Shall I buy the viofo a119v3

If you use A119v3 with the GPS mount, the time coming from the GPS data (corrected for the set timezone) overrides the time setting of the camera.

I'd just use the mini usb to boot up the dash cam and record basically then... Im probably too used to charging my ****ty nextbase 422gw every few days LOL

I'd just use the mini usb to boot up the dash cam and record basically then... Im probably too used to charging my ****ty nextbase 422gw every few days LOL
All you need to do is to check the video recordings maybe once a month just to make sure it is working, other than that it is maintenance free.
Some people recommend formatting the card occasionally too, although I never bother.

I hear some ppl saying that those parking mode files triggered by a motion detection are recorded as protected and never get overwritten after that, so may eventually clog up your card. So, the manual cleanup is required periodically.
I can not confirm that.

I hear some ppl saying that those parking mode files triggered by a motion detection are recorded as protected and never get overwritten after that, so may eventually clog up your card. So, the manual cleanup is required periodically.
I can not confirm that.
They are in their own/separate loop cycle.

I've rarely formatted mine either. I just cut/paste my files to PC when I know I've covered about 8 to 10 hours. Then when I know they've been backed up to my 4Tb external drive the older ones get deleted if the route has been covered more recently.

Then about twice a year I manually delete older duplicate routes from the backup drive.

I have used the Viofo A119 v3 for 4 months now, fully happy with purchase.
Some important details were hard to find, for me, pre purchase.

- Parking mode is over hyped, most dash am users do not demand it.
- Use of parking mode on the A119 usually requires hard wire power from fuse box or other ”hot” source. And will invoke car battery capacity concerns. I do not bother.
-The super capacitor is good, but does not supply parking mode power, only transitional power of under a minute for shut down and glitches in 12v power supply.
- After first morning startup, the gps speed and location start recording on image frame after gps aquire, about a minute. Near instantaneous gps reaquire for rest of day.
- Most dashcam users with access to a device with either usb or SD slot do not need bluetooth or wifi connectivity. If needed, there is the A129 pro on the market for twice the price.
- My 128G card stores last 10 hrs of driving at 1440p. For reasonable number of files, mine are stored in 5 minute lengths.
- So you know, iPads and iPhones read usb and usb card slot thingys just great if you purchase the $40 port adapter from an apple store.

Last edited:
If you are asking about the A119 V3, then it does not have a battery, so does not need charging...

I think it actually needs a good charge once every 6 months to keep the clock going, but as long as it gets some use in the car you don't need to worry about that.
A good, full charge of the capacitor should take about one second.

The good charge of the capacitor should take about one second.
No, I think it is more like 6 hours for the clock, it is definitely a slow charge device.

The main capacitors will also take a lot more than 1 second, they store far more power than the power supply or cables could deliver in 1 second.l

The polarizing filter has an up and down, the wide end slot needs to be up, just found that out this morning as the filter started slipping down.

I have used the Viofo A119 v3 for 4 months now, fully happy with purchase.

- Parking mode is over hyped, most dash am users do not demand it.
- Use of parking mode on the A119 usually requires hard wire power from fuse box or other ”hot” source. And will invoke car battery capacity concerns. I do not bother.
-The super capacitor is good, but does not supply parking mode power, only transitional power of under a minute for shut down and glitches in 12v power supply.
- After first morning startup, the gps speed and location start recording on image frame after gps aquire, about a minute. Near instantaneous gps reaquire for rest of day.
- Most dashcam users with access to a device with either usb or SD slot do not need bluetooth or wifi connectivity. If needed, there is the A129 pro on the market for twice the price.
- My 128G card stores last 10 hrs of driving at 1440p. For reasonable number of files, mine are stored in 5 minute lengths.
- So you know, iPads and iPhones read usb and usb card slot thingys just great if you purchase the $40 port adapter from an apple store.
I have an sd card reader for my phone USB c for my huawei p30 pro and also a phot fast lighting port sd card adapter too for my ipad

