Shenzhen DOME--- [Leading Manufacturer of Car DVR] -- Brand/OEM/ODM

What is that most famous device of your company?

• GS8000/DM900

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • G1W

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
Here is the difference between Mobius and Blackview: Mobius does not have a branded manufacturer, no website, even no colorful boxes, but a great support thread and constant firmware updates with bug fixes and new features. Blackview has 2 websites, send products in colorful boxes but when the support is needed, there is not a single person who can help and firmware is not available for downloads, not even any old version! Both info@szdome.com and service@blackview.com.cn completely ignored my questions, they even did not answered that they cannot help. Just silence. I hate such support...

So, guys, I can only hope that anyone here can help.

As I wrote before, an unfair Aliexpress seller sold me the following model instead of G55W:
01-ver.gif 02-menu.gif 03-lens.gif 04-serial.gif
It is marked as BL850 but there seems to be some confusion. On some websites people think that BL850 is the same as G50, but actually it is not.
http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2014/08/dash-cam-g50-review.html
G50 has Novatek 96650 chipset and typical Novatek menu while BL850 has (probably) LD6188 (???) and the menu is different (see photo above). This is Novatek menu in G50:
02-IMG_20140811_153237.jpg
Another difference is that G50 has usb contacts in the suction mount while BL850 does not. I'm not sure but according to photos G50 has slightly different (bigger) inner lens. So, at first view it may look as if BL850 is G50, but it's not. It looks like it's a strange copy of G55W without infrared LEDs.

So now that I explained what I received, can anyone help me to get at least any version of firmware for it?
The problem is that I decided to change that stupid 1234567890 password for Wifi, because it is easy to find in internet by googling SSID and it is not possible to change it in menu. So I changed it in SSID_PW.CFG which is on drive b:/ which is available using telnet access. My error was to set 6-chars password and now I cannot connect to WiFi because any Wifi clients that I tried (Windows, Android, WinMoblie) just do not even try to connect until I enter at least 8 chars as password. So, I know the password but I cannot connect with it. I tried to reset the device from menu, but it doesn't reset the contents of b:/ drive. As there doesn't seem to be any way to reach that drive using usb, and wifi is not connectable, the only way to reset the password is to flash it with new firmware. But I could only find old firmware for G55W(LD500)but I'm not sure will it kill my device or not. In G55W firmware (hincam.BRN) I see there is B:/UDF/SSID_PW.CFG inside, and also it's content, so it will surely overwrite it. The only problem is to find correct firmware for my device... Please help anyone! As BlackView/DOME support ignores me completely, any suggestions are welcome now.

Last edited:
R = Reset ( push and release or push and hold for a few seconds then release) ?

2014-New-Mini-Car-DVR-Video-Recorder-G50-Novatek-96650-Full-hd-1080P-2-0-LCD.jpg

This is the first thing that I tried. But it seems to only disconnect battery for some time in case of hang up, it doesn't
affect any settings and of course doesn't modify firmware. I think only firmware update will help. Or some unknown feature to access b:/ from USB. but support won't tell even if they know how to get there using usb cable...

BTW, your picture is true G50, with usb for suction mount. My model doesn't have it.

Normally you should contact with the seller for Software to update.
Please tell me where you buy this car camera and your emaill address. I will send you the correct software.

This is the first thing that I tried. But it seems to only disconnect battery for some time in case of hang up, it doesn't
affect any settings and of course doesn't modify firmware. I think only firmware update will help. Or some unknown feature to access b:/ from USB. but support won't tell even if they know how to get there using usb cable...

BTW, your picture is true G50, with usb for suction mount. My model doesn't have it.

G50 design is different with G55W (LD500). Bracket is different.
This is about you and the seller. I asked you where you buy the DVR?
Can you answer me?

Can you answer me?

BL850 have different 3 versions.

BL850
BL850 IR
BL850 WIFI

Can you answer me?

