Shadow GT680W

Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
330
Likes
1
Location
Curitiba
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
#1
hold your seat belts , An Frankenstein was born.



apparently specs makes me think its a Tiotech made monster no ?

GT680W Super High Definition Car DVR
Super Night Vision
FULL HD 1080p
2.7” 16:9 Widescreen Display
Advanced WDR Technology - Capture Light in Control
Six-Element Sharp Lens - Crystal-Clear Image
F1.6 Big Aperture – Super Low Light Performance
its support GPS

designer was partner of some thief i guess , whit this Steal me design.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
42,050
Likes
21,681
Location
Shenzhen, China - Sydney, Australia
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#2
GeorgesNJR said:
designer was partner of some thief i guess , whit this Steal me design.
Chinese designers, what can I say, I can't tell you how much re-educating I've been doing with our designer to get his head around doing an all black unit with no bling on it
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,410
Likes
6,293
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
#3
Hardware is all the same familiar from other series we know. THey changed only appearance, which is no good.
Instead of wasting tons of money on tooling / developing / producing new shell / case, - they could add this money into R&D of improving hardware components of existing successful design dash cams.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
42,050
Likes
21,681
Location
Shenzhen, China - Sydney, Australia
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#4
niko said:
Hardware is all the same familiar from other series we know. THey changed only appearance, which is no good.
Instead of wasting tons of money on tooling / developing / producing new shell / case, - they could add this money into R&D of improving hardware components of existing successful design dash cams.
this same hardware is in so many different housings now it's not funny, they're just trying to catch as many wholesale customers as they can by having different looking products to offer
 

JazzTalk

New Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
26
Likes
3
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
#5
GeorgesNJR said:
hold your seat belts , An Frankenstein was born.



apparently specs makes me think its a Tiotech made monster no ?

GT680W Super High Definition Car DVR
Super Night Vision
FULL HD 1080p
2.7” 16:9 Widescreen Display
Advanced WDR Technology - Capture Light in Control
Six-Element Sharp Lens - Crystal-Clear Image
F1.6 Big Aperture – Super Low Light Performance
its support GPS

designer was partner of some thief i guess , whit this Steal me design.
is it made by Tiotech?
 
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
69
Likes
12
Country
Mexico
#8
niko, the "gt300w or gt550w", which is the duration of the battery when disconnected from the car cigarette lighter? appreciate the data.
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
65
Likes
5
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
GT300W
#9
goku said:
niko, the "gt300w or gt550w", which is the duration of the battery when disconnected from the car cigarette lighter? appreciate the data.
~15-20 minutes.

The gt680w is now available at fox offer for 99,99$ and is said to offer better quality than gt300w. I asked fox offer for the dimensions for a size comparison to the ls300w/gt300w/gt550w and will post their answer here :).
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,410
Likes
6,293
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
#10
Produkttester said:
goku said:
niko, the "gt300w or gt550w", which is the duration of the battery when disconnected from the car cigarette lighter? appreciate the data.
~15-20 minutes.

The gt680w is now available at fox offer for 99,99$ and is said to offer better quality than gt300w. I asked fox offer for the dimensions for a size comparison to the ls300w/gt300w/gt550w and will post their answer here :).
Price of gt680w is truly tempting.
About gt300w battery life: I have ls300w, it's same as gt300w and ls300w battery lasted almost 30min when first bought half year ago. Now it lasts about 15-20min as you pointed out. It is normal for fairy budget devices to lose 30-40% of it's battery memory capacity over half year. I guess after another half year ( total 1y from new ) , I will be happy if it will hold 10min recording. All this is normal and nothing to complain. I guess if "they" would use high-end batteries with no or very little memory loss, - then end price of the dash cam would be higher. ( what you pay is what you get )
 

billknow

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Messages
413
Likes
279
Location
China Shenzhen
Country
China
Dash Cam
Mini 0805, Mini 0806, A118/A118C, G1W-C
#12
Sample night time video from Shadow:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,410
Likes
6,293
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
#13
Found some additional info / pictures from some Chinese web-sites.



