Shadow New GPS module

I see. Ok - back to 2.7 then.. I'll update it back to 2.7 and be more patient for the first lock. I think I'm done for tonight though.

I appreciate it! :D

Spent twenty minutes on 2.7 w/GPS face up.
Spent twenty minutes on 2.7 w/GPS face down.
Spent twenty minutes on 2.6 w/GPS face up.
Spent twenty minutes on 2.6 w/GPS face down.

No GPS under any condition. Very disappointed in my very first camera. Going to return it.

contact the seller, it might just be a faulty GPS module

also check to make sure you are using the correct firmware version, there are different versions for this camera depending on which camera you have, black silver, black with printing, black with no printing and which GPS module you have, the version numbers don't differentiate them, stupid naming convention not to do that but something to be aware of

I have noticed that the satellite symbol in the LCD display is yellow for the old GPS-receiver & blue for the new one. Atleast on my RX300 cameras.

Billknow, regarding the Shadow "GPS"-receivers. Is this a Navstar-GPS only receiver, or a GNSS receiver?

Billknow, regarding the Shadow "GPS"-receivers. Is this a Navstar-GPS only receiver, or a GNSS receiver?
Sorry, I don't know about this, hope someone can give an answer.

Dear billknow , Can you send me a FW for GT550WS for old GPS ?
My camera just arrived from repair , but it is the new version ,with FW 2,6G ,and with blue sign of GPS on screen , and it is not get the position from my GPS ,with previously worked fine with old camera...

hi, I bought RX300 with GPS module from foxoffer but my GPS module doenst work. My cam version is V2.5G, what should i do?
I tried in car and outdoor but it doesnt work. I have noticed that the satellite symbol in the LCD display is blue and it is flashing like searching.

I tried v2.3 and it doesnt work. (my old version v2.5g)
the satellite symbol in the LCD display was blue when my version v2.5g but now this satellite symbol is yellow. And how can I turn my old version (v2.5g) or newer version?
thanks

I have same problem.no gps signal. all the time gps icon is flashing, with or without gps antenna connected !

by the way, my version is silver gt680w.

I have the silver gt680w and have just replaced my old GPS unit with the new GPS unit, it would not work with V2.4 Firmware, I contacted Foxoffer who sent me V3.5 to test, I tried this and it worked i also had tried V2.7 whilst i was awaiting a reply from Foxoffer, (who were very fast to send me the updated firmware), So to sum things up my silver GT680W and the new GPS unit works with either V2.7 or V3.5 Versions of firmware, hope this information might be helpful to anyone having problems.

NEW GPS UNIT (picture borrowed from Billknow, hope you dont mind)
img_6106-jpg.4775

Regards Billnik

Last edited by a moderator:
billnick - Please post the link for V3.5. I just purchased my second all black GT680W via E-Prance on Amazon that has FW V3.5. My "spare" gps module purchased one year ago due to a hiccup works on the first unit with FW V2.7, but does not work with the new unit. I'm going to try V2.7, but I would like the file for V3.5 in case I need to return to the original firmware and purchase a compatible GPS. Thanks

I have same problem.no gps signal. all the time gps icon is flashing, with or without gps antenna connected !

If the symbol is flashing without the module plugged in, that is a different issue that may be contributing to the problem. I'm using FW v2.7 on my first all black GT680W and the icon flashes yellow for a few then quickly locks. Here is the link foxoffer provided me for FW2.7:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/gt680w/Shadow_GT680W_full_black_v2.7G_FW.zip

Hope it helps.

billnick - Please post the link for V3.5. I just purchased my second all black GT680W via E-Prance on Amazon that has FW V3.5. My "spare" gps module purchased one year ago due to a hiccup works on the first unit with FW V2.7, but does not work with the new unit. I'm going to try V2.7, but I would like the file for V3.5 in case I need to return to the original firmware and purchase a compatible GPS. Thanks

Please check your personal messages.
regards billnik.

I tried v2.3 and it doesnt work. (my old version v2.5g)
the satellite symbol in the LCD display was blue when my version v2.5g but now this satellite symbol is yellow. And how can I turn my old version (v2.5g) or newer version?
thanks

For my conundrum above, I tried to load V2.7G per link above, but the firmware didn't load. I found V3.0G at http://www.shadow-tec.com/Download.asp which loaded in a blink, but still same issue. Then loaded V2.4G from https://dashcamtalk.com/gt680w/#Firmware in a blink and the gps locked before I could see the icon flash. The icon is now yellow instead of blue. Who'da thunk. I'm also surprised the new unit looks exactly like my all black first unit, but wouldn't take V2.7G, which is specifically required. Here is the link to my new "all black" GT680W: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00HDCC8LM
So, is my "older" all black with GPS and V2.7 an oddball or is my new "all black" that came with V3.5 that works with the prior GPS module using V2.4 the odd ball? This is my fourth dash cam and each one truly requires patience.

Back