Shadow GT680W

Yes, the larger in physical size i understand. The larger battery surface volume, - the more heat it attracts from surrounding components and environment, - this I understand.
But if physical size is same small like Mobius battery, however capacity is 4-5 times higher ( like Mobius 500mAh ), - how this might affect on "baking"?.

I wonder if gt680w could use Mobius battery ( 500mAh ) ? Size should fit.

I was referring to a battery being a larger physical size, larger capacity generally equates to larger physical size also, the battery pictured looks to be very small, I can't say I've seen any true 3.7v @ 500Mah batteries that are this small, perhaps there's more room than what it looks like in the photos though

My GT680W came with 2.5 fw . Is 2.2 a better version ? What is the loader and how to upgrade it ?

My GT680W came with 2.5 fw . Is 2.2 a better version ? What is the loader and how to upgrade it ?

If you ordered withoutn GPS antenna, then 2.2 is the right firmware.
If with GPS atnenna, then 2.4

read here:

I will recieve the new GPS antenna from FoxOffer. First GPS antenna does not work and freezes my dashcam.
Thank you !

Good move billknow, btw can the GT680W use the mounts from the LW300W/GT300W?

Good move billknow, btw can the GT680W use the mounts from the LW300W/GT300W?

Mount / bracket "clip / slide-in" part of GT680W is different size than GT-series, but can be DIY adjusted easily. However I must say suction and 3M brackets that comes are perfectly adopted to gt680w and I dont see any reason to change them to GT-series ones, they are even smaller in size.

However I must say suction and 3M brackets that comes are perfectly adopted to gt680w and I dont see any reason to change them to GT-series ones, they are even smaller in size.

It was more of a question of using already installed GT300W 3M mounts rather than changing them for no reason at all.

Who knows? What is the speed of new GPS module on the GT680W? I mean what is Hz ?
Speed accuracy? I mean what is GPS receiver navigation update rate ?
As I know latest new quick GPS modules has 5Hz speed …

Last edited:
Have received a reply today from Foxoffer saying that a new GPS module has been posted, I cannot fault Foxoffer support really quick to reply and get it sorted.

True to their word new GPS module arrived today, V2.4 FW installed, everything working fine now, Brilliant support from Foxoffer many thanks.
Billnick.

GT680W can protect maximum 10 files. Today I was trying to protect the 11th one but the file was deleted from sdcard. Fw version 2.4G. Anyone with same issue here ?

GT680W can protect maximum 10 files. Today I was trying to protect the 11th one but the file was deleted from sdcard. Fw version 2.4G. Anyone with same issue here ?

it needs to have limits, if you can't copy your files off before then you need to rethink how you manage things

Who knows? What is the speed of new GPS module on the GT680W? I mean what is Hz ?
Speed accuracy? I mean what is GPS receiver navigation update rate ?
As I know latest new quick GPS modules has 5Hz speed …

Yes its 5hz speed. Will be getting more in soon, great camera!

it needs to have limits, if you can't copy your files off before then you need to rethink how you manage things

There is 3,58 GB free space on sdcard . Why the file was deleted and it is not on sdcard... unprotected.

if it just let you keep on protecting files, what then, it would just get to the stage where it can't record and if you are unaware of this you may not have the protection you think you have, it is sensible to limit the amount of protected files at any time

@jokiin I understand the limit of 10 protected files. But I can not count the number of protected files while i'm driving. Think about it : you keep protect files and you don't know the number of them. If you protect more than 10 files , all of them will be deleted from the camera. I want to find them at the end of the day , on sdcard event unprotected....but I want them there. I think this is a bug that must be fixed

@jokiin I understand the limit of 10 protected files. But I can not count the number of protected files while i'm driving. Think about it : you keep protect files and you don't know the number of them. If you protect more than 10 files , all of them will be deleted from the camera. I want to find them at the end of the day , on sdcard event unprotected....but I want them there. I think this is a bug that must be fixed

it shouldn't delete the 11th file, that's a bug if that's what happened, it should have just refused to protect it, I don't see protecting 10 files in a day as typical usage though so I'd still expect they'd set a hard limit

if the camera is deleting files beyond 10 protected files then you should let your vendor know so they can feed this info back to the engineers to get a fix, if it's as you say then they should easily be able to replicate this and work out the problem

That's what I am talking about. The camera keep showing me that it protects files.
I am sure that FoxOffer read this :) . I hope this bug will be fixed with the next fw. I am very satisfied with GT680W. Many thanks for Foxoffer .

Back