SGZC12RC-V2 Videos: Day / Night / Car Park etc. + Download links

Looks good. Now if we could have the obligatory comparison with SG9665GC at night :)

The test videos from @niko are 18.1Mbps streams. I thought it did 15Mbps? Is there a nerd knob for video quality?

Sorry mate, could you clarify? What is the change? You've switched to 18Mbps or there is an option to select the bitrate?

Cool thanks. Good to have choice. I guess I should ask then. I read on the forum somewhere 15Mbps was arguably the best trade off for quality vs file size. Does upping it to 18Mbps with this camera make a *noticeable* difference? I downloaded and watched the raw 18Mbps streams, they looked good to me, though I'm not a dashcam expert.

Some, in my opinion it's better to get a larger memory card and use maximum bitrate setting than lower it. 18 is about the maximum I'd go based on testing over the years.

Cool thanks. Good to have choice. I guess I should ask then. I read on the forum somewhere 15Mbps was arguably the best trade off for quality vs file size. Does upping it to 18Mbps with this camera make a *noticeable* difference? I downloaded and watched the raw 18Mbps streams, they looked good to me, though I'm not a dashcam expert.

the choice is there, higher bitrate and more detail, lower bitrate and longer recording time

How does this new lens compare with the X2?

the choice is there, higher bitrate and more detail, lower bitrate and longer recording time

Ok thank you. Given you can now support 18Mbps, that's only 16 hours on a 128MB card. Can you please test larger sizes? e.g. SanDisk's 200GB card would be 25 hours. I'm happy to test it myself, just didn't want to buy these cards if I was going to have no chance. Is there any software imposed limit in the firmware? Or just untested?

Can the existing model be updated to the new firmware?

Get it back? You don't have any v1 any more? :)
Seriously though, please do it.

I meant you'd need to send it back to have it upgraded, can be turned around same day though

Contact @Pier28 (assuming that's where you got it from) and they'll be able to confirm if yours is compatible and how to arrange to get it done

I meant you'd need to send it back to have it upgraded, can be turned around same day though

Is this not user upgradable, via some firmware and an application?

Back