SGZC12RC - How is parking mode engaged

Power consumption should be similar ( +/- very little difference ) as on SGZC12SS

Below are figures from SGZC12SS predecessor Panorama S provided by @Lielap in THIS thread

Power consumption values fluctuate +-3mA.
These are the mean readings:
recording 1920x1080 30FPS with LCD off: 150 mA
recording 1920x1080 30FPS with LCD on: 170 mA
recording 1280x720 30FPS with LCD off: 110 mA
recording 1280x720 30FPS with LCD on: 132 mA
recording 1280x720 60FPS with LCD off: 140 mA
recording 1280x720 60FPS with LCD on: 162 mA
not recording with LCD on: 88 mA

According to my Charger Doctor, consumption when recording 1080p/30 in motion detect mode, powered by a USB battery bank, is 0.5A screen on & 0.4A screen off.

I have my Mini 0806 and Mini 0803 and 2x SGZC12RC-V2 connected to Cellink B6 and getting about ~10h of recording time.

needs a solar panel on the dash to charge the battery when at work.

needs a solar panel on the dash to charge the battery when at work.

Woah!!!
Wozzzzza what great idea

I will look some up on Amazon tonight

Here's a question for each of you that have provided great input so far*
Is my mistrust of Battery Discharge Prevention Devices misplaced?
Do they really work, and not ever fail leaving one with a dead battery?

*Others welcome to provide an opinion too, of course

nothing is perfect, a lot of things eventually fail but the devices I have some of them things that help prevent battery discharging that have never failed. I even have one now that SMS's me when my battery falls below a certain level.
many things discharge batteries, only the things connected to the discharge device will stop drawing power when it reaches the set level.

nothing is perfect, a lot of things eventually fail but the devices I have some of them things that help prevent battery discharging that have never failed. I even have one now that SMS's me when my battery falls below a certain level.
many things discharge batteries, only the things connected to the discharge device will stop drawing power when it reaches the set level.

Thanks W
It appears as if you are dedicated to the use of these devices, and very satisfied with their performance.

Anyone else reading this have an opinion of Battery Discharge Prevention Devices please?

Woah!!!
Wozzzzza what great idea

I will look some up on Amazon tonight

Here's a question for each of you that have provided great input so far*

I had experienced few "BDP-fails" when it was built into some dashcam systems and firmware had bug. Other than that using external Moto Park BDP ( now its called MultiSafer ) for about 3y and no fail so far.

from what I know he has been using them for several years already
around 5 years to be precise. and it actually notified me of a stuffed battery a couple of years ago, I was wondering why my cam only stayed on half hour at the most when I had it set to 2 hours, further investigation it was an old worn out battery. so they do work.

Thanks, to each of you
Niko, Joklin, Russ331, Pier28, wumpy99r, wozzzzza, & Mikk36,

Your input has been invaluable and has brought me to the following conclusion.
When I do upgrade to a DVR (or DVRs) that have motion detect (hopefully buffered) and possibly parking guard, auxiliary batteries are the way to go
Most certainly considering my driving habits.
You have made it clear that there will not be sufficient charging time to rely on a single aux battery and I have concluded that a Battery Discharge Prevention Device would do nothing but pass the problem onto my car battery.
Just the problem I am trying to avoid
I must admit a real preference for Russ331's method of powering his SGZ12RC camera(s) with 12v from the ignition when driving and 5V when the car is not in use.
(I will review Niko's' videos)
The 5v power source is something I had begun experimenting with (Limefuel 20000 mAH) but did not get very far because the camera I chose had fictional parking guard and a motion detect function that could not detect moving objects. (Despite the published"specs" 0806)
Thus when I do upgrade, the Street Guardian products will be high on my list due to their quality, complete testing, & tangible customer support.
That puts Russ331's method and the SGZ12RC out in front of the pack.
If the new XS version (coming soon, [next week?]) has the same 5v capability( or very low 12v power consumption when idling along in buffered motion detect) it too will certainly be a consideration.

Of course as always, decisions are firm until new information rears its head, or one simply changes one's mind.
Considering that, please do not let this text be a thread stopper.
Should there be more to be said, please chime in.

Best to all
Edward

PS
Posted this earlier in the wrong thread
Will go back and attempt to delete

Yes i did. The cord was loose :/

If you're going to fix that XT60 connector...fyi there are now XT60-L locking connectors available, so might be better than the standard XT60 ones on the Cellink B6. I don't know why they don't use XT60-L, would be more secure.

If you're going to fix that XT60 connector...fyi there are now XT60-L locking connectors available, so might be better than the standard XT60 ones on the Cellink B6. I don't know why they don't use XT60-L, would be more secure.

Thanks.
Those contacts should have fitted from beginning.
The current is very tight really there is no risk of them coming off, but to have extra security is never bad :p

I fitted my 2x RC12 yesterday to replace the Panorama X2 I previously had hardwired. I am using the multisafer BDP (I think that's what it's called) . Parking mode is different to what I'm used to in the X2, so can you confirm that I've got the right setup? I've got the motion detection turned on and whether I turn the car on or off there is no difference... It is still recording in motion detect mode. Is that correct setup?
Also, what is the recommended voltage for the BDP? I've currently got it set to 6 hours or 12v cutoff

I've got the motion detection turned on and whether I turn the car on or off there is no difference... It is still recording in motion detect mode. Is that correct setup?

It is one of the features that the BDP offers. If you want it to turn off SGZC12RC same time as you turn off the car, you must click the button on the BDP once more. It will then go in to ACC mode.
(BDP has no impact on SGZC12RC recording modes)

It is one of the features that the BDP offers. If you want it to turn off SGZC12RC same time as you turn off the car, you must click the button on the BDP once more. It will then go in to ACC mode.
(BDP has no impact on SGZC12RC recording modes)
Yes, I do want it to be recording while my car is off. I've seen people say to turn motion detection off, so I'm guessing that this doesn't record unnecessary unless there's motion while parked

In our climate 12v cut-off is fine, at least its works for my 2.0l diesel Passat.

I have both of my SGZC12RC on motion detection and it works great.
I would go for 12v cut-off.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
My current switch layout on the Multi Safer BDP device is as follows to get 12v and 6 hours recording time.
38015a23ed7e680556694d8d0dd5fe0e.jpg

However, after turning off the ignition and observing the cameras, they only stay on for about 1 minute after switch off. Also, I noticed the rear one decided to reboot itself after switching off the ignition

I have both of my SGZC12RC on motion detection and it works great.
I would go for 12v cut-off.

Untitled.png
Seems a bit weird, when most tables show a battery being empty at 12.0 volts, in addition to that, I failed to crank at 12.0 today (literally failed to turn the engine). Yay me. Hardwire cutoff is set at 12.2 by the way.

Back