SGZC12RC Temp tolerance.

Treybadd

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I just purchased the street guardian from pier 28 on Amazon. I have been using a G1WC lately and decided to step it up. I may keep the G1WC for a rear camera. My concern is whether or not my new camera will hold up in the Texas heat? I crack my windows while parked at work and may get a kulcar solar ventilator. It seems even the G1W has issues in the heat. I have been reading a lot of the gurus posts here and now realize it may just be the memory card. It's a toshiba 32gb class 4. It randomly stops recording. It is recording continuos as I feel it's the only way to not miss important events since the motion detection is a joke with that camera. So is the street guardian up to the task? Thanks for ahead of time for the replies.

So should I just be done with that cheap ass G1W? This is the 3rd one. First one died ( battery )and spytec would not take it back without all of the wiring which I bought separately. Bought a second one ( G1WC) had horrible quality video and they did send me another. They have offered to refund my money so when my new cam arrives I may just wash my hands of cheap China cams.

G1W build quality is very hit and miss these days, there are so many different versions of this product, if you get a good one they're a good value proposition

Is there a custom mount option for the street guardian front remote camera? I really want full adjustability right and left as well as up and down. With the curvature of the windshield, I have to put it in the center or the cameras view will not be centered on the road ahead. I guess I'm just too OCD to have it any other way.

Is there a custom mount option for the street guardian front remote camera? I really want full adjustability right and left as well as up and down. With the curvature of the windshield, I have to put it in the center of the cameras view will not be centered on the road ahead. I guess I'm just too OCD to have it any other way.

we have had some people use the external waterproof camera as an internal camera for this reason

we have had some people use the external waterproof camera as an internal camera for this reason
Interesting... I will use it as is for now. Figuring out where to put the main unit will be the challenge. My GTO is limited on spots to hide this sort of thing. I already have an Aeroforce scan gauge mounted under the radio.

So my original question about the temperature tolerance of the SGZC12RC?

No camera on the market can withstand summer temperatures reliably for long. The other day I did some measurements and my dash and windshield were 170F (about 76C)
This is around Pittsburgh so I would imagine temperatures will be much higher south...
The only solution is to dismount your camera prior to long exposures.

Lacibaci How do you know this? Lukas cameras have been known to have high heat tolerance. They claim 176 degrees.

No camera on the market can withstand summer temperatures reliably for long. The other day I did some measurements and my dash and windshield were 170F (about 76C)

you can leave it up there but I certainly wouldn't run it at these sorts of temps

the image sensor is rated to 60°c stable, 70°c operating
Thank you. Like I said, I crack my windows at work and may buy a kulcar. I'm wondering if I should have just bought a Lukas.

Lacibaci How do you know this? Lukas cameras have been known to have high heat tolerance. They claim 176 degrees.
Look at the camera specs. Most of them only work up to 60C.

So my original question about the temperature tolerance of the SGZC12RC?

my RC has been very reliable in high heat. from experience, it'll survive more than a week's worth of driving through Death Valley and Arizona. and i also have it on motion detect recording while parked in unshaded parking lots.

Good to know. It gets here tomorrow. I'm stoked.

Back