SGZC12RC power connector size and 5v to 12v converter

Hello

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Can someone help to confirm the size/model of the cylindrical power connector plugged into SGZC12RC? Would this one work?

bayite USB DC 5V to DC 12V Step-up Module Power Converter with 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male DC Power Jack Connector

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Z9...tep+up+usb&dpPl=1&dpID=413EmobIC9L&ref=plSrch

My idea is to use a cigarette lighter USB adaptor for power supply instead of a cigarette lighter splitter.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure I understand your thinking, you want to use your cars 12v supply reduce it to 5v via USB then convert 5v back to 12v?

The connector is called a 35135 (3.5mm od, 1.35mm id) you need to use 12v though, stepping voltage down and then back up is asking for trouble

Not sure I understand your thinking, you want to use your cars 12v supply reduce it to 5v via USB then convert 5v back to 12v?

The connector is called a 35135 (3.5mm od, 1.35mm id) you need to use 12v though, stepping voltage down and then back up is asking for trouble
Hi jokiin,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, you are right. My point is that there is only one cigarette lighter socket in the car and I don't want to have the bulky cigarette lighter splitter and cigarette lighter connectors. It's much more convenient to use a cigarette lighter USB adapter with multiple ports. Also, at this moment I am not planning to hardwire the cam. In this case, to find a 5v to 12v step up adapter with USB is the only solution.
Thanks

I don't think it's actually a solution, more likely to be a problem
Can please let know what kind of problems might happen with this 'solution'? Do you have other suggestion on saving the only cigarette lighter socket other than using a splitter?
Thanks and kind regards,

will the 5V adaptor be able to supply enough current to step it up to 12V with enough current to reliably power the camera and not blow something in on of the adaptors up? lots of heat there.

Hi jokiin,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, you are right. My point is that there is only one cigarette lighter socket in the car and I don't want to have the bulky cigarette lighter splitter and cigarette lighter connectors. It's much more convenient to use a cigarette lighter USB adapter with multiple ports. Also, at this moment I am not planning to hardwire the cam. In this case, to find a 5v to 12v step up adapter with USB is the only solution.
Thanks
Why not just hardwite to fuse box via BDP ( battery discharge prevention ) device ? Easy, clean, reliable, and you can use unit for motion detection rec. while parked.

Why not just hardwite to fuse box via BDP ( battery discharge prevention ) device ? Easy, clean, reliable, and you can use unit for motion detection rec. while parked.
and not risk a fire destroying your car and cam.

Can please let know what kind of problems might happen with this 'solution'? Do you have other suggestion on saving the only cigarette lighter socket other than using a splitter?
Thanks and kind regards,

if you need USB for your phone you'd do better to use something like this that can pass the 12v through for the included power lead and still give you USB output

usb cig.jpg

Hi all, thanks alot for all advices. I think for now I'll just get a cigarette lighter extension adapter with USB port as shown by jokiin. Maybe hardwire in the future

Back