SHISHUO Dash Cam Hardwire Kit Problems

Scrounger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings all.

Long time lurker first time poster and am looking for some guidance.

I currently have a Viofo 119S mated to a SHISHUO Dash Cam Hardwire Kit which, in turn, is tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse in my VW Tiguan.

The problem I’m having is that when the stop/start kicks in and the engine restarts at traffic lights for example, the Camera reboots.

I’ve contacted the supplier directly and he has advised changing the tap to a different fuse, which I’ve done, with the same results.

My only other option is to tap into a constant live fuse but am concerned of battery drain even though the hardwire kit boasts a cut off at 11.6v.

Any suggestions where I’m going wrong?

As a side note I have the same set up in my wife’s Mercedes and it has the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dan.

You may need to continue to try some different fuses to find one that does not cut out.

Greetings all.

Long time lurker first time poster and am looking for some guidance.

I currently have a Viofo 119S mated to a SHISHUO Dash Cam Hardwire Kit which, in turn, is tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse in my VW Tiguan.

The problem I’m having is that when the stop/start kicks in and the engine restarts at traffic lights for example, the Camera reboots.

I’ve contacted the supplier directly and he has advised changing the tap to a different fuse, which I’ve done, with the same results.

My only other option is to tap into a constant live fuse but am concerned of battery drain even though the hardwire kit boasts a cut off at 11.6v.

Any suggestions where I’m going wrong?

As a side note I have the same set up in my wife’s Mercedes and it has the same issue.

Check voltage level during engine restart using analog multimeter . I see two possibilities - first is that during restart voltage drops, second is that the circuit is completely switched off during cranking.

Thanks both.

I'll have a look again when the rain stops but as I've tried 2 switched fuses, I would assume that the the switched fuses are switched off during cranking.

Just an update on this and it would appear that the hardwire kit isn't working correctly. I am making the assumption that the voltage is set too low so when the S/S kicks in the voltage drops below the threshold and the camera turns off.

I've just installed a Nextbase harness and it works perfectly.

Back