Shadow GT680W

my cameras run at 200ma an hour so somewhere in that region which gives you say a rough minimum 4 hours per 1000ma at worst ....

Hi guys, I would like to buy GT680W best price was on joovuu.com but item is not available now. Do you know if they are planning to give it back in to the eshop?
thank you
best

Hi guys, I would like to buy GT680W best price was on joovuu.com but item is not available now. Do you know if they are planning to give it back in to the eshop?
thank you
best

Hi Palmexman,
Sorry we are not going to be stocking it. We were just clearing old stock. We'll be putting lots more of items onto sale on 28th December.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

What a shame, planning to buy my first came and GT680W seems to be adequate, hope you will have another cameras for nice prices.

Can you tell me what is the last hardware build? thx

I have just returned mine has its stopped working for a replacement so so they are all gone ????????????? i was happy with it the two days it worked as well
just my luck will not get another of that quality for the price now what?????????

I recently purchased one from JooVuu as a rear view camera and it seems pretty good for only £25 with free delivery and a very useful free anywhere flexible tripod (already used it with my Nikon).
The camera is currently using firmware v2.9 but there's no option to adjust the bitrate (quality) so it gobbles up your SD card at nearly 600mb per 5 mins :confused:
There's a v3.0 firmware from the manufacturers website... does this offer anything new?
P.S. I can't find any way of backing up the current firmware from this particular camera... any ideas?

I recently purchased one from JooVuu as a rear view camera and it seems pretty good for only £25 with free delivery and a very useful free anywhere flexible tripod (already used it with my Nikon).
The camera is currently using firmware v2.9 but there's no option to adjust the bitrate (quality) so it gobbles up your SD card at nearly 600mb per 5 mins :confused:
There's a v3.0 firmware from the manufacturers website... does this offer anything new?
P.S. I can't find any way of backing up the current firmware from this particular camera... any ideas?

Hello DeLorean,Pls PM your email box to me,I will contact supplier and send you the newest firmware for model GT680W .
Or I may provide the firmware to our shop owner to display in website or how,so people can download then.
Just now I found our supplier is offline,will chase on Monday then.
Joovuu.com

Last edited:
What a shame, planning to buy my first came and GT680W seems to be adequate, hope you will have another cameras for nice prices.

G50 maybe a relatively good budget dash camera at the moment but also with Full HD 1920X1080P,30FPS video resolution with Mini discreet size at VAT £37.00:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/new-products/168-joovuu-850.html
There should also have some voucher to get some discount off,you may have a try.

Hi everyone,
We will be stocking some good cameras at pretty low prices soon but as with all of our products we won't sell until we've tested. Any requests for car cameras please just let @JooVuu.allen know.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

You should get my returned camera tomorrow i sent it Saturday.

Hi roberthegreat,
That's great, did you use our free UK return label?

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Hi roberthegreat,
That's great, did you use our free UK return label?I printed the return form put that inside and paid the postage £2.80 did not see anything about free postage

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Hi everyone,
We will be stocking some good cameras at pretty low prices soon but as with all of our products we won't sell until we've tested. Any requests for car cameras please just let @JooVuu.allen know.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Yes,if anyone have reqirement for newer car cameras,action ,please kindly PM me

Hello @DeLorean
The newest firmware for this model is V3.0,which I have verified this point from our supplier just now.
If you may requre the firmware for GT680W,pls PM me (If possible,please kindly PM me your order number,it is just better for us to record the feedback status in future after-sales service)

Joovuu.com

Just PM'd you JooVuu.allen :D
I've already downloaded firmware v3.0 from www.shadow-tec.com but I'm reluctant to upgrade the camera as I can't find a way of backing up the current firmware and recovering the camera if I brick it.
What changes have been made in the v3.0 firmware?
The camera works well and is very stable, my only issue is the inability to choose a lower bit rate like my G90 which has 3 options.

Just tested Firmware 3.0
OK, what happens is, before hand (non GPS), was near impossible to get out of parking mode, by pressing Mode- now its good! (better) also Mode button operates as well as it was before in video mode for Mic on/off

Motion detection... must be GPS then? (none on this unit), so I set recording for 1 fps, it was recording as it was earlier- no probs!... unfortunately, I walked through rooms, expecting it to turn in to video mode- it did not...

As for other settings- no difference whatsoever! (I was hopeful to find option to have fps rating to have reduced from 30 to 15, (maintaining highest resolution), still the same... I'm sure when on a motorbike I'll go with 720p 60 fps setting for the quality of fast moving "movie", but as for car DVR- I wished to save space on SD card and maybe power consumption, by recording in 15 fps....
Ah well, no notable difference in between 2.9 and 3.0 firmware as much as I can tell so far, to be honest all is well, I'm still over the moon with both quality of GT680 and service from JOOVU! ;)

Last edited:
Cheers for the info BMbler :)
As v3.0 doesn't really offer anything over v2.9 (and I'm not having any problems) I'll probably stick with v2.9 for the moment.
For anyone wondering how you update the firmware on this camera:

Back