Shadow RX300

IBM

Reaction score
Country
Uzbekistan
New model RX300 came from Seezeus

Last edited:
Last week new model RX300 was released in Hong-Kong fair.
It seems CMOS and lens will be same like GT680W, but function will be more.
Angle lens 160 degree.

Attachments

• 675-白色-2.jpg
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 56
  • RX300.png
    RX300.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 89
  • RX300支架.jpg
    RX300支架.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 102
  • RX300支架1.jpg
    RX300支架1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 89
Looks like at least they got rid of the attention-seeking bling-chrome parts around the lens in GT680W, but instead they added six useless LED lights around the lens :/

I swear it's the dumbest idea, I still haven't worked out why they keep doing this

Maybe with using 6 leds they hoping to hit two birds in one shot: local market where locals still believe in "night vision", and internationl market where people used to cover those leds or dont use them at all knowing they are useless? But they dont think that having leds, this puts off many potential western buyers from even taking time to read the specs. On the paper specs are great and maybe this is truly good dash cam, but seeing ir leds i am as a buyer instantly closing windows and moving to other products pages.

yeah I don't know if they had this one there, I did stop at the Seezeus booth but didn't see this, the pics are only a drawing so maybe it's not ready yet, like all the others though they just keep slapping the same internals in new housings to try and give some appeal to a different market

Just got sample video from RX300.
Here info from MediaInfo:

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 228 MiB
Duration : 2mn 0s
Overall bit rate : 15.9 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 14.7 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.237
Stream size : 211 MiB (93%)
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Little
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : sowt
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 512 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 7.32 MiB (3%)
Language : English
It seems bit rate same as GT680W - 15(14.7) Mbps . Video is good.

Attachments

• RX300 day.MOV_snapshot_01.45_[2013.10.18_12.10.14].jpg
    RX300 day.MOV_snapshot_01.45_[2013.10.18_12.10.14].jpg
    310 KB · Views: 46
It will be released before the end of this month.

yeah I don't know if they had this one there, I did stop at the Seezeus booth but didn't see this, the pics are only a drawing so maybe it's not ready yet, like all the others though they just keep slapping the same internals in new housings to try and give some appeal to a different market
Seezeus told me 6 leds light is only for let the camera looks beautiful.

Seezeus told me 6 leds light is only for let the camera looks beautiful.

We don't want beautiful, we want discreetness. Whoever made that decision to make it looks beautiful should be sacked.

We don't want beautiful, we want discreetness. Whoever made that decision to make it looks beautiful should be sacked.

Its a Chinese thing, took me a while to retrain our designer that what was 'beautiful' wasn't going to work in other markets

I'm sure he thinks I'm mad with our all black bling free designs

Is there any time frame for your new cams Jokiin? :)

We have a small production run coming soon, just a trial run for some beta testers, some software stuff to go through and any hiccups we find in the process before we do the mass production

Just finished some trade shows this week and am a bit beat right now but will be posting details in the next few days of what's coming

With regards to software - are you going to have a Mac OSX Viewer?

not anytime soon, haven't found a developer that can do one as yet, reality is even on Windows there aren't many devs that can write a good viewer, I would like something that can run on Linux and OSX as well though

Although I don't use it only a daily basis anymore I've used various flavors of Linux myself since about 1998 or thereabouts, maybe earlier I don't recall, it's a platform I'd like to support, supporting OSX would be beneficial from a marketing perspective but I'd still prefer a Linux version more so, even though it really has little recognition from a marketing perspective, ironic really how little it is recognised when you consider how many devices in everyday use are running embedded *nix based operating systems

New picture for RX300, will be available in 6 to 10 days, use high quality Taiwan GPS module.
RX300-1.jpg RX300-2.jpg RX300-5.jpg

RX300 Quick show. The new feature is parking guard, i will test it in detail see how it works.

Have any one test parking mode? i test it can't play file that record with this function.

Last edited:
We opted to not carry this model... IR Led lights and same thing different box makes it a hard sell in Canada.
Gt680w black version is much nicer.

Back