Shocking night footage

ItsLee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I brought the viofo 2k duo camera after reading its replacing the older version. After looking at the online reviews etc... thought yer wicked ill buy one. Yer im not that impressed. I had to buy a CPL filter as the reflection was massive extra £15. And I have driven the first time in the dark and its not the best footage. Its like every 5-7secs the footage seems to get some form of interference with noise and even at one point the footage was really bad. Im using my nextbase hardwire kit but should I be using the original cable? I don't want to buy the viofo kit if the nextbase does the same? I also dont want to use the parking mode. Im also using a 64GB sandisk extreme card.

Any tips and advice?

Thanks.

If you experience problems with a camera, and not using the provided means of power, the first thing you should is to try that.
Hard wire kits while often doing much the same, it is highly recommended to use one the same brand as the camera, some times you even have to make sure your particular model are also supported.

64GB are indeed on the low side, not least for a 2 channel camera, i would not buy a card smaller than 128 GB today, and i am using 256 GB memory cards in my daily driver cameras / using 120 GB and a few 64GB cards to test with ( memory card compatibility )

It would help a great deal if you could post a sample video of the issue.

If you experience problems with a camera, and not using the provided means of power, the first thing you should is to try that.
Hard wire kits while often doing much the same, it is highly recommended to use one the same brand as the camera, some times you even have to make sure your particular model are also supported.

64GB are indeed on the low side, not least for a 2 channel camera, i would not buy a card smaller than 128 GB today, and i am using 256 GB memory cards in my daily driver cameras / using 120 GB and a few 64GB cards to test with ( memory card compatibility )
Im not actually using the rear camera yet so its only recording the front. Im going to try the power cable it came with and see how that goes.

It would help a great deal if you could post a sample video of the issue.
Its literally like 3mins of footage from my house to the shop. But im going to try again now and ill upload footage.

Yeah just drape the cable over the mirror and maybe sunshades, and drive around for a day or two to see if that improve on things.
Some often use a USB charge port in their car, but this is often a disaster as they for some reason are very under powered.

I would use the included power supply instead of the Nextbase one, a poor power supply can impact the performance of the camera

You can also try powering your A129 Duo using the included 12V Cig Outlet Adapter to see how the video quality is. That can rule out if its power supply related or not.

Back