SGZC12RC wiping card?

I'll see what I can swap around.

I have the message "Please format card" today the first time. I purchased the RC back in July 2015. Recently since May 2016 I am using a Celllink B with Motion Sensor on (Parking Mode?) recording 24x7.

I am using a ADATA 64GB.
3137.png

After chkdsk, it is okay to read the card at my PC. I don't have a chance to put it back into the RC yet. I would assume it's fine. I am planning to put the card back as is without formatting it and see what happens.
adata_chkdsk_zpsgvrfhykt.jpg

My firmware version:
20160509_230013_HDR_zpsr16ke9fl.jpg

This is the last couple files
adata_files_zpsphgzwvsi.jpg

This is the Properties of the card after chkdsk
adata_properties_zpssps5cbpb.jpg

You'll want to Format the card (always in camera) once in awhile.

Format the card and then run the longer memory card test app available on https://streetguardian.info/support

I've had a few people wear out there card and replacing it fixed things right up. Memory card is always the weakest point.

Got it. Will format it when I get back to the car. Hopefully it will last.

An audible warning if there is an issue with the card would be helpful, at least as an option in the settings.

+1 if possible to implement audible sound as my screen is in glovebox and I don't check it daily.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

An audible warning if there is an issue with the card would be helpful, at least as an option in the settings.

Yeah thats a must have at least with units with a hidden main unit, and if not a audio warning, then prehaps a extension of the LEDs so you can put a status LED somwhere in sight.

I did disable audio on my Lukas LK-7500, but only as it allso had the little display on the back allso displaing errors if there was any.

Yeah thats a must have at least with units with a hidden main unit...

It's become a habit of mine to briefly open the glovebox at the start of each journey to check that the LED of the 12RC main unit is winking normally. It always is.

Just had the "Please format card!" error on one of my 6 identical units, all with Lexar 633x 128GB cards https://www.amazon.com/gp/B012PQKFNI
Card is ~3 months old. 24x7 on 2xCellink B. Partition table is in tact but the partition is unmountable/corrupted. The RC unit can't read it or format it, can't get into the menu to do it.

Reformatted the card on my PC and ran H2testw and all passed.

+1 for audible beep when camera has an error. This would be extremely helpful for not just this issue, but any fault/error.

What is the latest on this issue? @jokiin Do the devs know the root cause? Looks like the RC is at fault, not the card?

I personally have better experience with Zoran based cameras when using FAT32 instead of exFAT on larger than 32GB cards - you'd need to use something like this:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

It's probably worth a go to see how you get on.

Update: Since reformatting cards to FAT32 back in May i haven't had an issue. Only time i have swapped them is to review some footage which is how it should be!
Big thanks to reverend :)

Update: Since reformatting cards to FAT32 back in May i haven't had an issue. Only time i have swapped them is to review some footage which is how it should be!

thanks for the update

@jokiin Can you comment please on fat32 vs exfat for the RC? RC formats my 128GB cards as exfat. Is fat32 officially supported and if so, what is the vendor recommendation on partition type? I assume the answer is exfat but please clarify.

@jokiin Can you comment please on fat32 vs exfat for the RC? RC formats it as exfat. Is fat32 officially supported and if so, what is the vendor recommendation on partition type? I assume the answer is exfat but please clarify.

technically large cards should use exFAT but you may find formatting FAT32 will avoid problems for cards that are currently giving issues in the allocation table

forgot to ask before is this on the cameras with the modified cables you were having problems or on the others?

just some feedback from the engineer, the Adata cards are not recommended for use with this chipset

Thanks for the heads up. Are there any brand of sd card recommended which work well with our Zoran based RC?

technically large cards should use exFAT but you may find formatting FAT32 will avoid problems for cards that are currently giving issues in the allocation table

forgot to ask before is this on the cameras with the modified cables you were having problems or on the others?

Are you saying FAT32 may help with the "Please format card!" issue?

No, having this problem with the rear camera which just has the 5M OEM cable + 2 angled shielded end cables, no modified cables on this one.

Back