Shadow 1s Car DVR FullHD 30FPS with light sensor by SeeZeus

The mount has gotten very loose on mine.....so much that it is coming off while driving.

The mount has gotten very loose on mine.....so much that it is coming off while driving.

So I should not remove the cam off base everyday (I park in the open parking lot at my work. Car gets very hot in summer).

must be loose to actually come off

Yes, well to be honest it was while my wife was driving ;)

It mounts side to side rather than slide down to lock. I have not taken it on and off too many times, but it is quite sloppy in the mount now, but to be fair the A119 is also sloppy in the mount now as well.

• GPS longitude is still showing negative, which causes the Shadow Player software to think the location is somewhere in China, and east/west are reversed on the map display.

Shadow Player shows I was driving on frozen tundra in Tibet, China. Would be wonderful to have the cool air in Florida, even it may contains less oxygen:). The negative longitude is correct for US, you can see google map shows the Tibet location with positive longitude. The software engineer dropped the negative sign. And yes, east/west are reversed on the map but compass on player shows correct direction. It should be fixed once the 'minus' sign issue taken care of (direction reversed).

shadow1s-scn03.png

Last edited:
if this model is supported by Registrator Viewer there's an option to invert the co-ordinates to deal with this error so that things display correctly

Shadow Player shows I was driving on frozen tundra in Tibet, China. Would be wonderful to have the cool air in Florida, even it may contains less oxygen:). The negative longitude is correct for US, you can see google map shows the Tibet location with positive longitude. The software engineer dropped the negative sign. And yes, east/west are reversed on the map but compass on player shows correct direction. It should be fixed once the 'minus' sign issue taken care of (direction reversed).

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I didn't know if it was the GPS on the camera or the player software that had the issue, and I guessed wrong.

if this model is supported by Registrator Viewer there's an option to invert the co-ordinates to deal with this error so that things display correctly
Wow, what the difference a media player can make! I downloaded Registrator Viewer and it not only displayed all info correct, but also rendered video in higher quality. I can see nearby cars' license plates!

See photo below, the differences in power lines, street sign.
player-comp.png

I am quite happy now.

Last edited:
I have also just got to try Registrator Viewer and found it much more useful than a video viewer. I found that you can speed up, frame-by-frame as well as zoom in. Once you have the best frame you can expand to full screen. Great program !!!

Last edited:
I've used this dashcam for a couple of weeks now, and tried out Parking Mode recently. Parking Mode can be selected to save an image every one second or every 5 seconds, which it does, whether the car is driving or stationary. But it seems that Parking Mode can only be turned on or off by manual selection, not automatically. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Anyone know if there's an automatic setting that will select Parking Mode when the car is parked?

I've used this dashcam for a couple of weeks now, and tried out Parking Mode recently. Parking Mode can be selected to save an image every one second or every 5 seconds, which it does, whether the car is driving or stationary. But it seems that Parking Mode can only be turned on or off by manual selection, not automatically. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Anyone know if there's an automatic setting that will select Parking Mode when the car is parked?
Dash cameras with parking mode will usually go into parking mode when it's enabled in the settings. What your describing sounds more like Time Lapse.

Shadow calls it Parking Mode, but time lapse would be more appropriate. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with being parked. I'm not even sure how the device would even know if the car was parked, unless it could infer that from the GPS speed.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

It is common for these plastic mounts to wear this way. I have fixed this in other dash cams by sticking one piece of electrical tape to the mounting plate (see picture). It tightens it up enough to stop it sliding off the bracket.

Shadow.JPG

It is unfortunate that we have to resort to tape on a product. It is not like I have taken this off the mount a hundred times, maybe 10 times and this is what happens? Poor testing/quality IMHO

Last edited:
Shadow-1s_WDR-ON-OFF.gif
As technological innovation ...
Instead IR filter holder to embed a polarizing filter.
It is much more important, and that a lot of glare ...
Most importantly, carefully cut a square out of the CPL-filter.
Set it no problem. I will try to do it.

But this is the first registrar soft switching CPL-filter ...

Last edited:
Hi
where can I download the firmware from the Polish language Shadows 1s

Last edited:
Back