SGZC12RC wiping card?

Brian Platzbecker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC
Hey guys,

So i have had this dashcam running for a while now without many issues, (had to change cards) but am running into a new issue.

Every week or so, the dashcam will show this screen, with no input from me. It wont let me access the menu until i pull the card, but then i cannot format it.

This requires me to plug it into my laptop, format it, then put it back in the dashcam. I have to look at the unit most days now to see if its recording or if it has crapped out.

Card or Cam? This is card #2. PNY 64gb

Thanks
hgnGO6d.jpg

lex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting this issue too on two 64gb cards, the lexar provided when i bought it in January from Niko and a Samsung evo+
Can't format card within the unit only on a PC then either card is good for between 1 and 5 days, whether i full format or chkdsk it.
Chkdsk /f fixes boot errors and the card is again usable, files available. As it should be running 24/7 having to check every morning to see if it's still working kinda defeats the object of having it.

upload_2016-4-27_15-56-17.png

lex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is
2015-11-04 21:00

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Hey guys,

So i have had this dashcam running for a while now without many issues, (had to change cards) but am running into a new issue.

Every week or so, the dashcam will show this screen, with no input from me. It wont let me access the menu until i pull the card, but then i cannot format it.

This requires me to plug it into my laptop, format it, then put it back in the dashcam. I have to look at the unit most days now to see if its recording or if it has crapped out.

Card or Cam? This is card #2. PNY 64gb

Thanks
hgnGO6d.jpg

I'm getting this issue too on two 64gb cards, the lexar provided when i bought it in January from Niko and a Samsung evo+
Can't format card within the unit only on a PC then either card is good for between 1 and 5 days, whether i full format or chkdsk it.
Chkdsk /f fixes boot errors and the card is again usable, files available. As it should be running 24/7 having to check every morning to see if it's still working kinda defeats the object of having it.

View attachment 22754

What other settings do you have selected ( files length, "motion detection ON or OFF", G-sensor value etc. ), so we can see if there might be some path, because there was no similar reports till now.

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's probably just a coincidence but I've found turning off the g sensor seems to stop any card issues. But it's probably just a coincidence as said.

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, an SG9665GC. But just thought it worth mentioning in the very off chance.

lex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What other settings do you have selected ( files length, "motion detection ON or OFF", G-sensor value etc. ), so we can see if there might be some path, because there was no similar reports till now.

Record Setup: 1 min High
Motion Detect: On
G Sensor: Low

BDP is set to 12 or 12.2v & unlimited timer

Performance of both cards has steadily reduced since new with the most marked drop in performance on the lexar when changing to 1 min file lengths some 2 months ago.
The Lexar was always the weaker of the 2 cards and i would only swap this with the samsung card if there was some footage i wanted to view (or needed to reformat), however over the last 4 weeks both cards have have become as unreliable as each other.

It's possible I've just been unlucky with the 2 sd cards so i will try a 3rd but that does mean I'm on my 3rd card within 4 months of buying this dashcam and that isn't so great.

I should say that with the exception of the SD card issue i'm having i am pleased with the cam, it does all the stuff i wanted (parking mode) and it does it well.
Given that only 2 of us have reported this issue then hopefully a 3rd sd will resolve it. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Record Setup: 1 min High
Motion Detect: On
G Sensor: Low

BDP is set to 12 or 12.2v & unlimited timer

Performance of both cards has steadily reduced since new with the most marked drop in performance on the lexar when changing to 1 min file lengths some 2 months ago.
The Lexar was always the weaker of the 2 cards and i would only swap this with the samsung card if there was some footage i wanted to view (or needed to reformat), however over the last 4 weeks both cards have have become as unreliable as each other.

It's possible I've just been unlucky with the 2 sd cards so i will try a 3rd but that does mean I'm on my 3rd card within 4 months of buying this dashcam and that isn't so great.
Thanks for detailed replay.
How much approx. recording dashcam has per day / werk / month ?

lex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for detailed replay.
How much approx. recording dashcam has per day / werk / month ?

I get around 10-12hrs before the card overwrites, so the card i have just swapped today (because it became unreadable) is full and has files from 26/04/2016 16:52 through to 27/04/2016 03:08, it's been in since Sunday so it has overwritten itself at least 5 or 6 times

The cam is on 24/7 and i'm parked on a main road so it is kept busy.

OP
B

Brian Platzbecker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC
Sorry for the delay.

I am running 1080@30, cyclic time of 2 min.

motion detect on. G sensor mid.

1.01.02 firmware

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What card are you on now and how's it performing wozzzza?
same but I have a bit later beta firmware and issue hasn't arisen anymore since.