Shadow GT880S build-in GPS logger

I just love how they make the front of the camera look like the front grill of a Mercedes Benz car, even going so far as putting the 3 point star around the lens. :rolleyes:

What function does OBD2 device does ?

I meant what functions obd2 brings to gt880s dashcam?

I meant what functions obd2 brings to gt880s dashcam?

I'm assuming there is some kind of bluetooth connection and it displays all your cars info on the dashcam screen.

yCCsIBA.png

I'm assuming there is some kind of bluetooth connection and it displays all your cars info on the dashcam screen.

yCCsIBA.png

I would say it would just be cabled, no need to go to the expense of Bluetooth when the camera needs a power cable anyway, they can pull power for the camera from the ODB port also

Displaying ( for view ) a car info on display of dashcam is useless, because in majority dashcam mounted behind rearview mirror.
The only few OBD2 related info that is usefull for dashcam are similar to what Lukas and some other Korean brands do:

- turn signal
- brake
- speed
- RPM
- gear

Those figures must be not only displayed, but also saved on video file / footage.

If it does save the data in the metadata then that could be useful - I'm guessing it's still the Novatek and Aptina combo like the GT680W or did they go with the Sony sensor?

It looks similar size wise as the LS300 / 430 / 460 / GT550 candy bar?

Have you got any ideas of price of this one please @billknow?

The problem with ANY OBD2 connections is that only certain data (and power/ground) is "universal" between all cars that are OBD2 compliant. The other data is proprietary to the manufacturer, if it is even available on the CANBUS network (the necessary sensors need to be in place to even have the data available). Wikipedia has a page listing everything that is available on the OBD2 port:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs
turn signals, brake and gear are not universal; speed and engine RPM are so those could be pulled and the data imbedded into the video meta-data. This is why only some vehicles are supported by Lukas, that have managed to figure out that data and make it available. All of this is somewhat academic anyway as Niko pointed out the screen of the front camera is usually behind the rear view mirror anyway.

They've got some info on this up on the website now - I may not be understanding it correctly but sounds like it has a parking mode and it's wired into the OBD port so that it knows when the car is started and stopped.

Here's the Google translated blurb:
The world's first OBD tachograph GT880S listing!
Shadow world GT880S Xijie Si Technology Co., Ltd. of Shenzhen City, spent a year and a half successfully developed, integrated auto parts market and consumer demand and research and development, this section tachograph by car OBD interface, power supply, while the host reads the car part of the tachograph information display screen (commonly known as the car computer), and the OBD is shadow world exclusive design and development, OBD has a parking monitor switch is a switch, use the OBD interface when the power when the car stalled when parking, driving record instrument will not power, day and night waiting for your car, while this function when starting, stopping, then a long, tachograph will automatically detect the battery voltage of the car, when the battery voltage is lower than the car starting voltage, tachograph will automatically shut down to stop work in order to ensure that the car can normally start. When you do not want to open the parking monitoring function can pull switch to OFF on the line, parking stall when the tachograph will automatically shut down, this is a humane, reliability, security, the tachograph, the global industry first.

And then the specs:
* FULL HD 1080P high immersive video
* 2.7-inch high-definition display screen
* WDR nighttime brightness and resolution of the world's first
* The use of six senior coated glass lenses, the details more clearly
* F1.6 large aperture - the world's first night of image quality ultrahigh
* Exclusive appearance patent
* Leading OBD car computer functions
* License plate input watermark recordkeeping functions
* Parking guard recording function
* Parking surveillance video function
* GPS mobile track record
* GPS speeding alerts
* GPS screen saver display
* OBD vehicle information display function
* GPS positioning speed video watermark display function
* Custom anti-fatigue driving function
* SOS emergency lock file function
* When the G-sensor collision protection function automatically archives
* Motion detection recording
* Loop recording; display time and date
* Sound on / off function
* Car to start automatic recording function
* Supports up to 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card

They've got some info on this up on the website now - I may not be understanding it correctly but sounds like it has a parking mode and it's wired into the OBD port so that it knows when the car is started and stopped.:
There is ground and 12 V + available in the OBD plug that does not go off when the ignition is turned off always on, straight to the battery. It would be very easy to tap this as the power source for a camera so you could have an easy parking mode hookup. The camera would need to have a voltage cutoff to keep the battery from going below the point of starting the car, which from the translation it sounds like they may have incorporated into the cam.

Tons of pictures with Chinese description can find from HERE.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T GT880S 0
reverend GT880S 0
USDashCamera GT880S 0
Spyman99 GT880S 6
reverend GT880S 20
Back