Shadow New GPS module

billknow

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Mini 0805, Mini 0806, A118/A118C, G1W-C
Below is new shadow GPS module, inside is same as old version.
The old version is looks same as DOD GPS module, this one looks different..

IMG_6106.JPG IMG_6108.JPG

Is it a good idea to have a angled connector? I think it is quite tight between the Power & GPS connectors on the RX300. Do you have a picture of a RX300 with both power & gps leads connected?
I have my third RX300 on it's way to me from you at Foxoffer, so maybe I will have the new style GPS this time.

Is it possible to get the new housing as spare part?

Lucky for sellers like Foxoffer to share this info, if it were left up to Shadow/Seazeus I'm not sure how people would find out

now to see if it performs as well !

So, I believed I also received new GPS module, but it looks nothing like this. It has 2.5 mm connector instead of the old 3.5 mm one, but the shape it totally different. Is it confirmed we can't use this new firmware with older GPS module? My module is also 5Hz. This is complete mess on SeeZeus part, so many different GPS modules, so many different Firmwares even for one exactly the same camera... people in Asia are receiving 2.5G while everybody else has 2.3G. The only difference is 2.5G is for Asian market (that's the exact answer I've got from tech support at SeeZeus). Crazy, I have no clue which firmware should I download and upgrade to now, this is a mess.

It really is - I have the black camera with logos and the 2nd revision of the module and 2.6g is the latest for that (or was two weeks ago!) according to Shadow!

Now a memory, I had nothing but issues with gps. Updated the firmware and tried all I could imagine. Finally berated FoxOffer to send a new module. Due to shipping snafu delays, I lost patience and ordered a new one from a US retailer. Tried it on the dash and no problems, stuck it to the windshield and problems are back. As a last ditch effort, I flipped the module to the opposite side facing out to the sky with the recess for the pre-cut mounting tape facing the inside of the car, seemingly opposite to intention. Works perfect. Then a week later, the replacement from FoxOffer arrived. I now have two spares.

When you consider the memory chip costs 20% of the entire camera, they're a bargain. I suspect dash cam popularity will grow quickly in the US and we'll have some growing pains along the way.

Below is new shadow GPS module, inside is same as old version.
The old version is looks same as DOD GPS module, this one looks different..

View attachment 4775 View attachment 4776

bill know, your shadow the gt680w with the module "gps" but does not work, I have the firware version 2.2 as I do to update to the latest and you know where I could provide or the latest version of frware? I would appreciate thanks and best regards.

For silver GT680W, don't use V2.7 firmware, it is only for the version of the new GPS module.

Totally new here. I just my GT680W yesterday and started looking at it today. It is my first camera.

It came with the GPS module pictured above, and firmware version 2.7G. It's the full black camera. I'm getting no GPS data at all.

I tried updating the firmware with the YTX000FW.bin file; but that doesn't seem to help.

Do I have bad firmware? Or a bad GPS module?

Should there be extra files? All that shows up on the memory card is the .mov. When GPS is working, is there any indication on the LCD screen? I've used a Garmin before, so I know sometimes it takes some time to find a satellite, but I had it running in my driveway for over 5 minutes, and I'm not getting anything.

Any help/advice you all can offer would be much appreciated! -Thank you!

I've tried right-side up, upside-down, and holding it vertically!

It will work one way and not the other, first time lock can take 15 minutes or more also

Ok. Maybe I need to be more patient then. I was only trying in my driveway, and a quick run to the store, but not longer than 15 minutes in the car.

I tried the firmware again and it says V2.6G. From what I've read on here, that's the version more people tend to like. The first time I tried updating, I left the .bin file on the memory card - so I think it was kind of reformatting/trying to update every time I turned it on. I think you're supposed to delete the .bin file after it updates the first time!

So if I do get a GPS lock - is there an indicator on the screen? Thanks again!!

It's not a matter of which firmware people like the most, it needs to be the one that matches your hardware version and the GPS version you have, they're not all the same and not interchangeable

Back