SGZC12SG V2-PRO (GPS+CPL+Extras) w. option of REAR / reversing camera Recording

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Just released, new V2-PRO SGZC12SG ( GPS + CPL + Extras )

revcamsg-2-jpg.18405

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (1).jpg

- 1080p / 30Fps / 18Mbps bit-rate
- Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS sensor
- Supercaps ( Capacitors )
- 5 sec. pre-buffer recording
- Parking / Motion detection recording with 5 sec pre-buffer
For parking mode recording MS MotoPark BDP ( battery discharge prevention device ) is recommended in order to avoid car battery going flat
- CPL lens filter available to remove dashboard glare ( sold separately )
- REAR / REVERSING Camera automatic Recording activation via switch or reversing gear ( watch video demo Part-3 below )
*Rear camera sold separately.
Street Guardian rear / reversing cameras:
SG89U, SG89FM, SG89F, SG89FF, SG89PPN, SG89FP, SG89UPN, SG89TP, SG89TM, SG89TF

REAR / REVERSING CAMERA SETUP

Package Content:

1pcs - main unit, black matte finishing with no logoes for more stealthy look )
1pcs - 40.5mm CPL lens filter to reduces dashboard glare
1pcs - car cigarette lighter charger ( 12v )
1pcs - suction mount ( ball joint for 360 degree rotation )
1pcs - 3M mount ( ball joint for 360 degree rotation )
1pcs - Installation tool to help to run cables in your car
2pcs - 3M VHB adhesive tape for 3M mount
1pcs - USB to MicroUSB OTG card reader ( MicroSD / SD ) to download and playback files on your smartphone / table / PC/ Laptop
1pcs - Microfibre carry bag with "Street Guadian" logo
1pcs - stickers: "Caution! Conversation may be recorded"
1pcs - "Street Guardian" logo sticker
1pcs - Video cable RCA to 2.5mm for Reversing camera or external display
1pcs - Quick start quide
1pcs - Main packaging.

P.S. - 3M low profile square mount (which is mentioned in the video and on photo ) is not included originally and can be purchased as an extra accessory.

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (2).jpg

Specifications
  • Video resolution: Full HD 1080P/30fps/max 18Mbps bit-rate
  • Processor: Zoran Coach 12P
  • LCD display: 2.7-inch Capacitive Touch Screen
  • Lens: 7 Element Glass lens, 154° Diagonal viewing angle
  • CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor IMX322
  • Video format: H.264 compression mode MP4 format
  • Microphone/speaker: built-in
  • Storage media: SDHC SD card, maximum 512GB
  • CPL filter included ( to remove dash glare )
  • Suction mount and 2pcs 3M mount included
  • Gapless recording: supported
  • Recording cycle menu selectable: 1, 2, 3, 5 min.
  • Date stamped video: supported
  • Selectable OSD ( On Screen Dispay ): On/Off
  • Selectable bitrate, 12mbit, 15mbit, 18mbit
  • Parking mode and Motion detection: supported with pre-buffer
  • Super Capacitor power supply, last file save and soft shutdown
  • Screen saver: supported 30 and 60 sec
  • Night mode: wide dynamic range (WDR)
  • Built-in G-sensor: yes
  • Incident file protect: automatic by G-sensor/manual by button
  • GPS logger: internal
  • White balance: auto
  • Power supply: 12v/24v direct input
SGZC12SG V2-PRO (3).jpg

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (4).jpg

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (5).jpg

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (6).jpg

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (7).jpg

SGZC12SG V2-PRO (8).jpg

Last edited:
thanks for putting that all together

No problem.
Hope people will not be bored to watch my long videos. Just wanted to cover every little and important detail, so people know why V2-PRO series is different from "some others" on the market.

Looking good thanks Niko, we've been excited about this v2 Pro Series relaunch for awhile now. My batch came with a spare square adhesive pad to go with the low profile mount. (didn't see it with yours)

This is one of the reasons i buy Street Guardian products. They package everything together that you would need to get started, and more. Everything is always neatly organized, and well thought out.

Include the outstanding sales and support organization that @jokiin has assembled, and i believe you have the best you can find. @nik0 always puts max effort in his work, and the honest way he presents information is exemplary. Nice work!

Looks like the same processor and sensor. Only changes are the threaded filter and text delete on the housing? Excellent upgrade considering the price. On version 1, I covered all the text with black electrical tape and had to epoxy the metal ring for the magnetic filter, to make it stick for good. Any ETA on a new firmware for version 1? Keep up the good work!

My first foray into dashcam....I purchased the SGZC12SG V2 dashcam and the SG89U reverseing camera........to my dismay the dashcam comes with a video cable with male end and the reversing camera with video cable with 2 male ends....so no way to connect the two....I'm a little disappointed as I assumed from the videos that it would be a simple connect to get this to work

the dashcam comes with the lead you need which will plug straight into the reverse cam, you don't use the lead that comes with the reverse cam in this instance, between the two products you should already have what you need to get it working

That lead is not long enough to reach the reverse cam on the back of my ute :( Any idea what the part is called that can connect those two leads together so I can run it to the back of the ute?

Its a RCA female to RCA female adapter....supplier was very fast in replying to my issue :)

Last edited:
That lead is not long enough to reach the reverse cam on the back of my ute :( Any idea what the part is called that can connect those two leads together so I can run it to the back of the ute?

Can you share photos or video cables plugs from dashcam and reversing camera side.

it is the same wiring for the camera as in the pictures above plus those in the attached picture

Attachments

• sg89u.jpg
    sg89u.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 9
Back