SGZC12RC wiping card?

I have formatted 2 64GB (lexar & Samsung evo+) and 1 128GB PNY cards as fat32 and haven't had an issue since. i used http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm but had to format cards first otherwise guiformat would error, all setting left at default.

how long have you been running like this for without issues?

Really disappointed at the excuses and the refusal to accept that the product itself is the cause of this issue.

there's no refusal to accept at all, we know this has been a problem for some users but it's something we've been unable to get sorted out

No issue since May, post #53 in this thread.

I recommended the RC to a work colleague, we bought at the same time and he had exactly the same issues as me and fortunately, for me, the Fat32 format resolved those.
So i do find it difficult to believe these are isolated incidents.
What bugs me most are the reasons given why this is happening, ranging from sd cards wearing out to the RC not designed for 24/7 or parking mode.

No issue since May, post #53 in this thread.

I recommended the RC to a work colleague, we bought at the same time and he had exactly the same issues as me and fortunately, for me, the Fat32 format resolved those.
So i do find it difficult to believe these are isolated incidents..

ok, that's interesting that you've run that long without issue just by formatting FAT32, what cluster size are you using, also how many hours a day does it get used?

we have people that have used like this without issues, that's the frustrating part, why does it work for some and not others

What bugs me most are the reasons given why this is happening, ranging from sd cards wearing out to the RC not designed for 24/7 or parking mode.

it has been very difficult to try and pinpoint the issue, we've looked at lots of possible causes but still haven't been able to find the root cause

I have formatted 2 64GB (lexar & Samsung evo+) and 1 128GB PNY cards as fat32 and haven't had an issue since. i used http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm but had to format cards first otherwise guiformat would error, all setting left at default.

I'm using the SGZC12RC as a rear dashcam in my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport powered via Vicovation Vico Power Plus with a 2 hour timer.

I've been using a 32GB card with zero problems. I'll manually format a 64GB and 128 Transcend x400 card FAT32 and confirm no issues as well.

I know Windows 10 is a bit tricky getting 3rd party format FAT32 utilities to work at all so I'll try to pre-format the card in regular Explorer first as suggested. Which cluster size did you use?

Cluster size is the default that's presented, 32768.
I found that if there are files on the card then guiformat errors with "another process is accessing files on the card", or words to that effect.
Formating in windows first then allows guiformat full access to format as fat32.

It's running 24/7 with motion detect on ie parking mode and has been running continuosly, without issue, since May (apart from the rare occasion i swap cards to review footage).
All 3 cards that 'failed' every couple of days or so as exFAT have had zero issues under fat32.

I found that if there are files on the card then guiformat errors with "another process is accessing files on the card", or words to that effect.
Formating in windows first then allows guiformat full access to format as fat32.

It's running 24/7 with motion detect on ie parking mode and has been running continuosly, without issue, since May (apart from the rare occasion i swap cards to review footage).
All 3 cards that 'failed' every couple of days or so as exFAT have had zero issues under fat32.

ok, thanks for the feedback, always nicer to be able to format in camera for convenience sake but if it can work reliably like that then that's obviously a small price to pay compared to the potential to have corrupt cards, apologies if you mentioned it previously but what firmware version are you on?

Firmware is
2015-11-04 21:00

i had some of trouble like this. And turn out, it's all about fake card.
i dont know about your market. But in vietnam market, fake cards are selling everywhere: in every size of memory card, in every brand. A card seller used to say to me: what brand do you want to buy ? just say a name. He will print it for me. I am sure if i say my name at the moment, this guy would do this. :D
Because of that, i always try to sell dashcam with memory card even deny to sell dashcam alone.

i had some of trouble like this. And turn out, it's all about fake card.
i dont know about your market. But in vietnam market, fake cards are selling everywhere: in every size of memory card, in every brand. A card seller used to say to me: what brand do you want to buy ? just say a name. He will print it for me. I am sure if i say my name at the moment, this guy would do this. :D
Because of that, i always try to sell dashcam with memory card even deny to sell dashcam alone.

yeah Chinese cards are like that also, this is something other than just a card issue though

So far so good. I downloaded the guiformat-x64.Exe (64 Bit) version of the FAT32 Format app if you scroll to the very bottom of:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Here's what the error looks like if you don't format the card in windows first.

J3GL6e7.png

I formated the card in windows (defaults)
7rDF7vC.png

Success.
cya7UIV.png

Initial Recording Success (so far) I'll let this 64GB Transcend x400 card record and see how it goes.

DqOLz8a.png

I'm glad we know how to get a FAT32 format app working properly in Windows 10 now.

MiniAide FAT32 Formatter freeware works smoothly in W8, W8.1, and W10. It's a comprehensive formatting freeware but isn't as easy to use as the other older freewares. It has an instructional video; best to watch it first. Don't forget to click "apply" at the top or your desired changes won't occur!

I thought I'd destroyed a new 64GB Transcend card trying to use other programs, but this one installed a new partition and formatted my card to FAT32 and now it's working just fine. Not as simple as some, but much better than most- give it a try!

Phil

still waiting for an update, should get that this week, we are working on something else as an alternate to this, more on that once confirmed

with the power off when you power back on is there a file system error or is it business as usual once you start back up?

No file system error as such, it just starts up again no problem. However, of course, I don't trust it. I used to leave it and it did work ok until sometime later the Please format card issue reappeared, so I was forced really given this to reformat if I ever see it switched off for no reason, just because I don't know what state it was left in, even if it appeared to be fine.

I strongly suggest that your developers start writing out events to a rotating log file on the file system, so we can at least see what is happening and when. This is the first step to figuring out what is the cause, to know what happened in the lead up to the problem. This is developer 101 stuff. I don't think it would be unreasonable to start writing to a log file. I used to do this as a developer to troubleshoot weird problems - be more verbose. I understand that this doesn't help with FS corruption, but should help with issues such as why did the camera power off?

there may be a connection between the power off and the corruption, have you tried your cards formatted FAT32? I know it's a manual process which is an annoyance but the feedback @lex would suggest it's stable like that, really need more people trying that to confirm, @niko and @Street Guardian USA are both testing this at the moment also

To those mentioning to switch to FAT32... This doesn't work on 128GB Lexar cards. It results in a Not enough space! error. Please see the other thread with that error in the topic name.

To those mentioning to switch to FAT32... This doesn't work on 128GB Lexar cards. It results in a Not enough space! error. Please see the other thread with that error in the topic name.

not sure why that would be, what did you use to format the card, what cluster size did you use?

Back