SGZC12RC

Brian Platzbecker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC
Picked one of these up a few days back, from amazon.com (pier28 store). Having a pecuiliar issue. I hard installed with the recommended Pano Motopark.

At first install, I could get a few good recordings.

First drive to work looked fine. But when I got in the car afterwards, the screen was frozen, still looking at my garage door at home. Unplugged it, restarted, then tried again. Same issue. Recording would lock up.

So I pulled the microSD and went to my laptop to format it with the included microSD to usb adapter.

Computer tells me the card is write protected. Odd, cant format it. plug it back into the camera, also cannot format it.

Now when the card in is the device, it will power off and restart after ~10 seconds of recording.

Is the source of the issue the microSD or the camera unit?

Thanks Guys
Brian

PNY are normally quite good, the problems you describe are more typical with fake cards, you can test the card with h2testw to see if a problem with the card

I attempted to do that, but the h2testw told me the card was write protected and the test did not run.

I attempted to do that, but the h2testw told me the card was write protected and the test did not run.

well a write protected card certainly won't work in the camera, best to talk to Amazon about getting the card replaced

when you get the new card run the test on it prior to using it (format in the camera before you use it there) just to be sure the card is genuine, a lot of fake media around that works in cellphones and similar but these type of cameras will trip up on them in a very short space of time and fail

well a write protected card certainly won't work in the camera, best to talk to Amazon about getting the card replaced

when you get the new card run the test on it prior to using it (format in the camera before you use it there) just to be sure the card is genuine, a lot of fake media around that works in cellphones and similar but these type of cameras will trip up on them in a very short space of time and fail

Will do, thanks for the help!

Also can you reccomend what is your favorite card to use with this camera? I feel like I could go pick up another locally tonight

They are always over the top in service and support. Products are outstanding as well
its like they are in the same room as you, got a question, ask it then almost instant reply.

Lexar 300x ( 2 month ), Transcend 300x 64Gb series ( 8 month ), Toshiba 32Gb 4 month, are what I have good experience with. Yes, those memory cards / brands are a little bit more experience than alternative brands ( price difference is only few $ ), but at least I can be sure I am getting relieable memory card for dashcams. Even well known SanDisk and Samsung are not always good for dashcams with some reports on DCT forum, however I use Sandisk 64Gb in my smartphoen for over 2y and very happy with it, but what isgood for smartphones / tablets is not allwys good for dashcams.

Lexar 633x is the highest quality card at the moment. Let us know how the replacement card goes.
PNY is generally good, but we just had a 128GB microSD PNY card go bad the other day after 2 months, warranty is replacing it now. (so jury is still out on PNY long term)

Avoid Samsung EVO, and Red/Grey Sandisk cards.

Avoid Samsung EVO, and Red/Grey Sandisk cards.
I own both models (with the exception of one Sandisk Ultra being faulty and has been exchanged) all have been running very well in all sort of devices.

Back