SGZC12RC - Video issues

Gadjeel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So I recently installed the SGZC12RC and plugged-in a class 10 UHS-I 64GB Kingston micro SDXC card with the advertised 45MB/s read & 10MB/s write.

I noticed that the live video feed periodically gets something like signal interruption or corruption, that is, it's looking like the video is about to be corrupted as I see the screen flickering as if someone's been fiddling with the video cable. It does this periodically 100% of the time. Has anyone experienced this before?

I have setup the cam for 2 mins clips however I noticed that there's quite a significant number of seconds gap between the end of the last clip and the start of the next clip. I suspect it must be the card as it only has 10MB/s write. Can anyone confirm this?

just noticed your other thread, can you try this without the adaptor lead and let me know if you still have problems, there are send and receive chipsets at each end and adding the adapator can cause problem

@niko tested a lot of different adaptor leads before he found models that were suitable

Thanks @jokiin for a quick response.

Changing it back to the cable that came with the SGZC12RC might be difficult for me as I've mounted it on a place where only the L-shaped micro USB can fit. Now that you mentioned that the cable has a send and receive chipset at the end would mean eliminating the standard micro USBs.

Do you have any suggestion on how to cleanly remove the mount and avoid damage to the windshields? Also, if I do this the adhesive will lose its stickiness. What's the brand of the adhesive that came with the unit? What would you suggest as the replacement for the adhesive?

I would see if you can just move it temporarily to get the original lead in if possible and bypass the adaptor, just as a test, it could be the cause of your problem so best to rule it out

Removing the mount is best done with a bit of string between the glass and the mount and saw through the tape, the tape will get damaged taking it off and will need to be replaced, it's 3M VHB tape

Probably easier if you take the camera out of the mount before trying to take it off also

Probably easier if you take the camera out of the mount before trying to take it off also

I didn't know you could take the camera out of the mount safely. How is it done? Do I just pull on the side where the connectors are?

3e4151be46ce006fb5cdc9e718391e2d.jpg

Thanks! I'll try what you've suggested @jokiin and remove the lead and see if the problem is with the card or with the cable.

Btw to answer your question:
that does sound like a card issue, where did you buy from?

I bought it here in NSW, Australia -- Strathfield Car Radios. I was initially looking for a Transcend 400x 64GB since the SGZC came with just 32GB but they don't have it so I was sold the Kingston instead and he says most people use it in the SGZC without issues.

Online or in store?

In store. I was initially looking for a Transcend 400x 64GB since the SGZC came with just 32GB Transcend 400x but they don't have the 64GB Transcend so I was sold the Kingston instead and he says most people use it in the SGZC without issues.

that card has never come up as an issue before for this model, doesn't mean there couldn't be a first time, see how you go once the adaptor cable is out of the equation though and we'll go from there

After the test you mentioned @jokiin I would try to use the original supplied cables since @niko mentioned in my other post that I would really have to use the original cable due to the chip built into it.

Removing the mount is best done with a bit of string between the glass and the mount and saw through the tape, the tape will get damaged taking it off and will need to be replaced, it's 3M VHB tape

Do you happen to know which 3M VHB tape was originally used? I can see 4 variants of the 3M VHB (listed below) from the 3M website (http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/portal/3M/en_AU/VHB/Home/Products/).

- RP45
- RP45F

I find it difficult to find stores in the city and near my place that sells 3M VHB.

the chip sin't in the cable, it does need the right type of cable to function correctly though, some extension or adapter cables will break that

the model number of the tape is 5952 but I'm not sure if you can buy that locally, did you check the box, there might be a spare tape in there already

I used the OEM cable and just remounted the cam a bit lower in the center of the Subaru and just hope Eyesight still works despite the end part of the OEM cable is in its field-of-vision. Good thing there was an extra 3M VHB in the package.

Thanks @jokiin for the assistance and thanks again for the mini cable clips you've sent me 2 months ago.

Very good dashcam and best after sales support for the SG! Definitely recommending SGs to my buddies!

Back