.

That's pretty close to what we're working on at the moment
and when its released i reckon a couple people i know will get one of these as thats exactly what they are waiting for.

Back