SGZC12RC Unboxing

pier28 website says "Supports up to 128Gb MicroSD memory card"
Is that the actual limit, or is that the max size that was available at the time of original sale. Could the 200GB sandisk that just came out work as well? Would future increased sizes work?

pier28 website says "Supports up to 128Gb MicroSD memory card"
Is that the actual limit, or is that the max size that was available at the time of original sale. Could the 200GB sandisk that just came out work as well? Would future increased sizes work?

That was just the largest size available at the time. I'm not aware of any technical limitation why the new 200gb card wouldn't work.

That was just the largest size available at the time. I'm not aware of any technical limitation why the new 200gb card wouldn't work.
Was wondering, as the SG9665GC page says max size is 64gb

The Panorama S G and X1 uses a Zoran CPU. The developers were able to add native exFAT support. the S and G uses a full size SD and works with 256GB cards no problem.

The SG9665GC uses a Novatek CPU (different SDK) which doesn't have exFAT support at this time. They are working to add support but it will take some serious coding effort so no ETA. .

I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance that the SGZC12RC main unit works with other cameras? I am blown away by how much I love the SG9665GC for my car that I REALLY want a Street Guardian product for my motorcycle, but there just isn't one in a proper form factor out there. The remote camera style like the SGZC12RC works the best (the main unit is a bit big but you could probably find room for it under the seat), but the form factor of the included camera is a bit off. If there was a way to get it working with something like the SG89FP or SG89FM I think you could have a winner on your hands.

EDIT: Just did a bit more research and found out there doesn't seem to be a way to make anything else work... I seriously think that if you had a "bullet" form factor for the camera this would become an amazing option for motorcycles. There really isn't a reliable camera with a good form factor out there.

Last edited:
not really answering your question but we do have plans to do proper motorcycle versions once we get a chance, some other projects in the way right now but it is something I want to do (don't have a bike right now but have been riding them for almost 40 years, appreciate the need) as soon as I get a chance

Really, REALLY happy to hear that. There are hundreds of helmet cams, but a reliable camera that can be hardwired in is really something that no one has done "right," so I look forward to seeing what you come up with! For me, a dream product would be a form factor similar to the Innov C3 but with Street Guardian software running on it to make it worry free.

Yeah, if they could get the lens to the end of the "drum" that would be perfect, as it stand now i prefer the C3 camera housing over this one.
And the X1 / SGZC12RC main unit whould allso be able to scale down to somthing even smaller, as it is now its a dual-purpose housing.
If Street Guardian would make those changes for V2.0 it should be quite usefull for MC use too.
I assume a desperate DYI person could do avay with the current main unit housing, and put the inside of it into a smaller housing of some sort.

I am blown away by how much I love the SG9665GC for my car that I REALLY want a Street Guardian product for my motorcycle, but there just isn't one in a proper form factor out there.
I am wondering where are you planning to mount the big main unit securely on your motorcycle? Not to mention it needs to be at least water resistant to rain. It will be interesting to see what jokiin can come up with.

I am wondering where are you planning to mount the big main unit securely on your motorcycle? Not to mention it needs to be at least water resistant to rain. It will be interesting to see what jokiin can come up with.

most larger bikes have under seat storage of some sort

I'm not sure, but from the photos it looks like it should be able to fit under my seat. It's definitely not an ideal solution but there isn't quite an ideal solution out there yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with in the future though!

Due to the location of most batteries near the tail of the bike, the easiest way to go about it for me would be to use an automotive relay so that the camera would get power straight from the battery, and tap into the brake light as the turn-on lead.

My apologies for derailing this thread so much!

Back