SGZC12RC wiping card?

cool, hopefully it will fix the blank file issue.

I've had this issue happen to one of my cards/cameras as well, although the card is a Transcend 128GB. I have a SGZC12RC camera in two different vehicles, both using the same type of card running 24/7 with the MotoPark BDP, though just one of them has had this happen. I'll try to get details of the settings tomorrow and post it here.

EDIT:

Firmware version:
2015-11-04 21:00

Record Setup:
High
2 Min

Motion Detection:
On

G--Sensor:
High

LCD Standby:
1 Min

Last edited:
Just received a 128gb PNY today and put it in the dashcam.
So this is the 3rd card!
Fingers crossed...

Ok, so card crapped out today at 13:59 whilst parked. A grand total of 12 days for a brand new PNY 128gb card!
Given that this is the 3rd new card i have tried and it is apparently a rare occurrence then can i have another unit sent out and a return SAE so that i send send my current unit back?
Thanks
Dave

upload_2016-5-17_18-5-11.png

And image of unit when i got home and checked... :(
upload_2016-5-17_18-21-19.png

Ok, so card crapped out today at 13:59 whilst parked. A grand total of 12 days for a brand new PNY 128gb card!
Given that this is the 3rd new card i have tried and it is apparently a rare occurrence then can i have another unit sent out and a return SAE so that i send send my current unit back?
Thanks
Dave

after you corrected the error on the card does the card then work again?

yes, put it back in and it's fine. After chkdsk or format that is.
Exactly same with the other 2 cards, it craps out, fix card and it's ok again for another few days.

I bought this model for the parking feature and unfortunately unless i am able to see the unit then there is no knowing whether or not it's working. (Schroeders' cat?)

dave

yes, put it back in and it's fine. After chkdsk or format that is.
Exactly same with the other 2 cards, it craps out, fix card and it's ok again for another few days.

Ok thanks, are you running the camera 24/7 or it's on some sort of BDP?

Ok thanks, are you running the camera 24/7 or it's on some sort of BDP?

It's on a BDP (MS Multi Safer), The unit runs 24/7 and the vast majority of the time it's writing to the card (well, at least it's supposed to be!) as i park on a main road.

It's on a BDP (MS Multi Safer), The unit runs 24/7 and the vast majority of the time it's writing to the card (well, at least it's supposed to be!) as i park on a main road.

ok thanks, just we need to emulate the same so we can test, will get the engineer onto it as a priority

I'm using PNY 128 GB U1 card since middle February and had this format card issue happening once to me. My camera is also connected to Motopark Multi Safer running 12.2v and unlimited timer with a lot of recording.

But after reformatting haven't experience it again.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Happened again for me just today:

g50ynhR.jpg

JR7gEoZ.png

For past 3 days I have tested one of RC at home on the bench with 128GB Lexar 633x MicroSD ( normal recording mode, 2min loop, high quality image, g-sensor: low ), - 3 time overwriting card, - so far no issues.
Will be testing it with motion detection and see if this makes any difference.

Also had the card lose its format on me, noticed today (Windows showed the partition to be RAW, could not format from 12RC).
128 GB Samsung Evo

Back