Shadow GT680W

could be that the version without gps is 12.25Kbps and GPS version is 15.25Kbps?.

I dont think so.
Probably first test bunch released to Chinese market had 12.5Mbps, but later developer upgraded firmware to 15Mbps to stay competitive with other similar series dash cams.

I have just ordered the GT680W plus GPS from foxoffer, hopefully it lasts longer than the Viofo GS8000.
Just wanted to give a bit of info to anyone else taking the plunge, use discount code FOD9U5 to receive $5 (£3.43) discount. This may not be a lot but it is better off in your pocket than Foxoffers.

Was doing some video tests on GT680W for past 2 days and at the moment I can confirm that bi-rate is 15Mbps !!!

Rest of review will be followed soon. Need time to put all info together.

I have just ordered the GT680W plus GPS from foxoffer, hopefully it lasts longer than the Viofo GS8000.
Just wanted to give a bit of info to anyone else taking the plunge, use discount code FOD9U5 to receive $5 (£3.43) discount. This may not be a lot but it is better off in your pocket than Foxoffers.

if you could upload a file (raw) better. would be appreciated, it would be safe to make a purchase knowing that GT680w foxoffer works at 15Kbps. by the way, how does the discount code?. Thank you cheekytrucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you could upload a file (raw) better. would be appreciated, it would be safe to make a purchase knowing that GT680w foxoffer works at 15Kbps. by the way, how does the discount code?. Thank you cheekytrucker.
It will take a couple of weeks for it to arrive, I will be using at night in my truck therefore will try to upload night footage when it arrives.
I believe Niko has already tested to 15Kbps
To use discount code...

Add your item to your cart
Go to Checkout
Sign in
Enter discount code where it says Discount....Redemption Code

Here are two quick 3min videos from GT680W I have made few days ago.

Day:
12420022.MOV (341.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!aY500CoB!B1OrBA0L7c724k-hdGlb6irPF_Ae71l98lrlO0Cpp-8

Night:
22130004.MOV (342.1 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!yUxQ3LrB!P81JZi3fZLzLMI_TRjPHiQ0oIRYbaYMf6ub_rHbDlXI

It will take a couple of weeks for it to arrive, I will be using at night in my truck therefore will try to upload night footage when it arrives.
To use discount code...

Go to Checkout
Sign in

Yes, tested and bit-rate is 15Mbps. Added raw video files to download ( look one post up ).
From first impression vs LS300W, I can say GT680W has same video quality ( if not better ? ), - but all conclusions can be made after all videos put together, - it taking a lot of time.

Thanks Niko, night time quality seems ok for the price £74.18 sterling, I am looking forward to receiving my camera.

Hi Niko, is your GT680W from Foxoffer, just wondering if I will receive the same camera.
cheers

Thanks Niko, night time quality seems ok for the price £74.18 sterling, I am looking forward to receiving my camera.

After I post side by side videos of gt680w vs ls300w, you see they have same day / night video quality.
Gt680w has wider FOV which can be good and bad depending on a situation but not that much significance.
Also size of gt680w is 1/3 smaller than ls300w-type dash cams.
Only thing for now i see can be different, is full matt black body, Instead of silver lens ring, but its an easy home diy job to cover with a black electrical tape or use plasti dip paint ( or similar paint ).

Niko, When you buy GT680W?
I made an order on September 24.
The next day, Foxoffer sent the parcel.
I'm waiting for my parcel...

Niko, When you buy GT680W?
I made an order on September 24.
The next day, Foxoffer sent the parcel.
I'm waiting for my parcel...

I think it was about 10 days ago when package was sent. Receivee on Friday 4 oct.
I used Express delivery 5-7 days. It cost more, but you get much quicker.
What postal service did you chose?

I chose the shipping via Hong Kong post. But because of problems with the batteries Foxoffer posted via Singapore post.
Today parcel imported into Russia. Now I wait until it comes to my city.

I chose the shipping via Hong Kong post. But because of problems with the batteries Foxoffer posted via Singapore post.
Today parcel imported into Russia. Now I wait until it comes to my city.

Yes, there are some difficulties with some postal companies not accepting goods with LIPO batteries.
Standard HK post takes usually 3 ( some time 4 ) weeks to arrive, depending on country and local customs services.
I think 2 weeks delivery to Russia by economy post is quite quick result.

Waiting for your tests and opinion aftet you receive it. Maybe even we might see some intetesting footage from you from your petsonal experience, because here is almost no action on the roads, very rare if you see some road rage, which is good from drivers point of view. Russia is different from what I watch on REN TV " Ekstrenyij Vyzov" ( emergency call out ) and "Doroznije Voiny" ( road wars ) on every work day ;)

To use discount code...

Go to Checkout
Sign in

thanks for the help, cheekytrucker

review and ask for 10 or 15 days in advance. foxoffer 'may take hold and later take them to process, your order could actually leave until the next visit to your country. not every day out a trip to our destination.

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/publications/despatche/index.htm

thanks for the videos niko.

thanks for the help, cheekytrucker

review and ask for 10 or 15 days in advance. foxoffer 'may take hold and later take them to process, your order could actually leave until the next visit to your country. not every day out a trip to our destination.

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/publications/despatche/index.htm

thanks for the videos niko.

You are welcome. It's only few quick video clips I posted on demand. I will post soon proper compilation and side by side tests with other dash cams from same category.

Back