SGZC12RC Shutoff

Fishish

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,

First post, been following for a while (thanks for helping me with the order, Pier28)

I am having a shutoff issue:
Connected to constant power (not using multi safe cutoff) outlet I noticed about a 24 hour gap in recording times last week. Stopped recording at the start of a 3 hour drive so power wasn't an issue. It had been recording park/motion up until about 5 min after actually driving off.

Reformatted the card and unplugged the unit for a day.

Happened two more times since yesterday. Mid drive the unit shuts off/stops recording (noticing the time stamps and then checking video) until I power cycle it. I say 'shutoff' because when I tap the screen it does the full load screen and then starts recording rather than just immediately showing the feed image.

Bay Area, CA so temperature isn't extreme.

Any ideas?

Primary is a 64gb ADATA SDHC/SDXC
Also tried a 16gb HC

Formatted twice through unit and once (yesterday before 2nd notices) on my pc

cards need to be formatted in camera not PC, not familiar with ADATA cards to know if they are any issue, what brand is the other card?

is there a pattern to when it is cutting off, eg only at the start of a trip etc?

what sort of vehicle is it in?

Ok I'll stick to unit formatting.
Ah I can't tell, no branding on it (think it was from my Android device).

Haven't noticed any pattern, times were all over (~11am, ~4pm, ~7pm) where I'd see a gap. Yesterdays was from 4pm (mid drive) until 11am today (I tapped the screen and then it booted).

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I agree sounds like a potential bad card. Be sure to run the test only after you've formated the card in the camera first so it's completely empty first.

Test is still running.

I'll see if I can get a hold of another card to try. Does the unit go into a 'standby' mode after some time where tapping the screen goes through the boot logo/screen before showing the live feed? I noticed that the recording didn't start again until that cycle passed.

Or should it always go straight to the live feed when tapping the screen?

Yep using the supplied cables. Connected to constant powered cig socket

Test is still running.

I'll see if I can get a hold of another card to try.

I've experienced bad cards that pass the test, but replacing them stabilized the system still. I also don't know anyone that's ever used ADATA cards before.
Transcend, Lexar, PNY is best

Only asked about the power as we had someone comment a few days ago about the spring being quite strong and pushing the plug out of the socket, that may be vehicle dependant though

Card is the more likely suspect

I'll give another card a try for a week and see if I notice anything.

Thanks

Took a bit longer to get the new card (Lexar 633x 64gb). But after about 10 days so far I haven't noticed it being non-responsive/shutting off.

Though the first card was fine for a good month (and I've used that brand for quite a while, but I really don't know much about brands/true specs). I'll keep checking it and the files and give another update in a few weeks.

Thanks guys for the quick responses

Alright update time: Happened again, checked it today and it was off. Last recording that was saved (before pushing the button to turn back) on was 3/10

Using the card in the post right above (same one sold on the pier28 site).
Card was formatted through the device before use.

Any other ideas?

It's on constant power. I'll unplug it for the night every few days to give it a break

Back