I already wrote, see message #400 in the thread if you need link to the seller's shop. But as I already wrote, the seller is a swindler. He lied to me all the way and I don't trust him. He tried to make me sure that BL850=G55W, although we can see that it is not, there are no IR LEDs and maybe there are other differences that I can't see now. The link in the shop goes to G55W. So I don't trust the seller and don't want even to talk to him. He's a very bad person. I ordered G55W with 32Gb TF card and he sent me BL850 with a counterfeit and fake 8Gb card that was somehow formatted to 32Gb and labeled as 32Gb Sandisk. But everything that is written beyond 8Gb gets overwritten, so it's a kind of fake format that allows OS to see 32Gb although there are only 8Gb. He knows that the cards are fake and continues to sell them to other customers. He doesn't care that 24 Gb of 32 Gb will be corrupted and unviewable, and the user will only find it out when he will not be able to review video proof in case of car accident, because all 32Gb are can be written an read without error messages. But only first 8Gb will be videos and 24Gb will be useless junk. And what's worse, in dispute Aliexpress protected the seller and allowed him to sell and cheat other people, although it was me who was cheated... And people still continue to buy this wrong or fake DVR and junk TF cards because Aliexpress allows such sellers to sell. That's why I don't want to deal with that seller and with Aliexpress as well. Now I see why there are so many counterfeit products on Ali - because it seems to me that Ali is pretty much happy when sellers cheat customers, they only need profits from sales and don't care that customers who were cheated don't want to buy there anymore, there are many more fools who will buy anyway... On Ebay, such sellers are not allowed to sell and cheated customers get full refund. So Ali sucks, they protect swindlers-sellers but not fair customers...

So, please send me correct firmware for BL850Wifi without LEDs, so that I will be sure that I install exactly what I need. Email: spamaway ( at ) mail.ru
where ( at ) is @

I have the BL 850/G50 it does not have wifi or led lights. So your asking for firmware for a camera that does not support wifi. The G50/BL850 is a good little dashcam. The only place i have seen the G55 with leds and wifi is on the Dome website never seen it for sale on any other sellers websites

I have the BL 850/G50 it does not have wifi or led lights. So your asking for firmware for a camera that does not support wifi. The G50/BL850 is a good little dashcam. The only place i have seen the G55 with leds and wifi is on the Dome website never seen it for sale on any other sellers websites

No please don't confuse BL850 and G50. I already wrote before, G50 is Novatek and BL850 is not, G50's firmware will most likely kill BL850. The manufacturers should select different model names to avoid confusion.

As there is no help and firmware from the manufacturer, I installed firmware for G55W on BL850 and it works. Maybe anyone know how to get hd stream on wifi? The rtsp stream that it transfers in 640x360, very much over-compressed, with many JPEG artifacts and no details at all, so basically it is useless. I wonder how to get better quality stream, maybe even 640x360 but not over-compressed? Their software calls it as:
rtsp://192.168.1.1/MJPG?W=640&H=360&Q=50&BR=3000000
but changing any values (width, height, quality and bitrate) doesn't have any affect, they seem to be fixed in firmware. Does anyone know any solution?

It looks like there is no one interested in the production of this company, including even those who produce it. It's a pity that some producers still don't understand that customer satisfaction leads to sales and there's no use in producing things that nobody wants to buy...

Isn't there anyone interested in these cameras? I still wonder how to make it transfer HD stream. By default it's only 640x360 and what's worse the picture is over-compressed and is covered with lots of JPEG artifacts. Maybe it looks acceptable on 3-inch screen of a phone, but it's really bad on 5 inch screen of a smartphone and just horrible on 10-inch android tablet (I don't even talk about 17 inch PC screen) because the image is zoomed to the screen size and we see these ugly squares instead of the image details:

_1.jpg
_2.jpg _3.jpg

I understand that this DVR is not a security camera, but still if you make some feature, there was probably some reason why it was implemented, and with such a quality, I have no idea how such a poor video stream can be used, especially if the user needs to stop FullHD recodring to TF card to view this low-quality stream. So I wonder, is it really what programmers wanted to do in this product or it's a bug in software? I see in telnet that the software tries to create dual stream with params

H(1920,1080,12000000,30)M(640,360,80,4500000)

But what I can catch is only 640x360 stream and there seems to be no 1920x1080 stream:

========================================================

I}ServerMediaSession.c:89> --
I}RTSPServer.c:346> -- sessId=2086451581
I}RTSPServer.c:266> accept socket 35
accept()ed connection from 192.168.1.10
I}RTSPServer.c:308> ++ sessId=1675264505, sock=35
I}CaptureRTSPServer.c:87> streamName='MJPG', rootName='MJPG'
<<>> URL = 'MJPG'
I}ServerMediaSession.c:66> ++
I}streaming_api.c:268> No H264
I}streaming_api.c:317> No Audio
>>> appRtpStartStreaming
PTPContRecMode:1
cur mode:0x21
Active Op mode get:0x1
Update Param
[RTP][ParamReset]H(1920,1080,12000000,30)M(640,360,80,4500000)

