SGZC12RC V2 Dash Cam + Power Magic Pro install in a 2015 XT Premium ans Suggestions

teeedubb

Reaction score
Country
Australia
imgur.com/a/bzORj

Install was relatively simple, hardest part was routing cables from fuse box to glove box. For the camera cable I routed it under the eyesight camera, under the trim along the top, then behind the A pillar cover (I removed it and cable tied the cable to an existing cable) then down through the base of the A pillar to behind the glove box) - looks good, really discrete. I tapped into the 12v ACC fuse for ACC power and the Seat Heater fuse for the Always On power.

No issues with eyesight so far.

I know there are a few vendors on here, so here is some feedback on the unit:
The plugs on the control unit stick out the side which detracts from the sleekness of the unit. I wish they could be plugged into the bottom of the unit with channels to allow you to route the cables in different directions. A base module that could sit on the bottom and plug into the side, with the original cables plugging into the bottom would be a great addition to this unit.
Also a 90' plug would have been nice for the camera connection.

Also, an optional mic jack that when a mic is plugged in, auto switches to the extension mic. And better intergration with RV playback. As of now, can't change viewing speed and each video segment is noticably seperated by a few seconds of black even though it shows as one file in RV.

And better intergration with RV playback. As of now, can't change viewing speed and each video segment is noticably seperated by a few seconds of black even though it shows as one file in RV.

nothing we can do about Registrator Viewer unfortunately

It would be nice to have an indication that it is recording when the screen is off. I find myself touching the screen to make sure because of how sketchy my G1W was.

blue light flashes doesn't it?

I thought that was just a power indicator. I guess it could be the recording indicator. Don't I feel dumb.

Also a 90' plug would have been nice for the camera connection.

25cm%20Left%20angle%20(4)-700x700_0.JPG

25cm%20Left%20angle%20(5)-700x700_0.JPG

I have mine on motion detection and the blue light flashes when recording and solid on when powered up but not recording.

Sorry about the late reply, I didnt get notifications of the replies.
@niko yup that is what Im talking about. Is there something similar for the power? Those angle connections probably wouldnt be to hard to retrofit to a installed system.

On a side note, my cam caught a crash the first night of being installed!
https://mega.nz/#!ZhNTAKxY!UAuX4pXR27dhDvdyZp7nBc7eeIRj3WQFzEVrOgMUoJI
(sorry its been converted, so it isnt full quality)

Sorry about the late reply, I didnt get notifications of the replies.
@niko yup that is what Im talking about. Is there something similar for the power? Those angle connections probably wouldnt be to hard to retrofit to a installed system.

On a side note, my cam caught a crash the first night of being installed!
https://mega.nz/#!ZhNTAKxY!UAuX4pXR27dhDvdyZp7nBc7eeIRj3WQFzEVrOgMUoJI
(sorry its been converted, so it isnt full quality)
Yes, I do have them in stock.

Back