SGZC12RC wiping card?

I'm glad it's working. The RC + large card(s) I use for my rear dashcam in my Explorer is stable as well manually formated FAT32. If you want to use greater than 32GB cards, this is the best we can do since the Zoran SDK doesn't have FAT32 large card formatting support.
The next generation remote camera products will use a different solution and native FAT32 in-cam formatting should be no problem.

Why is that in your opinion ?

Zoran was bought out by CSR and they decided the part of the business that made these processors wasn't worth keeping so closed it down, no further support from them once that happened so no possibility of updating the SDK unfortunately

Zoran was bought out by CSR and they decided the part of the business that made these processors wasn't worth keeping so closed it down, no further support from them once that happened so no possibility of updating the SDK unfortunately

Classic monopoly and oligopoly behavior

unfortunate when you put a bunch of resources into a product and have the rug pulled from under you, it was a commercial decision though (they were certainly not going to get rich from our business) so it's par for the course that sometimes things don't go the way you want, in the end we are concentrating more on the Novatek platform and that is working better for us anyway, just lucky all our eggs weren't in the one basket I guess

mine hasn't had any issues since the fat32 format either.

Mine hasn't had any issues with exFAT. Formatted within the camera. Lexar 64GB card.

not sure if the card is a contributing factor but we have had plenty of people that have never had an issue with larger cards while some people certainly have, for those that have FAT32 seems to be the best option

Reporting back after a lot of testing:
FAT32 on Lexar and Transcend 128GB with 1.02.05 with Motion Detect off has been working ok except a couple of times where my units didn't flush to the flash and I lost data as it corrupted the card. I find to ensure the flush/sync occurs, click on the setup or files that stops recording and you see the light flash for a bit, then it is safe to power off via the button and remove the flash card. For whatever reason, just pressing the button to switch off hasn't been 100% for me and it needs to be.

I plan to turn motion detect back on, because ideally this is what I want.

Fun fact: it's been 5 years since I formatted the 128 GB cards to FAT32 and there were no issues since then. I hope you guys and your families are all safe and sound.

Back