Sharing video footage ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I've created a new thread for this, as I was seeing myself starting to ask numerous different question under unrelated thread titles.

All my video footage seems to be in 20 second segments, I have been experimenting on how to share these clips. WhatsApp says they are unsupported , Gmail says it exceeds the 25mb limit, so how do people typically send or share video footage ?

via youtube, where if you choose you can have your video private, so only the ones you give the link to the video can see it,,,,,, and share it if they pass your link on.
You can of course also share the video as a file, but then people have to download and then watch it, and i dont think thats as popular, BUT ! file share options are - G-drive that come with google if you have a account with them - microsoft also have a similar build in feature if you are signed up with microsoft or have a live mail adress ( formerly known as hotmail ) and there are file share sites like mega.nz

PS. if your video are just in 20 second segments, that's wrong, or maybe due to you using G.sensor while driving and it is set too sensitive, in which case it trigger all the time.
You should not use G-sensor or motion detect while driving, G- sensor you can used while parked, motion detect too, but always a lot of motion near a parked car in pubic so that generate a lot of events, so motion detect are generally advised against.

What camera do you have ?

I have the dual F200. It's hardwired and I use the parking mode. Are you saying my video footage clips should be longer ? If so, how do I change this ? As it is, it's still recording everything, albeit in lots of clips of 20 seconds....as long as it's recording I'm happy, but if having longer clips is better, I'd rather change the appropriate setting.

All 'Continuous' video files should be 1 minute long (unless you have turned off the ignition part way through a clip).

As said 20 second videos are 'Incidents' picked up by the G-sensor whilst driving or Parked.

There isn't a Setting to change this. It either has a camera fault (very unlikely from experience) or it's losing an Ignition Supply whilst driving so it thinks you have parked and it's going into Motion Detection mode and as you are driving will create lots of Motion events. The only other time i have had issues similar to this is if a non compatible card (or a fake card) is being used?

Do you hear the camera say 'Continuous recording started' shortly after starting the car? And vice versa when you turn off you should hear the camera say 'Parking recording will now start' after approx 30 seconds. (Both assuming you have the volume level set above Zero)

When I start the car it says "GPS connected" and then "Continous recording will now start" and when I leave the car after approx 30 seconds it says "Parking recording will now start"

Is this ok ?

Actually, the first thing it says when entering the car is that she has detected one incident when in parking mode, but that's me getting into the car.

That does sound correct....Were you definitely looking in the 'Continuous' folder when you got 20 seconds clips?

Are you using a Thinkware card?

Ok, I've just checked again. The footage in the Continuous folder are 30 seconds long, the footage in the Continuous Incident folder are 20 seconds long. All my cards in all our cars are purchased direct from Thinkware UK.....I've already been down the road of dodgy fake cards. !!!

So based on what I've said, is all ok ?

Nope, something is wrong.....

I will message you my email address. Can you upload a couple of clips to a Cloud like Dropbox, Mega.nz etc and send me a link to download them please so i can have a look this end...

I sent you a email with a clip, can you let me know if it worked ?

Nice work picking up "MD" (y)

I sent you a email with a clip, can you let me know if it worked ?

Yes i got the 28 second clip thanks. I can see it says 'START' down the bottom of the footage to show the Ignition had been turned ON shortly before. I was hoping we would see an ACC OFF towards the end to show a wiring issue but there wasn't.

When you get a moment could you send a couple more please of when you are actually driving. Also if you could perhaps open the memory card on a PC and screenshot the file names for me like below (although this unit didn't have a GPS connection in the office so dates are wrong) i want to see if i can see any pattern to them..
Capture.PNG

you can share a picture of the file structure on your memory card directly here to the site, just use the picture icon above the text window and drop image / click here to upload your picture.
It also easy go into a e.mail to "MD" if you go that route.

If you are on PC you can use the PtSc button above the arrow keys to get a screen shot when you have the folder with your recorded files open, then after that open paint and press CTRL + V in there to paste the photo into paint, then select save as jpeg and give it a name, and you have your picture to share.

Something do seem to be fishy here.

Ok, email sent, let me know if it contains what you requested.

Appreciate this, thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Thinkware Other 13
P Thinkware Other 2
Back