SGZC12RC - How is parking mode engaged

That's pretty close to what we're working on at the moment
Hi @jokiin : do you have an estimated release date for this dual remote discrete dash cam? Thank you.

If you add the battery expansion pack it will then take twice the time to fully charge right? Because it attaches to the main unit and there would be only 1 x 7A feed for both units to charge from. I'm thinking to support four cameras I could have 4 x Cellink B6, or at least 2 of them and not use the expansion packs at all. I would just need to steal 2 x 7A from the car, or 4 x 7A. Can I steal 28A of power without issue?

Car battery is charging Cellink B6 and Cellink B6 charging expansion pack. When charging, the Cellink B6 is brought to a full charge before the expansion unit begins to charge. When discharging, the Cellink B6 discharges until near empty and then the expansion begins to discharge. It will take Cellink B + expansion pack approximately ~ 2h 30mins to charge.
I think you will be able to connect everything to 28A without any problems.

Today when I got to the car, Cellink was discharged. It's very strange because the battery usually is fully charged on the commute to work. I did nothing different from yesterday and the week before, so it is very strange that the battery was discharged. I have to check what went wrong.

Last edited:
Car battery is charging Cellink B6 and Cellink B6 charging expansion pack. When charging, the Cellink B6 is brought to a full charge before the expansion unit begins to charge. When discharging, the Cellink B6 discharges until near empty and then the expansion begins to discharge. It will take Cellink B + expansion pack approximately ~ 2h 30mins to charge.
ok thank you. Then for your mini side cams, why are you going to get the expansion packs? It would be better to get 2 more B6 normal Cellinks right? You wouldn't have to wait 2.5 hours to charge. From what you mentioned earlier, you don't travel 2.5 hours every day so they would never fully charge anyway. At least with 4 x standard Cellink B6, you have a better chance of charging to full.

Today when I got to the car, Cellink was discharged. It's very strange

Did you find out what the issue was?

ok thank you. Then for your mini side cams, why are you going to get the expansion packs? It would be better to get 2 more B6 normal Cellinks right? You wouldn't have to wait 2.5 hours to charge. From what you mentioned earlier, you don't travel 2.5 hours every day so they would never fully charge anyway. At least with 4 x standard Cellink B6, you have a better chance of charging to full.
You have a good point there that I need to think more about how I will do. The question is whether it will stress to the car battery if I start charging two Cellink b6 simultaneously?

Did you find out what the issue was?
Yes i did. The cord was loose :/
I've found another problem. When I read the manual it says every time Cellink B6 should start charging, it shall give a beep, which it does not.This is very strange and I do not know what to do. Have tried to reset cellink but it did not help. Would have been great if I could hear the beep every time it starts charging, so I know it works.
photo_2016_01_21_17_13_13.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping Street Guardian will come out with the "perfect" camera system soon...
  • Capacitor, high/low temperature tolerance
  • Dual remote, discrete cameras (all black, no branding, not having the cable stick out the side, etc)
  • Wifi AP - For clients to connect and review/download video, etc
  • Wifi Client - When in range, connect and dump videos to \\server\share
  • Discreet remote button unit for driver (enabling wifi AP, "save this video", disable recording, etc.)
  • Remote microphone with ADC next to the mic (to avoid audio issues, see Koonlung K1S)
  • GPS - speed logging on video (optional)
  • Hardwire kit (detect accessory off, enter parking mode)
This would win the premium dashcam market hands down. Am I dreaming?[/QUOTE]

Hello
Allow me please to overtly display my lack of knowledge.
Can you tell me (or point me to an answer) exactly what a "Hardwire kit (detect accessory off, enter parking mode)" is and how it functions?
When using one is there any danger of discharging the car's battery to a point where the engine will not crank over?
Thanks
Edward

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/link-forums/battery-discharge-prevention.47/

Thanks Pier28
I thought (hoped) that perhaps there were some new developments regarding powering DVRs when in parking guard or motion detect mode when the car was turned off.
It seems that you are telling me that "Hardwire kit (detect accessory off, enter parking mode)" is another term for the same old same old
Call me foolish if you will, but there is no way I am entrusting my car battery to one of these devices

Last edited:
Thanks Pier28
I thought (hoped) that perhaps there were some new developments regarding powering DVRs when in parking guard or motion detect mode when the car was turned off.
It seems that you are telling me that "Hardwire kit (detect accessory off, enter parking mode)" is another term for the same old same old
Call me foolish if you will, but there is no way I am entrusting my car battery to one of these devices

I doubt you'll see any of our products with a built in battery for use with parking mode operation outside of the car battery. There are some 3rd party options if you want to add your own battery option for use with parking mode. http://shop.lukasdirect.com/lukas-store/accessories/battery-packs

Thanks Pier28
Understood regarding expecting large (and potentially dangerous batteries) in tiny products.
For me the way to go regarding motion detect and parking guard would be an external battery that is itself charged when the car is running
It seems to me that would work for Motion Detect mode if the camera is operated in Motion Detect 24/7, or switched manually to it when shutting off the car
It is unclear to me whether this would work for Parking Guard as I am unsure how the change/switch from Record Mode to Parking Guard would be accomplished

Thanks Pier28
Understood regarding expecting large (and potentially dangerous batteries) in tiny products.
For me the way to go regarding motion detect and parking guard would be an external battery that is itself charged when the car is running
It seems to me that would work for Motion Detect mode if the camera is operated in Motion Detect 24/7, or switched manually to it when shutting off the car
It is unclear to me whether this would work for Parking Guard as I am unsure how the change/switch from Record Mode to Parking Guard would be accomplished
How long you usually drive between car parkings ?

Hello Niko
Thanks for asking
30 minute commute to work
parked for 8 hours
30 minute c0mmute home
parked overnight

Hello Niko
Thanks for asking
parked for 8 hours
30 minute c0mmute home
parked overnight

With "parked overnight" do you mean that you want it to record then also?

With "parked overnight" do you mean that you want it to record then also?

Yes, in either buffered motion detect mode or parking guard mode.
In other words not in full record mode capturing every moment while parked.

Hello Niko
Thanks for asking
parked for 8 hours
30 minute c0mmute home
parked overnight
0.5 hour charging and 8h use, then 0.5h charging 15h use. Not sure if there any solution out there for such short driving to provide charged battery to last 15h in a row in parking mode if we talk about 12 Volt dashcam solutions which have pre-buffer motion detection recording.

Maybe Cellink-series external battery may help you. They are very expencive, but made specifically for dashcams.

Yes, in either buffered motion detect mode or parking guard mode.
In other words not in full record mode capturing every moment while parked.

Even cellink may not meet your needs. What you can do is to buy X number of power bank (20.000mah etc) and replace when one is discharged. Then you need to check how well the batteries behave in the climate you live in.

0.5 hour charging and 8h use, then 0.5h charging 15h use. Not sure if there any solution out there for such short driving to provide charged battery to last 15h in a row in parking mode if we talk about 12 Volt dashcam solutions which have pre-buffer motion detection recording.

Understood.
That is a lot to expect
Which mode consumes more power; Parking Guard or Buffered Motion Detect?
Using the SGZ12RC as an example can you provide actual power use specification please?

Back