SGZC12SG V2 Poor Exposure

wookie847

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Just got my first dash cam and running into an issue.

Not sure why, but this camera is not performing optimally during the day with sunlight hitting the back of cars in front of me. You can see in the picture below that the license plate on the left can barely be made out and the one in front of my car is completely non-legible. It's as if the camera doesn't readjust exposure for different levels of light, but I can't tell.

Any ideas? I will try playing with the CPL filter when I leave work.

FEo5rMS.png

YzMjukI.jpg

Last edited:
make sure the CPL filter is adjusted correctly

do you still have the video these screenshots are from, I'd like to get a copy if you do so we can analyse, we're doing some firmware work at the moment so would be an ideal time to look at this in case we need to improve it

make sure the CPL filter is adjusted correctly

do you still have the video these screenshots are from, I'd like to get a copy if you do so we can analyse, we're doing some firmware work at the moment so would be an ideal time to look at this in case we need to improve it

I tried adjusting the cpl filter without much success. How would you like me to send them to you? I'm at work at the moment, but have the files on me (about 700mb a piece).

Sent you a message with a link to 3 video files. :)

Any updates? :) Haven't heard from Pier28.

How can I check that? Away from my car at the moment, but I can check it tonight. :p

I have a different Street Guardian product on a different platform, the SG9665GC, but your issue looks oddly familiar. I'm sorry to report that I first reported it a year ago and it remains unresolved. :( I'm still keeping the faith and trying to hang in there because of my respect for jokiin and Pier28 but I'm near to taking the cam out of service because there is still no solution even on the horizon as yet and the new long awaited firmware update apparently doesn't even address AE issues at all . You may wish to peruse a thread I started recently about the issue that you will find HERE.

overcastblowout2.jpg

evening blow-out.png

Last edited:
Back