Shadow GT680W. Can seller be trusted?

ist

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello everybody,

I'm considering buying the Shadow GT680W. It seems to be good dash camera with an affordable price.

But, can the following seller be trusted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/310874623719
It seems to be, but I'll be glad to hear opinions on that topic regarding this particular seller.

Thank you.

Hello everybody,

I'm considering buying the Shadow GT680W. It seems to be good dash camera with an affordable price.

But, can the following seller be trusted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/310874623719
It seems to be, but I'll be glad to hear opinions on that topic regarding this particular seller.

Thank you.

He has good reputation on this forum but best if you look into the vendors feedback sub-forum.

Ordered from them in the past and had no problems.

Reactions: ist
Hi! Could someone be kind to tell me which seller to pick from foxoffer, estore009 or eprance in order to buy a GT 680w. I personally incline to buy from one of the two sellers from ebay (estore009 or eprance) to have also the buyer's protection from ebay not only the one from paypal. Thank you all!

That protection is less effective with international purchases as you still need to send stuff back if there's issues, from feedback from others I feel Foxoffer seem to be better if it comes to product issues

Thank you. So, foxoffer is more likely to respond faster in case of faulty product. Good to know since I intended to buy from estore009 if the GT680W will be my pick.

I would order the all black no logo GT680W and that option seems to only be available from foxoffer. The logo versions all say "Look at me! Look at me!"

I've ordered several times from FoxOffer and they are an honorable merchant. The one time I had a problem they responded very promptly. I've said this before, but perhaps it's worth mentioning again. Quality control on some of these cameras coming out of China can be as much of an issue for sellers like FoxOffer as much as it is for us buyers. Some sellers just blow it off but FoxOffer makes an effort to stand behind what they sell.

My first pick would also be FoxOffer but nothing wrong with estore009 from my limited experience with them.
Better than both is eletoponline365 (a Mobius vendor) A++

My first pick would also be FoxOffer but nothing wrong with estore009 from my limited experience with them.
Better than both is eletoponline365 (a Mobius vendor) A++

I agree!........eletoponline365 gets all my Mobius money! FoxOffer gets the rest!

it's good we mention sellers/manufacturers that are providing a good service, be it fast delivery, good price or try to be helpful in answering our emails to them, as we can reward them with our custom, instead of handing over out money to sellers/manufacturers who's only interest is in taking our money and with little or no service what so ever or saying downright lies to us to get a sale

Last edited:
@Gurkha9: If the mobius would have a little display or wifi to stream to my smartphone it would be my first pick and so there was eletoponline 365.
Thank you all for sharing your experience. Makes me very proud to be on such great forum!

I ordered the Mobius as it seems to be mandatory :)

I do miss a display for setting it up but once its done its done and I dont believe the processor and price would stay the same if adding a video screen. Since it was adapted from a key chain cam to a RC cam and then a dashcam I dont think adding a screen is on the top of the list if a new version comes out. Seems RC is where they make most of their $ and dashcams use is an offshoot.

A display for viewing is very limited especially in an accident as Ive been advised to never give the disk or camera to the police at the scene. Also, you never want to show the officer what happened at the scene until you first view the video yourself, which at the time of an accident may be limited. Just because you *think* you know what happened that doesnt mean that's actually what happened and you dont want to incriminate yourself with your own evidence. Get the officers information and email or mail the video only after viewing it yourself (and maybe an neutral 3rd party can view it as well to see it with clean new eyes) and making sure you are not to blame. If the video shows you are partly to blame you may wish not to send it or may wish to consult a lawyer for advice. Depending on the severity of the accident legal representation may be the best way to proceed after an incident. There are no car "accidents" someone is always at fault, hopefully its not you.

Anyway, I was looking at this cam or the successor to the mini 0801 for use in another car or for use as a rear cam. The two things that put me off it is the amount of time it will take to get to me from foxoffer as I think the non logo one is the better buy, and the way the camera is attached to the mount. I guess I could rig something that attaches the goofy mount to a standard 1/4-20 but I don't really want to waste the time. Does anyone know of an adapter?

Grimm, you make some excellent points about the necessity of a display on a dashcam as well as the wisdom (or lack thereof) in handing it over to the police officer to review. I hadn't considered these things. Now I'm kind of wishing I'd gone with the Mobius, but at the time, I was thinking, "well how is THIS going to help me not get an undeserved ticket (or worse), if I can't show the officer what happened?!". The only time I can think of where showing a display to an officer might be of significant benefit is my "worst case scenario" event that was actually my main impetus for buying a dashcam in the first place - pedestrian incidents. I drive a lot in congested urban areas for work, and you would not believe how many buffoons simply walk/bolt/stagger right out into traffic (often with an insolent glare at drivers for being in their way). God forbid I am unable to stop in time and hit one of these fools. I'd be arrested for vehicular assault, go to jail and then subsequently have to come forward with my little dashcam vid. Ain't nobody got time for dat...

@HotMess

I use to commute in rush hour traffic into and out of NYC so I completely understand where you are coming from. In NYC traffic it seems you must drive more offensively then you may otherwise, if you dont, you dont get anywhere. And the pedestrians seem to think they are invulnerable! Just walk out not looking at all. Worse are the women with strollers. Baby first right out in the road! And then there are the insurance scammers ...etc etc

Im not sure if your example is how it would play out. Ive seen enough cars hit enough people and the cops seem to write the guy a ticket/summons. Im sure in case of death it may be different.

Either way it doesnt really matter. Your point is valid that in some cases you do want to show the police your evidence as soon as possible so as not to be unduly detained. Although in some cases the officer may not be the final word even if the evident exonerates you from all wrong doing.

Still, as my grandpa use to say, "If in doubt don't pull it out."

Back