Shadow GT680W

The GOOD news is foxoffer haven't sold many GT680W GPS version before, and will ship the new high quality GPS module for free to who get the defective one soon.
The new module has same quality as DOD LS330W gps module.

Foxoffer replied about how to ship it back.

About the freezes problem, I only heard this one unit got this problem, after received the returned camera, will send to manufacture to check.

The old version GPS module can work well in China, but have some problem in other countries.
So now Shadow plan to provide new high quality GPS module to overseas country, but still use old version module in China.

Busy season is coming, sometimes can not reply email so fast as before, I'd highly appreciate for your understand.
Thankyou /Billknow, Foxoffer have emailed me, I think that may have been down to you :)

Foxoffer replied about how to ship it back.

About the freezes problem, I only heard this one unit got this problem, after received the returned camera, will send to manufacture to check.

The old version GPS module can work well in China, but have some problem in other countries.
So now Shadow plan to provide new high quality GPS module to overseas country, but still use old version module in China.

Busy season is coming, sometimes can not reply email so fast as before, I'd highly appreciate for your understand.

hi billknow, any eta of the the all-black version of gt680w with the new gps at foxoffer? Being using dvr-007 for the past 4yrs till the mount got melted 2wks back, at the sametime, discovered the bloated battery cell that can't charge at all. Guess it's time to upgrade this cam.

Mine locks on OK, it just keeps positioning me in the middle of the north sea! and the longitude reads W instead of E on the video.

Here is a screen capture of a video from my GT680W, as you can see from the map i am positioned in the middle of the north sea, the Longitude in the bottom right of the screen is reading W3.510, THIS IS WRONG the Longitude reading E.3.510 in the white box IS CORRECT. I am using v2.2 camera firmware and DATAKAM V5.4.0.0
could this have anything to do with the GPS module or is it a software problem?
gt680.jpg

there's some settings in Regsitrator Viewer to swap the GPS co-ordinates, have you looked at changing any of these settings to see if it gets it displaying correctly?

there's some settings in Regsitrator Viewer to swap the GPS co-ordinates, have you looked at changing any of these settings to see if it gets it displaying correctly?
Hi Jokiin,
Yes i got in touch with Vadim and he suggested i try altering the co-ordinates which i did to the best of my ability but it did not rectify position, whether or not i was doing it correctly i don't know.

Hi!
A few days ago
I received the Shadow GT680W GPS version from foxoffer
I live in Thailand and tested
The Dashcam works well but the GPS Module can not be locked
I tried to put it outside my car But it did not received any signal
I contact the support team foxoffer by e-mail for the problems
They will send a new GPS module soon
They told that, it is high quality and provided by DOD
it should be work well in Thailand,
today the new module is shipped
I hope it will work as well
Thanks the great support team foxoffer

Last edited:
I have found that mine locks on to the satellite instantly if i have the GPS module outside on the roof.

I think i spoke to soon, satellite will not lock on, either inside or outside of the car, video is still excellent but no GPS now.

Same here... My GPS never locked on since day 1.

Fox Offer Support is wonderful and gave full support and replied fast to my emails.

They have shipped out the new GPS module to me, and once I get it and try it, I will post here to update all of the progress... Thanks Fox Offer Support! ;):)

Hope your new gps module works so i can also ask for a replacement. Other tgan that its a great dask cam, I would say best from nt96550 + ar0330 range considering size, video quality and performance ( except gps wgich hope they will sort out soon ). I will be posting soon full review on it.

Same here... My GPS never locked on since day 1.

Fox Offer Support is wonderful and gave full support and replied fast to my emails.

They have shipped out the new GPS module to me, and once I get it and try it, I will post here to update all of the progress... Thanks Fox Offer Support! ;):)
Same here... Fox is shipping out a new GPS module for me and also asked me to update the firmware to v2.4G.
Will wait for the new GPS unit and provide feedback later :)

Same here... Fox is shipping out a new GPS module for me and also asked me to update the firmware to v2.4G.
Will wait for the new GPS unit and provide feedback later :)

Yes, at least the both of us will know either the GPS satellites didn't come over our side or the GPS module is really kaput! :rolleyes:

I just register myself to thank you guys about this topic

I've read almost all the posts and I was between DOD LS430W and the GT680W, I've found a price of about 177$ including shipping and I was still searching for something better because I'll get three units(one for me, one for my bro and one for my father). But I believe DOD would be the best option as it doesn't have any gps issues and it's an AIO pack, no need for external cable-gps module.

anyways thanks again, keep up with the topic :D

This morning, I received the new GPS module for GT680W
Thanks the foxoffer support team for very fast delivery
and tonight I have a time
I tested
The camera works well as ever
but the new GPS module could not lock any signal all the time
Tomorrow if I have a free time
I will try to upgrade the firmware version is 2.4G
And test it again
gt680w2013.11.11.jpg

I tested both Dashcams with GPS Module simultaneously
one is my new dashcams GT550WS
the camera work very well
it can lock GPS signal the beginning of the test to finish
i am so happy
gt550ws2013.11.11.jpg

time not to see you guys. 15 days have passed since I bought my GT680 of foxoffer sent by singapore post, (the next order it by UPS or similar) now just sit and wait. greetings.

I tested
Tomorrow if I have a free time
I will try to upgrade the firmware version is 2.4G
And test it again
The new GPS module can only work with the latest firmware, please upgrade to V2.4G.
Look forward to see your test result.

This morning, I received the new GPS module for GT680W
Thanks the foxoffer support team for very fast delivery
and tonight I have a time
I tested

i've asked DOD and they said the GPS module is only used for DOD product.
so, GT680W's GPS is not same with DOD's.
i cannot understand why Shadow always says their products are same with DOD's.
should stop cheatting and think how to build brand image

i've asked DOD and they said the GPS module is only used for DOD product.
so, GT680W's GPS is not same with DOD's.
i cannot understand why Shadow always says their products are same with DOD's.
should stop cheatting and think how to build brand image

who's cheating, me or shadow tech?

Back