@@no in rec state
30FPS
I}streaming_api.c:472> dualstream start: 640 360 4500000 80 329216
timestampeBase = 90000, SSRC=528301997, SeqNo=63441
I}RTSPServer.c:1254> 'Range: npt=0.0-

Line "[RTP][ParamReset]H(1920,1080,12000000,30)M(640,360,80,4500000)" is interesting. I think it describes 2 video modes: 1920x1080 at 12Mbps and 640x360 at 4.5Mbps. It looks like only the second mode is active in VLC player. I wonder, is it possible to activate the first mode somehow? Is it possible that the FullHD stream is not active because of a bug: if you see, there is a difference is initialization:

M(640,360,80,4500000)
H(1920,1080,12000000,30)

But if M works and H doesn't work, then it should be H(1920,1080,30,12000000) instead of H(1920,1080,12000000,30).

This is only my guess, unfortunately, I cannot try to fix it because I have no idea how to reprogram the firmware. Can you help with this? Or if it's not a bug and you know how to get the full hd stream from this DVR, please tell me.

I ordered Videoreg

It does not work night shooting, the menu does not match the chip Novatek constantly freezes - helps only the reset button has not sent a full complete set - there is no fastening and packaging other than in the description.
The video quality is poor. What to do? Is it possible to flash at least not hung ??

I bought a G55W camera with no Wifi signal (when long press OK)
I tried to upgrade the firmware with the LD500A 1027A version from 28.10.2014
After putting hincam.BRN and hincam.mrk on a sdcard and power off power on, camera freezed then shutdown, hincam.mrk disapeared from the sdcard and the camera no longer starts. Pressing reset not help. It appears only charging with blue led on when plugged in the usb charging cable

Please your help will be much appreciated!

I bought a G55W camera with no Wifi signal (when long press OK)
I tried to upgrade the firmware with the LD500A 1027A version from 28.10.2014
After putting hincam.BRN and hincam.mrk on a sdcard and power off power on, camera freezed then shutdown, hincam.mrk disapeared from the sdcard and the camera no longer starts. Pressing reset not help. It appears only charging with blue led on when plugged in the usb charging cable

Please your help will be much appreciated!

Why so many people like to update the dvr without the right instruction.
Before update, did you contact with the seller, where you buy the dvr for right software?
They should give you first hand help. I am not after sales customer service staff. And I am very busy with my work staff.
so I cannot answer all your questions. Pls forgive this.

Refer to your problem, it maybe because when you update, there is no enough power support (you didn't connect dvr with power cable). Then DVR hang on on update road.
1st solution: Is is possible you try update process by TF card once again?
2nd solution: If not, then can only try update by Computer (contact seller for the procedure).
3rd solution: Hardware broken, need send back for repair.

Why you cannot get WIFI, is it bcs you didn't insert TF card before long press OK(REC) Key? (Necessary do like this)

Are you sure you are not Ms Gunner?

It looks like there is no one interested in the production of this company, including even those who produce it. It's a pity that some producers still don't understand that customer satisfaction leads to sales and there's no use in producing things that nobody wants to buy...

Isn't there anyone interested in these cameras? I still wonder how to make it transfer HD stream. By default it's only 640x360 and what's worse the picture is over-compressed and is covered with lots of JPEG artifacts. Maybe it looks acceptable on 3-inch screen of a phone, but it's really bad on 5 inch screen of a smartphone and just horrible on 10-inch android tablet (I don't even talk about 17 inch PC screen) because the image is zoomed to the screen size and we see these ugly squares instead of the image details:

View attachment 11433
View attachment 11434 View attachment 11435

I understand that this DVR is not a security camera, but still if you make some feature, there was probably some reason why it was implemented, and with such a quality, I have no idea how such a poor video stream can be used, especially if the user needs to stop FullHD recodring to TF card to view this low-quality stream. So I wonder, is it really what programmers wanted to do in this product or it's a bug in software? I see in telnet that the software tries to create dual stream with params

