Shipping Gearbest

Spectre013

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A118
Ordered my dashcam from GearBest, everything was okay couple days later showed that it was shipped. That was Sept. 18th. It is still just showing as Shipment Information Received. Contacting them they say it is stuck in customs, for a few days I could see but stuck in customs for two weeks?

Any one else had long shipping delays from them?

Ordered my dashcam from GearBest, everything was okay couple days later showed that it was shipped. That was Sept. 18th. It is still just showing as Shipment Information Received. Contacting them they say it is stuck in customs, for a few days I could see but stuck in customs for two weeks?

Any one else had long shipping delays from them?

Mine was shipped Sept 16th, received it today. You should receive yours in the next couple of days.

What does your tracking number say?

Still has just the one entry

"Shipment information received"

That was on the 18th, nothing since.

Then your unit is still most likely at customs.
Call the United States Post Office. Do not enter your tracking number, you don't want the automated tracking system. You want to speak to a rep.
When the rep finally gets on the phone, give the rep your tracking number.
They should be able to confirm if your unit has arrived at customs. They might also be able to give an ETA of when they will deliver it to you.

Chinese shipments are a crap shoot. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different stories. Customs has been picky with shipments from all Chinese sellers and especially LIPO batteries. Unfortunately the seller has no control over this.

Chinese shipments are a crap shoot. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different stories. Customs has been picky with shipments from all Chinese sellers and especially LIPO batteries. Unfortunately the seller has no control over this.
This order is from the Netherlands not China.

I have gotten a few things from them with no issue.

Try TrackChecker program (Windows\Android), http://www.trackchecker.net/

As for Gearbest tracking numbers, the available Netherlands Post tracking information is very brief. Usually it has a couple of events like registering the parcel and shipping it to the country of destination. Before it arriving in Netherlands there usually isn't any info via tracking service. After departure from NL it tracks with your country's postal services web site.

That doesn't prevent NL post from being very fast, from China to Russia in about 2 weeks. Other carriers take twice that long.

I just checked the info on the parcel. The return address is the Netherlands, but it is also written on the lower left side of parcel, Origin China.

it's some sort of forwarding service they do, we've used it also depending on destination and what's being sent, anything with a battery inside can be a problem

Not complaining about Gearbest cause I know it's not their fault. Just wasn't sure if it was DHL not updating or a package actually sitting in customs for 2 weeks.

Thanks for the replies!

Not complaining about Gearbest cause I know it's not their fault. Just wasn't sure if it was DHL not updating or a package actually sitting in customs for 2 weeks.

Thanks for the replies!
Tracking from China can be frustrating

I've sold items on eBay to people all over the world and depending on the country things can get stuck in customs for a very long time. One time I sold an expensive view camera lens to a guy in the Netherlands and it was stuck in customs for a month. In fact, it took a couple of weeks to even figure out that this was where the parcel disappeared to once it arrived in the country. Fortunately, the buyer was very patient about the whole thing but Netherlands was by far the worst customs experience I've ever had as an eBay seller.

I don't know if possible from your country, but if sending to Holland, use Royal Mail (UK Post). If sending from USA to UK, use NL Post (if possible).
All stuff from China to EU countries (except Holland) should come using NL Post. Also UK Post is good, but not available in Shenzen. Sweden Post can be OK, but shipping time is longer than NL Post. This is the only way to avoid the customs and should be used with any order from China, at least how much time from now this is possible.
When sending to USA I think there is no trick to avoid customs.

enjoy,
Mtz

We're kind of stuck with the US Postal Service (USPS) or private carriers. For many items as an eBay seller, USPS is the most reasonably priced.

The Good: Dashcam made it through customs on Friday and headed out and was delivered today.

The Bad: Some Asshat helped themselves to the box before I got home.

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Back