Shaky video on A119 V2

• Thread starter Deleted member 31698
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31698

I cannot seem to fix the shaky video in my A119 V2 (With GPS mount).
I added 2 layers already of the foam supplied with the camera - didn't help.
I tried to tip mentioned here (adding a zip cable) :

But the video is just horrible especially at night (see for example):

The seller suggested I would send him the camera back for replacement but as I see I'm not the only one suffering from this issue and I'm afraid nothing will be solved and I wouldn't have a camera in the meantime.

Does anyone have a solution to offer?

From the video, it appears your lens is shaking left and right. My guess is your lens is too loose in the lens housing. No amount of EVA foam will help with that. Take your finger and move the lens left and right. How easy does it move?

Reactions: gse
yeah the lens looks loose.

The first video, which was already posted in this forum, is fake because camera was not completely inserted into the mount.
Check if you inserted the camera completely into the mount. And then check what CYA is suggesting is his post.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have A119 V1 and completely fixed a "gap" problem with zip tie, like in video. Camera now even standing straighter. Like others already mentioned, you probably have problem with lens, like this guy:

I have an S version 2 and to fix the very sensitive audio and vibration I put a small clear sliver of plastic opposite the springs covering the serial number and the vibration is gone

It does seems like the problem is with the lens it self as I made a "test" and moved it to the side way completely. In this form there were no shaking like when it was in the center but obviously this isn't a solution.
I can send the camera back to the seller for a replacement but trying to avoid it if there would be a worthy solution. I ordered a CPL cover so maybe it will help in somehow (by filling the gaps but I'm not sure).
Any other solution?

Thank you all for trying to help.
Your best solution is to exchange the camera with the seller. However, if that is not practical for you due to cost, there is a fairly easy fix. I assume you have the V2 version and your camera came with EVA foam pads?
The lens/holder/sensor mounts into a plastic housing. This housing then slips into a larger plastic housing. The smaller housing is what moves left and right in the larger housing. If you cut a small piece of the EVA foam pad and stick it on top or bottom of the smaller housing, it will fill the gap between the smaller and larger housing, stopping this shaking. You can put one on top and bottom if need be, but I would start with one, as you only need to fill a very small gap.
Be very careful when opening the camera. The lens assembly is spring loaded as part of the clicking mechanism. As you remove the back, start at the lens side and once you have opened that side about 4-5mm, hold the lens with one hand so that the parts don't go flying. Look at how the parts go together so that you can put them back correctly. You will need to remove the ribbon cable from the main board. Simply lift the black tab where the cable enters the mount (it lifts straight up). When you put the cable back, it's important that the black tab be all the way open or the cable will not slide in properly. The plastic housing is held together by clips. You will need to pry it apart (gently). I have posted some picture to help.
FYI, opening the camera will most likely void your warranty. A119.JPG A119LenHousing.JPG A119LensAssembly.JPG

Back