Hi nigel thanks for the reply, I have WiFi/Bluetooth connection on my nextbase 422gw but never use beciase half the time it doesn't connect! There's viofo direct off amazon or an vifo re seller from the UK not sure who would be more reliable if I did buy it
It appears that amazon are not selling it direct themselves any more as I can only see that the vender is selling them but have good feedback

It appears that amazon are not selling it direct themselves any more as I can only see that the vender is selling them but have good feedback
I don't think Amazon ever were, it was being sold by Viofo fulfilled by Amazon, which was good enough.

Now it appears that MycrocamUK is running the Viofo Amazon UK shop, still fulfilled by Amazon, quite likely that was always the case behind the scenes. You could always contact Viofo to check if this is a good purchase route for UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07RXQLV5C

I don't think Amazon ever were, it was being sold by Viofo fulfilled by Amazon, which was good enough.

Now it appears that MycrocamUK is running the Viofo Amazon UK shop, still fulfilled by Amazon, quite likely that was always the case behind the scenes. You could always contact Viofo to check if this is a good purchase route for UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07RXQLV5C

@viofo
Is the listed seller above (MycrocamUK) your authorized Amazon UK source now?

Phil

I have used the Viofo A119 v3 for 4 months now,

Thanks, I did not know an iPhone could ever read a card and therefore needed a wireless download (very slow).

A SD card reader, like mine, generic, costs about $10, plugs into any usb port, like whats on the ipad port adapter. plenty fast enough for seamless realtime playback. Not sure if it matters, I’d get the port adapter version that also accepts lighting cable power.

Last edited:
I have bought the Viofo A119 V3 and I am VERY disappointed in it.

I had the A119S, so this is not my first dashcam or my first Viofo.

My A119 V3 has much better clarity of number plates on the left side compared to the right side. If only the right worked like the left :(

Attached are photos off the same film clip. On the left side I can read numberplates beautifully. However the right it seems to suffer from worse focus and a high amount of sharpening even though the numberplate on the right is a bit closer to the camera.

As such its difficult to read numberplates on the right side.

In fact the left side is far better than my old A119S, while the right side is slightly worse!!

I am using 2560X1440P at 30FPS. There is no sharpening setting on the V3. Image quality is on the highest setting.

I have raised this with Viofo and they claim there is nothing wrong.

Anyone else having poor image problems with the A119 V3???

Attachments

• Right Snapshot.jpg
    Right Snapshot.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Right numberplate.JPG
    Right numberplate.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Left snapshot.jpg
    Left snapshot.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Left numberplate.jpg
    Left numberplate.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 39
you should try and get the same captures on a better day ( full tilt sunshine )
Also the car on the left is parked, and the car on the right are oncoming, so you are comparing ( On the left / your speed + target with no speed VS On the right / your speed + target speed ) so it is not quite fair, but i think on a optimal day you will see no difference.
If it is a focus issue with the lens you should try and obtain static footage of something where you have detailed things at different distances to the car.

I have bought the Viofo A119 V3 and I am VERY disappointed in it.

I had the A119S, so this is not my first dashcam or my first Viofo.

My A119 V3 has much better clarity of number plates on the left side compared to the right side. If only the right worked like the left :(

Attached are photos off the same film clip. On the left side I can read numberplates beautifully. However the right it seems to suffer from worse focus and a high amount of sharpening even though the numberplate on the right is a bit closer to the camera.

As such its difficult to read numberplates on the right side.

In fact the left side is far better than my old A119S, while the right side is slightly worse!!

I am using 2560X1440P at 30FPS. There is no sharpening setting on the V3. Image quality is on the highest setting.

I have raised this with Viofo and they claim there is nothing wrong.

Anyone else having poor image problems with the A119 V3???
Upload the original daytime video to a file hosting service, not YouTube, the sun is behind.

Back