Shadow 1s Car DVR FullHD 30FPS with light sensor by SeeZeus

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
Shadow 1s official page.
It is the new 2016 Car DVR from Shadow SeeZeus which is using an interesting light sensor to increase brightness in low light conditions. After a quick test I see this feature is working, is called Night Vision in menu and when is adding the most bright the image become black & white.

Their english is not good so I am trying to write here real specs and not strange things like „4K quality” or „Sony lens”. No 4K, no Sony lens.

Color: Black/Silver
Chipset: Ambarella A7
CMOS: Sony IMX322
Lens: 6G, 158 degrees, F1.6 aperture
Display: 2.4" TFT LCD screen
Video Resolution: Full HD 1920*1080P 30fps, MOV
GPS: yes, inside camera
Languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Deutsch, Italian,Poland Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese
Battery: with Super Capacitor
Size (L*W*H): 90*65*42mm
Weight: 104g

Features:
Day and night photosensitive switching technology
Plate car number stamp on the screen
Fixed Radars ( In Russia)
Turn on/off voice warning function
GPS tracking / GPS screen saver, GPS speeding alert function
Vehicle ahead early warning / Vehicle out of lane warning
Parking surveillance
G-Sensor function /SOS emergency lock function
Motion detection recording function
Anti fatigue driving (?) (based on duration, something like an alarm clock)
Image capture function, evidence double protection

Shadow1s SEEZEUS - Shadow Tec.jpg

My comparison picture with similar „wedge” designs:

Shadow 1s Viofo A119 A118 comparisons-.jpg

Some low light comparisons are here, now just an example:

Videos:
Day Parking Mode driving:

Night Parking Mode driving:

4 cameras comparison, night:

The VIOFO A119 is a pre-production beta sample and Shadow S1 is a finished factory sample, not retail versions and A118C is retail.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw 1S over 3 weeks ago appeared on Chinese market.
@"light sensor" / photo sensor - idea implementation I was talking few years ago. Maybe shadow took my idea ? I need to ask commission from them ;)

Interesting that they didn't do a 1296 resolution, is it just that the IMX322 doesn't support it?

That's right, the IMX322 is a 2Mp sensor which maxes out at 1080p

Reactions: Mtz
@Mtz how are you finding the night sensor on these please - does it do a good job?

The Shadow GT680W was a great camera - unfortunately the GT880S I had suffered terribly from drifting focus but it could have been an isolated problem as I didn't see anyone else mention that problem.

I didn't tested it. I need a way to fix the camera on my windshield because of some local problems.

enjoy,
Mtz

Some low light snapshots between 3 cameras:

_____ GitUp Git1 (Sony IMX322) ____ Shadow 1S (Sony IMX322) + Light Sensor __ Mini 0806 (Omnivision OV4689)

Last edited:
When is not enough light the image become black and white, see this first comparison line:

_____
GitUp Git1 (Sony IMX322) ____ Shadow 1S (Sony IMX322) + Light Sensor __ Mini 0806 (Omnivision OV4689)

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
There is a feature called Parking Mode which is recording a video in Time Lapse mode as 1 frame/second or 5 frames/second when you are driving but it will work also in normal Parking Mode based on motion detect or G-Sensor shocks.
When driving you can have long trips on short videos, about 170MB for 1 hour of driving.
I updated first post with Day Parking Mode driving and Day Parking Mode driving.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I think it is the nice Camera, Shadow put the name 1s, before may be GT680w Plus ?

Some pictures installed in Vietnam and the Video Clip by Vietnamese Language

12814273_918880688227022_3694972027848012637_n.jpg

12832459_918880841560340_8177102723157394316_n.jpg

12832503_918880771560347_7354918711336295617_n.jpg

Is it possible to show some night shots comparing the A119 and Shadow S1?

Also what is the large black box on the power cable? Is that the GPS module?

@"light sensor" / photo sensor - idea implementation I was talking few years ago. Maybe shadow took my idea ? I need to ask commission from them ;)
Before I saw them try to use this solution on another ID, maybe they thought the B40/A118 is a hot sale model, so make this one.

welcome back to me for more information about our shadow 1s.

hello, our shadow 1s with GPS module inside.

Thank you for the reply Nancy, so what is the black box then? Is that the 12v to 5v converter? Having it there instead of in the cig lighter plug will make it very hard to hide the cable in a cars headliner.

Thank you for the reply Nancy, so what is the black box then? Is that the 12v to 5v converter? Having it there instead of in the cig lighter plug will make it very hard to hide the cable in a cars headliner.

it's the power supply

it's the power supply

That's what I suspected. I wonder why they choose to put it at that end and not at the lighter plug end?

That's what I suspected. I wonder why they choose to put it at that end and not at the lighter plug end?

they had it like this on their previous models as well, doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess nobody complained about it, most manufacturers are reactive rather than proactive

Reactions: Mtz
That would mean that I would have to buy an extra non-oem cable, so that one small thing would be a show stopper for me.

Back