Shenzhen DOME--- [Leading Manufacturer of Car DVR] -- Brand/OEM/ODM

What is that most famous device of your company?

• GS8000/DM900

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • G1W

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
So, did anyone find out how to flash firmware for G55W/LD500/etc from PC or from TF card after failed update? It lays dead for several months already and if there is no way to make it alive maybe it's time to throw it away... So if anyone found a way to flash it, please share your method.

Page3.jpg

These two tooling support OEM ONLY

Fandy,
I have just two questions to you about Dome D201 dashcam:
- is it possible to add a functionality that allows you to remove current speed from video recording?
- could your engineers fix a problem with securing recordings, as Makabra wrote in this post: Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)?

I want to buy a Dome D201 dashcam, but I will not to do this untill above functionalities will not be added or fixed. It is very important to me (and as I know - not only to me).

Best regards,
Matthew

Don't buy this product. Read the thread above and you will understand that this company doesn't provide any after-purchase support. If anything wrong happens to your camera, there will be no support and no help. I've contacted their support both on their Chinese and English websites twice and never had ANY answers. They don't even answer that they can't help, they don't answer anything at all. And here, in this thread, several customers asked the representative of the company to assist a little and help or at least contact support team to help us, but our messages were just ignored. This is how this company does the business - their goal is to sell, but after they receive the payment none of your problems will be solved. Be careful and don't buy products of this company.

they're here to promote the product, they don't sell directly as such, your issues are still valid though, the after support is lacking

Anyone who are interested with 360 Panorama camera can contact with me directly.
Two Lens 360 panorama camera.

It is a dashcam?

enjoy,
Mtz

With a suitable mount, it can be a Twin (dual) cam Dashcam.

So, did anyone find out how to flash firmware for G55W/LD500/etc from PC or from TF card after failed update? It lays dead for several months already and if there is no way to make it alive maybe it's time to throw it away... So if anyone found a way to flash it, please share your method.

There really is only one way .. Put the firmware on the SD card , insert the card and power the cam ...
The cam will read the card , finding the firmware it will then update ...
Failure to follow procedure may mean a spectacular fail .. ( For example a fully charged battery or non interrupted external power )

If you screw it up , there is usually only one way to recover and that's through the factory .. ( same way original firmware is installed )

So if you have screwed the pooch , or stuffed up your firmware .. Then the cam may simply no longer have functioning firmware , in which case the cam wont read whats on the SD card and wont update ...
In which case , you have a bag full of spare parts ...

Updating firmware is easy , but what ever you do , never ever interrupt the process ...
And if you have a cam that works as it should , why would you ? ( If its not broke , dont fix it )

It might be possible to flash VIA PC-USB , but you might need a FLASH PROGRAM ( like what the factory uses ) ...
Perhaps similar to what is used to update firmware on Radio Control Transmitters ..
Also a USB flash cable with the correct interface chip ...
This might be something only the manufacturer knows ... And they may not wish to give away proprietary software ...
I don't think the dashcam community is quite as well organized as the RC community when it comes to firmware PLAY ... ( Or even the Nikon community or PC community etc )

Hi Fandy,

Is GEARBEST your authorised retailer ?
In the event a user need to send their DOME products back for repair within the 1-year warranty period, does GEARBEST send the item back to DOME for repair ?

Just read few posts above. The experience with Gearbest is good until you will have problems. I have a ticket with them for a simple solution and they even don't bother to contact the manufacturer to ask for help.
If you will have a problem Gearbest will start to offer some stupid solutions like giving a small refund for a big problem.

If you want China better go with with FoxOffer but better is to buy locally.

enjoy,
Mtz

<<<If you will have a problem Gearbest will start to offer some stupid solutions like giving a small refund for a big problem.>>

yes, exactly what I am experiencing now... instead of repairing my DVR, they offer me a refund half the value of what I paid for...

You are more lucky than my offer which was about 20% from the product price. I offered to repair myself by replacing the damaged component they will send to me but they want me to send a $250 product in China and then they will decide what to do.
I bought it from Europe but they are asking me to send back in China. If they will repair and send back to me I need to pay at least $50 customs taxes. So the product will cost me more than $300 and I can not use it for many weeks.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello together, am looking for the latest firmware for GS98C with Km/h

Hello together, am looking for the latest firmware for GS98C with Km/h
If you go to my site and go to the downloads section, you will see a version in the Dome section. Not sure of the version though. It should have Km/h.

Back