I kinda start liking GT680W if taking into consideration it's size, then it is slightly smaller than Credit Card ( see below ).
Of course big lens housing makes dash camera slightly "scary", but silver paint can be DIY over-painted with matt black plasti-dip ( or any other paint for plastic ), so it will not be that noticeable from outside.
Because gt680w is in its early stage, I hope manufacturer realises "this flaw" with lens fascia silver colour and will change it to full black.




Next picture below whows that they are using 6-layers Glass lens and large CMOS 1/2.5, - this is considered very large size in dash camera world, but not yet known ( not confirmed ) what exact CMOS used.
ISO: 1/80 - 1/1600
Aperture of lens F1.6




Next picture describing CPU model used. It's written: A10S711KL, - so it is defenetly not A8S711KL which TioTech used to "cover up" NT96650
I guess A10S711KL is also "developed" by TioTech, but it would be interesting to discover what original brand CPU they were using there. Most likely it is Novatek model, next after NT96650 ?
The word "VOSONI" comes from Vosonic brand. There are at least 3 Vosonic models out there that are based on TioTech GT300W platform with same firmware and same casing design.
So this A10 CPU might be developed originally for Vosonic dash cameras, but now TIoTech sells them to other factories who puts together their own dash cams, like in this case Shadow Tec ( Seezeus ).

P.S. - about CPU-type I wrote above ( A10S711KL = next after NT96650 ? ): - this is all my guesses based on info collected from Chinese websites, so at the moment I would call it only speculation, until it not confirmed by independent source.



Below is picture from LS300W TioTech A8S711KL, which is Novatek NT96650 CPU. Now you see similarities with GT680W using A10S711KL ?
 

Attachments

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
42,050
Likes
21,681
Location
Shenzhen, China - Sydney, Australia
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#14
nice compact camera, shame the bracket is bigger than the camera, always a problem unfortunately and something that needs improving for all cams of this style
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,410
Likes
6,293
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
#15
Main unit size is very tempting, truly tiny for it's specs.
Original bracket is what makes whole dash cam set too big, but it looks like bracket socket is similar to DOD LS300W series, however it is not yet confirmed if it will fit with DOD LS300W-type brackets.

If sockets are the same fit, then can use much smaller size mount like those:

Original DOD mount:

much smaller ones:

 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
42,050
Likes
21,681
Location
Shenzhen, China - Sydney, Australia
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#16
yeah that's one of the advantages this Novatek solution has, only needs a single PC board so can be quite small, I have a sample of one here now in a similar design which is even smaller than this one
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,410
Likes
6,293
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
#17
jokiin said:
yeah that's one of the advantages this Novatek solution has, only needs a single PC board so can be quite small, I have a sample of one here now in a similar design which is even smaller than this one
Novatek has been proven to be one of the most popular and fairly reliable CPU-s within past half year in mid-class dash cameras. At least if firmware is tuned-up ( tailored ) properly, then we can see amazing results.

Do you know what "they" might hide under so called A10S711KL "they" advertise using in GT680W? What is the next Novatek CPU after NT96650 ?

Also I am interested to know from manufacturer what exact CMOS they are using, because 1/2.5" ( as advertised ) is not AR0330 ( 1/3" )
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
42,050
Likes
21,681
Location
Shenzhen, China - Sydney, Australia
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#18
niko said:
Do you know what "they" might hide under so called A10S711KL "they" advertise using in GT680W? What is the nest Novatek CPU after NT96650 ?

Also I am interested to know from manufacturer what exact CMOS they are using, because 1/2.5" ( as advertised ) is not AR0330 ( 1/3" )
I'm not sure what this one uses, the sample I have is with NT96650 and AR0330, could be the OV2710 CMOS maybe, that's another popular model that works well for night video, CPU is anyone's guess until someone gets a chance to have a look at it, they way they reprint them anything is possible
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
42,050
Likes
21,681
Location
Shenzhen, China - Sydney, Australia
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#20
niko said:
OV2710 is 1/3"
http://www.ovt.com/products/sensor.php?id=33

So we have to wait till more info surfaces regarding GT680W supposable using 1/2.5" CMOS ( or not ? )
just taking a guess while awake at 3am, can't really remember off the top of my head what else in that size, could be anything, possibly even a misprint, the AR0330 is by far the most popular on these cheap Novatek products, maybe they've found something cheaper though, that's pretty much their game plan, keep making things cheaper and cheaper
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

Top