H(1920,1080,12000000,30)M(640,360,80,4500000)

But what I can catch is only 640x360 stream and there seems to be no 1920x1080 stream:

I}ServerMediaSession.c:89> --
I}RTSPServer.c:346> -- sessId=2086451581
I}RTSPServer.c:266> accept socket 35
accept()ed connection from 192.168.1.10
I}RTSPServer.c:308> ++ sessId=1675264505, sock=35
<<>> URL = 'MJPG'
I}ServerMediaSession.c:66> ++
I}streaming_api.c:268> No H264
I}streaming_api.c:317> No Audio
>>> appRtpStartStreaming
PTPContRecMode:1
cur mode:0x21
Active Op mode get:0x1
Update Param

@@no in rec state
30FPS
I}streaming_api.c:472> dualstream start: 640 360 4500000 80 329216
timestampeBase = 90000, SSRC=528301997, SeqNo=63441
I}RTSPServer.c:1254> 'Range: npt=0.0-

Line "[RTP][ParamReset]H(1920,1080,12000000,30)M(640,360,80,4500000)" is interesting. I think it describes 2 video modes: 1920x1080 at 12Mbps and 640x360 at 4.5Mbps. It looks like only the second mode is active in VLC player. I wonder, is it possible to activate the first mode somehow? Is it possible that the FullHD stream is not active because of a bug: if you see, there is a difference is initialization:

M(640,360,80,4500000)
H(1920,1080,12000000,30)

But if M works and H doesn't work, then it should be H(1920,1080,30,12000000) instead of H(1920,1080,12000000,30).

This is only my guess, unfortunately, I cannot try to fix it because I have no idea how to reprogram the firmware. Can you help with this? Or if it's not a bug and you know how to get the full hd stream from this DVR, please tell me.

Why so many people like to update the dvr without the right instruction.
Before update, did you contact with the seller, where you buy the dvr for right software?
They should give you first hand help. I am not after sales customer service staff. And I am very busy with my work staff.

Refer to your problem, it maybe because when you update, there is no enough power support (you didn't connect dvr with power cable). Then DVR hang on on update road.
1st solution: Is is possible you try update process by TF card once again?
Not possible as it is not starting. I really appreciate your help indications.
2nd solution: If not, then can only try update by Computer (contact seller for the procedure).
Ebay seller told there is not such procedure, maybe if you have it you can share.
I only saw that when usb is plugged in and pressing reset, and after that power with ok buttons in the same time, on computer appears a request for a new driver that i dont have it.
3rd solution: Hardware broken, need send back for repair.

Why you cannot get WIFI, is it bcs you didn't insert TF card before long press OK(REC) Key? (Necessary do like this)
Now i cannot try anything as it is not starting but before after long press OK the message with wifi appears on screen but no wifi signal around with ssid view-0001 or something, with or without card do not matters.

Last edited:
Not possible as it is not starting. I really appreciate your help indications.

Ebay seller told there is not such procedure, maybe if you have it you can share.
I only saw that when usb is plugged in and pressing reset, and after that power with ok buttons in the same time, on computer appears a request for a new driver that i dont have it.

Now i cannot try anything as it is not starting but before after long press OK the message with wifi appears on screen but no wifi signal around with ssid view-0001 or something, with or without card do not matters.

The same problem with the same firmware. Before it, I flashed 2 different firmwares and it was OK, but this one bricked my camera completely, it doesn't start and the PC doesn't see it. If you have a solution, let me know. I wonder if there is a PC flasher to fix it... And about WiFi, there seems to be different versions of the same camera, without IR leds and without Wifi. I received a version without IR leds but with Wifi, maybe your camera just doesn't have a wifi module... this is really stupid, if they make cams with different features, they could at least give them different names.

In fact, sellers will never know this because it needs producer's support. But this producer lacks any consumer support -- there is no support forum and contact emails from the websites don't answer. This forum seems to be the only forum where people can talk about products of this company, but there is no one here from support team too. If you are busy with your work, you could at least invite someone from support or developers to this forum to solve technical problems, there are not so many of them here and it really doesn't take much time to explain everything, at least if there is someone who CAN explain things...

I have a preliminary video comparing Ambarella A7 and A12.
Who will be interested? :)

A12 Starlight Night Vision Demo Video download Links:

This is just a demo made two months ago.

Back